Contact us

فلسطين‎‎ - Palestine

TF100

ps.gif

goktengri

Banned
Re: ?????? - Palestine

I'm not sure that they want to join this contest or they'll be accepted.They must accept Israel and I don't think they'll accept.But i want every country if they ingenuous.

MyHeartIsYours

Definitely NO!!!
They are not a proper country, have no money, don't accept Israel and it would increase the security threat at Eurovision because of the terrorists.

ParadiseES

MyHeartIsYours said:
it would increase the security threat at Eurovision because of the terrorists.

what?? :shock:

MyHeartIsYours

Well it's quite obvious that if Palestine were in the contest that there will be a higher security risk.
I know you love them but you gotta face the facts. ;) :D

ParadiseES

MyHeartIsYours said:
Well it's quite obvious that if Palestine were in the contest that there will be a higher security risk.
I know you love them but you gotta face the facts. ;) :D
But even if there's a terrorist threat, they wouldn't go to attack Palestinians but Israel, so the supposed security risk is the same than now ;)

goktengri

Banned

MyHeartIsYours said:
Definitely NO!!!
They are not a proper country, have no money, don't accept Israel and it would increase the security threat at Eurovision because of the terrorists.

Then it will not to be organized in Palestine if they win.But it's not fair that abase a country with their economy.There are countries too which has economic problems in Eurovision.

I'm against prejudices,all the palestinians are not terrorists or its supporters.There are secular people too (You should look for Fatah,Democratic Front for the Liberation of Palestine,Palestinian Democratic Union,Palestinian People's Party,Palestinian National Initiative,Popular Front for the Liberation of Palestine,Palestinian Popular Struggle Front)

If Palestine accept Israel,They are a proper country.It's eurovision,no politics.

Rim Banna:

[youtube:be5jau62]xHy1xpznE48[/youtube:be5jau62]

ParadiseES

Exactly. Of course they can't enter until they accept Israel. But if they ever do, I see no reason why they can't join!

goktengri

Banned

ParadiseES said:
Exactly. Of course they can't enter until they accept Israel. But if they ever do, I see no reason why they can't join!

Also we can't sure that israel will accept Palestine ! ;) Maybe they will withdraw because of them.

MyHeartIsYours

Israel would still participate if Palestine was also participating because, contrary to popular belief, Israel does not hate Palestine or the Palestinians. As the Israeli Deputy Prime Minister said on BBC 2 days ago, "We celebrated 50 years of independence in 2008, we wish the Palestinians could have done the same."

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Please refrain from discussing the political positions of Palestine and focus on ESC. Thank you!

goktengri

Banned

Matt said:
Please refrain from discussing the political positions of Palestine and focus on ESC. Thank you!

Yes.Maybe I have negative views against Palestine but I don't exclude any country in ESC.Palestine have right to participate in ESC !

American Andy

ANYWAY....Palestine has a national broadcaster that is an "approved participant member" of the EBU. If they want to pay the extra money to become full member, then technically, they can participate. I think they could definitely be used as a gateway to help ease issues in that area. Not all Palestinians hate Israel and not all Israelis hate Palestine.

The same goes for Kosovo, who does have a broadcaster actively applying for EBU membership. Not all Kosovars hate Serbia and not all Serbians hate Kosovo. It should be allowed to participate also, although many of the ESC countries do not recognize it as a country, either.

As I always say, when it comes to the Eurovision Song Contest, the more the merrier!

Milos-BC

^

How can Palestine's participation change any political relations?

Also, when ALL countries recognize Kosovo, then they can enter, but 'till then it is just a dream.

ParadiseES

Kosovo is not an UN member, so they still can't enter ;)

AlekS

Veteran

Countries which lie within European Broadcasting (OR members of European Council) area with official TV broadcasters can enter EBU. In order to gather all necessary documents they have to spport certain standards.
I doubt that this will happen to Kosovo or Palestine in the near future.
Even if someone was UN member even if it was recognized as a country by total majority I doubt that they could be accepted. Not in this decade for sure.

MyHeartIsYours

I believe in the next few years Kosovo will join EBU and therefore Eurovision. After all, it is recognised by the European Union. :)

And sorry for my post before... I guess it was a bit too political :oops:

Last edited:

Israeliboy

@goktengri
With all the respect, to say that Israel will withdraw because of pallisitne? It's pathetic (I am not gonna offend you, but if you say that, you really don't know Israel in this issue)!

And for the topic, when palestine will be a country, they can join esc, but not, unless they recognize Israel (something that will take a lot of years)!

ParadiseES

THE END OF EUROVISION, OMG!!!!! :eek:

Top Bottom