Contact us

♛ WV WESTMINSTER 119 || GRAND FINAL || DDL: 15 FEB 20CET ♛

Status
Not open for further replies.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Well, the Norwegian votes have been sent. Ranking the songs in this final was even harder than I expected. xgaah I left out of my top 10 7 excellent songs, IMO. xblush I'm terribly sorry...
To what my top 10 concerns, all the songs are awesome, ofc. xheart xheart xheart
Good luck!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Just under 24 hours left, and still over half of you to vote. You all obviously know my opinion on vote nesting by now, but it would be nice if I didn't have to input like 25 sets of votes tomorrow. x

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
@AshleyWright keep that nice hair on. I'm currently finalising my votes as we speak. Very hard though in this final when I've gotten quite a lump of songs though from the semis.

No it's been blown clean off x
news-reporter-wig-blows-off-runway-plane-14302630874.gif

Your votes arriving will no doubt bring it back a bit though x

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
:us: has finally voted. In hindsight it wasn't actually particularly too strong right at the very top. Only two songs here felt like my kind of 12 pointers, and I think my heart knew which one it would be the moment it played at the LL. Overall it was a very voteable final though which made it hard. I had to leave out some songs I appreciated. Outside of that 12 and 10 which I glued down, all the rest was a struggle to rank. Lots of moving around songs until I was like "oh for goodness sake, this will do" and just sent my votes in.

Grinch

:za: voted.

It was very hard to vote but I'm glad to discover so many good songs!

Genesis

:pl: has voted. A really enjoyable final. My top 3 is especially x heat xheat I had to leave some songs out that I did find quite nice.Sorry in advance xrose

ZoboCamel

:jp: has voted! And... wow, this was a weird final for me as far as voting goes. This wasn't the strongest edition for me based on the semis, but I had brilliant luck with qualifiers (getting 4 out of my top 5 in SF1 followed by 5/5 in SF2), and there were a bunch of growers. So I ended up with no huge standouts or anything, but still like 10 great songs that I'd usually hope to give between 5-10 points... it was tough to actually rank all of them!

Anyways, lots of deserving songs here even if there's no particular one that I'm going to hardcore-stan, so I'm just hoping for something I liked to take the crown~

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
:svea: voted earlier after much headache and hair-tearing. xcry One of the hardest finals ever to rank, because it was so good! I wanted to give 12 points to my whole top three. And I wish I could have given more points to my bottom three, and at least a couple of songs to the songs I had to leave without. I apologize for the disappointment you're bound to feel beforehand! xrose

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Just.. wow. What a somber ending to this edition, for me anyway. The host I chose for semi 1 (Caroline Flack) has apparently just been found dead in her apartment after taking her own life. Honestly no words. I've been a fan of her for years and it's heartbreaking to see shes taken her own life.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
With Croatia voting on the dot... Everyone voted!

Results will be tomorrow, time announced soon. :D

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Just.. wow. What a somber ending to this edition, for me anyway. The host I chose for semi 1 (Caroline Flack) has apparently just been found dead in her apartment after taking her own life. Honestly no words. I've been a fan of her for years and it's heartbreaking to see shes taken her own life.

Sad and devastating news. RIP. :(

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
GRAND FINAL RESULTS
16TH FEB 21:00 CET

esc87fan

All of Team Canada, though they participated in SF2, will be wearing black ribbons to mourn the passing of SF1 host Caroline Flack

theditz83

Veteran
Can't believe the news today about Caroline Flack - and the fact that people are blaming a TV show she hosted rather than the shameless bullies and trolls from the UK tabloids and social media who were the true scum that drove her to despair.

RIP - gone far too soon, and really hits home how easy it can be to wreck lives with words. Be kind everyone xheart

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Can't believe the news today about Caroline Flack - and the fact that people are blaming a TV show she hosted rather than the shameless bullies and trolls from the UK tabloids and social media who were the true scum that drove her to despair.

RIP - gone far too soon, and really hits home how easy it can be to wreck lives with words. Be kind everyone xheart

Exactly that, this is another case of a vicious tabloid media tearing peoples lives apart with a witch hunt and online bullying. It seems to happening more and more frequently and yet nothing is done about the tabloids that destroyed her. We don't truly know the extent of her problems but there is every chance that she'd still be with us if they hadn't attacked her as they did and encourage online bullying.

Ausesken

Nowadays many of those that fill their mouths talking against bullying then ignore -or pretend to ignore- that online bullying does exist, or defend that bullying against a known person is justified because 'they have exposed themselves to the audience, so they must deal with it'. That's why honestly I don't watch reality shows such as Big Brother, gossip shows, and I don't read tabloids. Their success is exclusvely based on criticising and judging each other, on promoting fights and arguments, and they are always competing to see who has the most juicy exclusive about a person's life. And honestly, not giving them audience is the best we can do to make our society better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom