Contact us

УКРАЇНА - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

wittgenstein

Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

Muireanne said:
sharkan said:
no doubt that this is the best ukrainian song in ESC ever ;)

Yeah sure... they say that every year :lol: . Only fact is... the "best Ukrainian entry ever" dates back to 2004 (when they won, not to mention).
This year isn't any good. The girl can't sing, the song (in total) sounds like a 3rd degree lounge-bar type of thing and as far as I've seen, the choreo doesn't do much to the entire problem either.
So take it from an Irish fan with about 24 years of ESC-experience: THIS SUCKS!

hello irish fan,
you will be surprised when ukraine blows ireland (and the ever so boring irish ballad) out of the final.
cheers!

Raul_Spain

To that Irish fan. Sorry but you talk sh*t. I don't care your ESC experience either.

Muireanne

wittgenstein said:
Muireanne said:
sharkan said:
no doubt that this is the best ukrainian song in ESC ever ;)

Yeah sure... they say that every year :lol: . Only fact is... the "best Ukrainian entry ever" dates back to 2004 (when they won, not to mention).
This year isn't any good. The girl can't sing, the song (in total) sounds like a 3rd degree lounge-bar type of thing and as far as I've seen, the choreo doesn't do much to the entire problem either.
So take it from an Irish fan with about 24 years of ESC-experience: THIS SUCKS!

hello irish fan,
you will be surprised when ukraine blows ireland (and the ever so boring irish ballad) out of the final.
cheers!

I never asked for the return of "the ever so boring Irish ballad that won 7 times before"... but if Niamh reaches the final (and Ukraine does not)... let this conversation be the proof we NEED to return to the values of ESC that were used in the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's... those in which was stated lyricks and singing mattered... above looks and striptease.

wittgenstein

haha thats exactly what you asked for. and here we are.
i admit it, you have a point, although its conservative ... and, well..

but i still like your bitterness.

Utopian

The Irish song is nice but Ukraine's performance walks all over it and stomps it to the ground effortlessly!

Muireanne

wittgenstein said:
haha thats exactly what you asked for. and here we are.
i admit it, you have a point, although its conservative ... and, well..

but i still like your bitterness.

I'm not bitter... neither anxious about the further continuance of ESC. I just don't like Ukraine the past 3 years (Ani, Svetlana and Alyosha... you know how those names sound in Western-Europe? And when the performance follows, it's only confirmed). I think I can speak in name of a several hundred of friends... What the ESC is today is CRAP (all countries were untill 2008... you know why? Because Mr. Stockselius was contacted after Dima Bilan won the contest. A huge protest rose... and know what? He answered. Said he would take our new voting-ideas under consideration. And he partly did... with partial effect (Norway won the next year... but then again Alexander Ryback was actually a Russian immigrant), this year the juries returned in both semis and final... we'll see what's the result of that! I sincerely hope Ukraine and Armenia are left in the semi and Greece, Cyprus, Belgium and Netherlands (perhaps even Ireland with its' 17-year-old-retro) will get through. We'll see, perhaps we're in need to address Mr Stockselius once more?

wittgenstein

i respect your opinions. but they are yours...not the whole "western europe", which i am also a part of. i hope eurovision isn't about who has russian (belarussian in fact) background, and that west is superior to east or vice-versa. that would be the death of eurovision. im afraid.

i also think it was a good thing to change the voting procedure, but we must also accept that eurovision is spreading outside the traditional borders of europe.

let's hope for the best songs to win, and that is in the end, as you might now, a question of taste.
love.

Muireanne

wittgenstein said:
i respect your opinions. but they are yours...not the whole "western europe", which i am also a part of. i hope eurovision isn't about who has russian (belarussian in fact) background, and that west is superior to east or vice-versa. that would be the death of eurovision. im afraid.

i also think it was a good thing to change the voting procedure, but we must also accept that eurovision is spreading outside the traditional borders of europe.

let's hope for the best songs to win, and that is in the end, as you might now, a question of taste.
love.

Sweetheart... first of all... you're Scandinavian, not West-European (at most, Northern-European). ESC shouldn't be about who has which roots... but it does! (and the past 10 years it mattered you had East-Block-roots or not). The death of Eurovision WILL be good songs beeing neglected BECAUSE they aren't from the Eastern nations or don't have enough neighbours? What do you think will happen when the Big4 + several Western-Euro nations retreat (UK, France, Germany, Spain, Netherlands, Belgium, Ireland, Malta, Portugal and Switzerland... may I remind you Luxembourg, Austria, San Marino, Andorra and Italy are alraedy gone?)
I surely hope the West will create it's own ESC again without north, east and Balkan Europe (we've seen what they bring... and quite frankly... we don't need that sort of crap here.

LadyKiller

Banned

Muireanne said:
I surely hope the West will create it's own ESC again without north, east and Balkan Europe (we've seen what they bring... and quite frankly... we don't need that sort of crap here.

Why do you always have to be so bitter to the point of racism?

wittgenstein

baby now you're being too hard i think. i actually, and personally, think, that western europe and NORTHERN europe are and have been sending the same amount of crap.
i also think there is a problem with the voting procedure, diaspora votes etc. and i think more can be done to it, but i don't believe in separatism.

lets be friends, its just a competition.
i challenge you to come up with a clever idea to solve this, without separate europe in to two (or more) big blocks.

kisses.

Muireanne

LadyKiller said:
Muireanne said:

Not a racist at all... why? because I dare critisize the Ukrainian entry? It's just crap, doesn't have anything to do with nationality. And perhaps it's just better to devide semi-finals within Europe and sending the top-5 of those together in a final? Who knows... future in ESC... since we don't seem to get along anyway.

Muireanne

wittgenstein said:
baby now you're being too hard i think. i actually, and personally, think, that western europe and NORTHERN europe are and have been sending the same amount of crap.
i also think there is a problem with the voting procedure, diaspora votes etc. and i think more can be done to it, but i don't believe in separatism.

i challenge you to come up with a clever idea to solve this, without separate europe in to two (or more) big blocks.

kisses.

WE'VE COME UP WITH A CLEVER IDEA! Only the payment of the EBU was somewhat lower when it would come to action. Believe me, we've send every possible change to the EBU... and they answered (that's the funniest part) "they would look in to it". Now I wonder if that is their standard answer?

wittgenstein

Muireanne said:
wittgenstein said:

kisses.

WE'VE COME UP WITH A CLEVER IDEA! Only the payment of the EBU was somewhat lower when it would come to action. Believe me, we've send every possible change to the EBU... and they answered (that's the funniest part) "they would look in to it". Now I wonder if that is their standard answer?

let us all now your idea. ;) come on!

Muireanne

wittgenstein said:
Muireanne said:
wittgenstein said:

kisses.

let us all now your idea. ;) come on!

I believe some people around here proposed a setting of 4 semis (deviding North, East, South and West). A reasonable count when you come to think about it. Taken the 43 contestants of 2009, you get 4 equal groups of about 10 to 11 countries. From each group 6 countries will qualify to the final. From one group there will be 7 (the 6 that have got enough votes within their semi + the organising country).
So for example... this being effective today... the top-6 of Scandinavia will be send to the next ESC + Norway = Top-6 of Scandinavia, or Top-7 when Norway is included.)

There has been a poll about this you know!

LadyKiller

Banned

Muireanne said:
LadyKiller said:
Muireanne said:

Not a racist at all... why? because I dare critisize the Ukrainian entry? It's just crap, doesn't have anything to do with nationality. And perhaps it's just better to devide semi-finals within Europe and sending the top-5 of those together in a final? Who knows... future in ESC... since we don't seem to get along anyway.

Your exact words were:"I surely hope the West will create it's own ESC again without north, east and Balkan Europe (we've seen what they bring... and quite frankly... we don't need that sort of crap here".
This isn't exactly criticizing the ukrainian entry. It's another thing to say "Sweet People" is pure crap and another thing to say what you said above. It just shows how bitter you are and you shouldn't be. There are more important things in life than ESC, don't get so upset. It just isn't worth it.
For what is worth, I don't agree with you. I think we are getting along just fine and I'd be happy to see more countries in ESC, like Lebanon or Morocco for instance. The more, the merrier.

I'd like to dedicate a song to you that won back in 1997, especially this part:

"Let our love shine a light in every corner of our hearts". :)

Muireanne

LadyKiller said:
Your exact words were:"I surely hope the West will create it's own ESC again without north, east and Balkan Europe (we've seen what they bring... and quite frankly... we don't need that sort of crap here".
This isn't exactly criticizing the ukrainian entry. It's another thing to say "Sweet People" is pure crap and another thing to say what you said above. It just shows how bitter you are and you shouldn't be. There are more important things in life than ESC, don't get so upset. It just isn't worth it.
For what is worth, I don't agree with you. I think we are getting along just fine and I'd be happy to see more countries in ESC, like Lebanon or Morocco for instance. The more, the merrier.

Perhaps I'm just fed up with all the diaspora-voting and the block-voting, I use this - once again crap Ukrainian entry - as a general reference to what the ESC has become.
I'm surely NOT a racist... loved several non-western entries (including some Ukrainian, Moldovian and Estonian) before.
Do you mind us Old-School Eurovisionairies hate to see what's happening today?

LadyKiller

Banned

Muireanne said:
LadyKiller said:

Perhaps I'm just fed up with all the diaspora-voting and the block-voting, I use this - once again crap Ukrainian entry - as a general reference to what the ESC has become.
I'm surely NOT a racist... loved several non-western entries (including some Ukrainian, Moldovian and Estonian) before.
Do you mind us Old-School Eurovisionairies hate to see what's happening today?

It's not that I disagree with you completely. Besides, I think that since my country is participating since 1974, this makes me kinda old-school eurovisionairie too. I don't like diaspora voting either, I also don't like all these fanatics who are like "programmed" to say the same things "Our girl is the most beautiful and she'll win the contest" ecc. I'd also love to see for once our 12 points not going to Cyprus but to another country whose entry would be really worth it.

Until then and since I don't see a solution soon, I'll try to enjoy it as much as I can and I suggest you do the same thing. Who knows, if Lena wins, there might be a new day for ESC. :)

wittgenstein

i think we have to separate TASTE and TRUTH. muireanne, you're taste isn't everybodys - we are different you know.

you are right at certain points but these points also makes you paint it all black. i, for example, think that this years ukraine entry is their best ever. last year was a disaster - and a nice example on what we call crap - but that is my taste, and im sure several others, but not EVERYONES. and that is a thing we just have to accept.

about the development of eurovision – esc reflects our time and it is an commercial time, in every aspect. (and that doesn't mean i like it). eurovision is about "selling" something to an audience and it's a bit more complex than just i, we, us and them. west, east, north and south. to divide this competition into smaller parts will just make our differences in these smaller parts appear to us. for ex: finland will start to complain about sweden and norway giving points to each other and denmark will start arguing about the big finnish diaspora in sweden giving points to finland etc. we must not be afraid of our differences - we must celebrate them. yeah!

sorry for this long reply...still love you. best best.

Muireanne

LadyKiller said:

I missed this part somehow... Why do you thing so little countries wish to attend at ESC today? I'm talking about Italy, Austria, San Marino, Andorra, Luxembourg (who fail to re-unite because the entire system of EBU is a joke)... Lebanon, Morocco, Algeria (the never-presenting-but-connected-brothers that never show)?
How many chances does a country like Morocco have? (despite the 2x 12 points from Belgium and France). Why would Luxembourg or Italy return? Only to be humiliated by the results of resent day ESC?
Think about this? How can it be that neither Greece nor Yugoslavia never reached top-10 untill 1989 (unless with a Western-oriented ballad for some other country)? And today "that kind of music" makes its' way through because most other Western-European nations adopt to it being a new and true style to win a future ESC. Therefor I like the Netherland... not because it's such great number (though I like the organ)... it's pure, it's Dutch and it's etnic (not to mention: sung well).

94ayd

Let's settle it down by having both Ireland and Ukraine qualify, they deserve it, as far as I'm concerned (have to say that Ireland is better and should finish in top 5). The 4 semis is just not a practical solution, especially if there are countries missing from the given edition.

Top Bottom