فلسطين‎‎ - Palestine

AlekS

Veteran
Re: ?????? - Palestine

evil_admin_warning_clip_art_13387.jpg

evil_admin.gif

Schlagerman1

Re: ?????? - Palestine

Well I say what I often think about countries in ESC...if they are in the Euro Championships, then IMO they are allowed to compete in ESC.

Still, if suddenly Palestine accepts Israel and gets into ESC, then they are welcomed! :)

A-lister

Veteran
Not geographically nor culturally European, unrecognized territory, in conflict with another ESC country, one part ruled by a terrorist organization...

I'd say NO!

No more non-European countries in the contest unless we want to turn it into some sort of UN "peace-making" song contest FARCE!

goktengri

Banned
Palestine has a democratic and modern constitution, it would be better country if politicians would treat in accordance with their laws, but i still support Palestine cause i see that the people trying to get rid of terrorists and build a secular country. There are liberal and secular movements in Palestine.

Palestine recognizes Israel politically (even they claim sovereignty in some israeli lands, but at least they recognize them and it shows they are different from other arabian countries). Also they are closer to europe as much as Israel, so they deserve a chance.

xmusic go Palestinian Folk Rock ! :mrgreen:

MyHeartIsYours

It doesnt matter what the constitution of Palestine is, it is by no way modern or democratic. It's a dictatorship of living hell where the people are denied all rights.
I dont really care whether it's secular or not (which it isnt), as far as Im concerned a religious country has just as much right to join ESC as a non-religious country. The issue here is human rights, Israeli rights and keeping a non-Westernized state out of Eurovision. Israel has long been a member of ESC so why should we let a regime which does not recognise Israel's right to exist join? Why should we let a country that celebrates 9/11 join our contest? The answer is we shouldnt and if Palestine ever joined the way it is now then you can kiss goodbye to Eurovision.
The world backed cultural isolation of Apartheid South Africa, why have different morals for the much worse Palestine?

goktengri

Banned
It doesnt matter what the constitution of Palestine is, it is by no way modern or democratic. It's a dictatorship of living hell where the people are denied all rights.
I dont really care whether it's secular or not (which it isnt), as far as Im concerned a religious country has just as much right to join ESC as a non-religious country. The issue here is human rights, Israeli rights and keeping a non-Westernized state out of Eurovision. Israel has long been a member of ESC so why should we let Palestinians who go out and massacre Israelis on a daily basis join our contest? Why should we let a country that celebrates 9/11 join our contest? The answer is we shouldnt and if Palestine ever joined the way it is now then you can kiss goodbye to Eurovision.
The world backed cultural isolation of Apartheid South Africa, why have different morals for the much worse Palestine?

It is not about what the Palestinian regime. North Korea played in world cup. Anyone didn't say that they have a dictator regime, they can't be in the cup.

Attacker is not only Palestine, Everyone saw what happened the civils in Gaza... You shouldn't be sided by saying '' Palestinians attacking, killing the Israeli people '' Government of Israel doing same thing. I understand you, cause you love israel so much more than palestine as they have more democratic and liberal laws, You are so sensitive about lgbt rights so you can ignore attacks from Israeli side to Palestinian lands easily. But 2 sides killing their people each other and first you should see that.

However, These issues about politics, Politics should stay away from Eurovision !

Schlagerman1

About Palestine joining ESC or not is actually not a question of politics, otherwise we wouldn't have countries like Belarus or Azerbaijan in the contest, two countries there democratic values is sligthy different comparing to the other countries in ESC. Problem for me with Palestine is the culture, that feels a little too much arab, not a single bit european in my opinion. Then also, I go after the Euro-qualifications in football, there we have countries like Israel, Azerbaijan, Armenia and even Kazakhstan, but no Palestine and other arabian country and thats why I don't want them personally in ESC. But if it happens that Palestine suddenly accepts Israel and are allowed to join ESC, then of course it will be fun to see new countries in ESC! :)

goktengri

Banned
About Palestine joining ESC or not is actually not a question of politics, otherwise we wouldn't have countries like Belarus or Azerbaijan in the contest, two countries there democratic values is sligthy different comparing to the other countries in ESC. Problem for me with Palestine is the culture, that feels a little too much arab, not a single bit european in my opinion. Then also, I go after the Euro-qualifications in football, there we have countries like Israel, Azerbaijan, Armenia and even Kazakhstan, but no Palestine and other arabian country and thats why I don't want them personally in ESC. But if it happens that Palestine suddenly accepts Israel and are allowed to join ESC, then of course it will be fun to see new countries in ESC! :)

I think everyone knows what i think about Arabs :mrgreen: but i want to see new countries too :D

xgood

Chorizo

I would like Palestine to participate next year with a political song just for the sake of drama. :cool:

anto475

Okay I'm a bit late but apparantly a lot of people that Waterford Whispers News was a credible source:

It even got Snopes involved (their first Eurovision related fact check):

Waterford Whispers is a national institution. This isn't the first time they've been taken seriously!

Top Bottom