Contact us

УКРАЇНА - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

how do you rate the entry?

• Total voters

yulichka

Re: ??????? - Ukraine 2010 - Alyosha - Sweet People

AlekS said:
For the 2nd year straight ESC officials prohibited Ukrainian delegation to use gimmick tricks on stage in full force.

It's safe to say that Alyosha will be alone on stage.
Supposedly a little copy of our planet had to appear out of nowhere in her hands and then she had to let it go and it would disappeared in the audience.
Well, ESC officials said that it would interfere with the camera work.

So for the 1st time for us it will be a solo performance without any gimmick tricks :D
The audience will concentrate on her song, lights, powerful performance & charisma.

Totally agree. Too bad they didn't invent something other than that =( I'm afraid that it will not be enough but still her vocals are great!
In anyway, we will be proud of her!

Muireanne

Too bad they weren't able to learn her how to sing in time... I can hardly make out any English of what she's 'mumbling' to be honest. Ukraine is starting to disappoint me (first the ***** last year, now this?)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

That is one of my main concerns as well. I believe she doesn't speak any (or barely) english so there is a total disconnection between song & singer.

AlekS

Veteran

Muireanne said:
Too bad they weren't able to learn her how to sing in time... I can hardly make out any English of what she's 'mumbling' to be honest. Ukraine is starting to disappoint me (first the ***** last year, now this?)
actually you never liked our entries ;) :lol:

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member

Actually I loved Ruslana, Tina Karol & Verka........all three of them rocked!!!

Muireanne

AlekS said:
Muireanne said:

Well AlekS... dispite you like to think so... I've always been a fan of Ukraine (just not in 2009 and 2010... first a wh**e, next up nothing better... only the first one managed to get her "bom-bom" pronounced properly). Ukraine has been a great contestant over the years... this year (for a 2nd time in a row... they're pure cr**)
I loved Ruslana, Verka and others... the past 2 years unfortunately you weren't really adding anything to the contest.

Muireanne

Matt said:
Oops, never mind. You didn't quote me :lol:

He quoted me :D but nice you do agree :lol: (why else did you react)

AlekS

Veteran

Muireanne said:
AlekS said:
Muireanne said:

Well AlekS... dispite you like to think so... I've always been a fan of Ukraine (just not in 2009 and 2010... first a wh**e, next up nothing better... only the first one managed to get her "bom-bom" pronounced properly). Ukraine has been a great contestant over the years... this year (for a 2nd time in a row... they're pure cr**)
I loved Ruslana, Verka and others... the past 2 years unfortunately you weren't really adding anything to the contest.
I don't remember you saying good things about Verka or Ani and I'm here for more than 6 years basically.
Also I'm wondering why do you generalize? ;)
You?! = Me? My country? My broadcaster? Please specify who do you hate? ;)

You can badmouth Loboda and call her a w**re, whatever. I don't think it's something bad. But thuis topic is not about our previous entries. Did you forget? Awww.

Ukraine is crap? Wow, that's a lil' bit xenophobic. Ukrainian entries are contestants - not countries. Why did you mention the whole country? ;)

Muireanne

First of all... I don't HATE. I'm just saying the last 2 years Ukraine weren't any good to my personal opinion. I said Verka was like a teletubby... that's right... but I never disliked it, even wished it had won back then!

94ayd

simmeke said:
I like the songs, not the clothes.

One eurovision site even said: Aloysha has a good chance to win the Barbara Dex-award this year

I believe her entry needs clothes that are anti-glamour and she has done it. Reckon there are other contenders for that prize, as well.

Sim

94ayd said:
simmeke said:
I like the songs, not the clothes.

One eurovision site even said: Aloysha has a good chance to win the Barbara Dex-award this year

I believe her entry needs clothes that are anti-glamour and she has done it. Reckon there are other contenders for that prize, as well.

it's not my personal opinion :lol: ;) I don't hate the clothes

AlekS

Veteran

woohoo! NTU has finally updated the site )))
They provided the video section: http://1tv.com.ua/uk/eurovision/2010/song/video

NTU will broadcast both semi-finals and the final. So unlike last year I'm gonna watch all 3 events on our 1st Channel :)

[center:2hhcpgc0]+ photos from Oslo:
160106.jpg

160094.jpg

160104.jpg
[/center:2hhcpgc0]

Etl

She has great voice and could easily make the surprise and enter the top10.

Lemelo

In my opinion this song is even worthy to win. I can't understand why it is that underrated in the odds. I think it's the best ballad this year. Drip Drop and Lako je sve don't submit any feelings to me, but Ukraine combines lyrics, music and performance perfectly. I'm sure I will vote for it.

wittgenstein

Lemelo said:
In my opinion this song is even worthy to win. I can't understand why it is that underrated in the odds. I think it's the best ballad this year. Drip Drop and Lako je sve don't submit any feelings to me, but Ukraine combines lyrics, music and performance perfectly. I'm sure I will vote for it.

totally agree. :)

evilperson

^It hugely underrated, it should definitely qualify!

DIFF

I think it is the wost ukrainian entry so far. :x
The result of GreenJolly waits for us :|

Muireanne

sharkan said:
no doubt that this is the best ukrainian song in ESC ever ;)

Yeah sure... they say that every year :lol: . Only fact is... the "best Ukrainian entry ever" dates back to 2004 (when they won, not to mention).
This year isn't any good. The girl can't sing, the song (in total) sounds like a 3rd degree lounge-bar type of thing and as far as I've seen, the choreo doesn't do much to the entire problem either.
So take it from an Irish fan with about 24 years of ESC-experience: THIS SUCKS!

Top Bottom