Contact us

Split jury-televote results revealed!

daniels1000

Georgia failed because it was crap. I can't believe what a 180 degree turn this forum made to make excuses for the juries bad taste :lol: Georgia was never really liked anywhere. Yes of course, there will always be some that like every song, but in general.

No speech of that , that I'm really pleased with Georgia's last place in televoting.

I think that juries loved Georgian entry because Anri's vocal performance was very good and strong :?

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Exactly, and this is a major dilemma and problem for ESC... do we REALLY need another Idol concept? I mean can't we just have Eurovision without those damn vocal juries? We already have Idol, X-Factor, The Voice and plenty more... it's like that infects everything nowadays.

I'm not saying vocals are unimportant, but it shouldn't be the most important aspect.

I know, I don't like it and I hate Idol, Voice programmes/concepts with a burning passion inside of me. Theres more to music than being able to belt out a ballad. I like the look of the top 26 though this year with the combined Public/Jury vote more so than either Public or Jury seperately.

A-lister

Veteran
It annoys me too , when juries look just voice . They heard Rona and just said " WOOOOOWWW ,what a voice " and what about song :?: Isn't this Eurovision Song Contest :?: Ok,I agree that they can look voice but just like one part of song( or something like that :lol: ) . Imo , I think that juries also have to look writers of the song(just a little),because it's better(imo) when singer writes song on his/her own. :D

Agree...

but as much as I prefer artistry, if someone writes a bad song on their own, it shouldn't be rewarded simply for being self-written... just like a bad song shouldn't be rewarded just because of good vocals.

A-lister

Veteran
I know, I don't like it and I hate Idol, Voice programmes/concepts with a burning passion inside of me. Theres more to music than being able to belt out a ballad.

Agree! I'm afraid though, that in Rona's case they didn't actually award the originality of the song, but only her vocal abilities :/

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
xcry

Nadine nailed it, and she wrote the song on her own....

Yeah she had a fantastic voice no doubt about it and fair play and well done to her for writing it. I just found it to be very dated in a not soo good way. If it's any consolation, I thought Trackshittaz really deserved the final this yearxcry

daniels1000

Agree...

but as much as I prefer artistry, if someone writes a bad song on their own, it shouldn't be rewarded simply for being self-written... just like a bad song shouldn't be rewarded just because of good vocals.

didn't say that but to sum up think that juries must look whole performance(vocals,performance etc.) but that song is main thing to look at:?:

A-lister

Veteran
didn't say that but to sum up think that juries must look whole performance(vocals,performance etc.) but that song is main thing to look at:?:

Agree with that, unfortunately we have proves every year now that songs aren't that much of importance for the juries and that they simply turn the blind eye to bad/uninspired songs as long as they are performed vocally strong...

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
Agree! I'm afraid though, that in Rona's case they didn't actually award the originality of the song, but only her vocal abilities :/

That would really upset me if that were to be the case. I love Rona's song soo much, not because of the screaming. The first time I heard it way back in Decemeber I was captivated by Rona singing the melancholy verse, her voice and the unusual, dark places the melody would go. And then the chorus hits you in the face and it's incredible. I hope the jury appreciated the composition, the offbeat, experimental arrangement and vocal.. Rather than just going "My god shes screaming louder than Pastora, please take our points!"

A-lister

Veteran
That would really upset me if that were to be the case. I love Rona's song soo much, not because of the screaming. The first time I heard it way back in Decemeber I was captivated by Rona singing the melancholy verse, her voice and the unusual, dark places the melody would go. And then the chorus hits you in the face and it's incredible. I hope the jury appreciated the composition, the offbeat, experimental arrangement and vocal.. Rather than just going "My god shes screaming louder than Pastora, please take our points!"

I agree, I have the same feeling about the song... I'm afraid though that it was rewarded in the more shallow "Oh god she can wail her pants off" fashion... :( Ofcourse it's just speculation, but considering how juries treated more original/left-field entries in the past, I'm afraid that's the case here :(

So it's bittersweet really.

blein

Ukraine/Moldova/Germany Over Grannies? I can understand Italy/Albania/Spain... but not this
Turkey 4th In televoting? HOW????????????????????????????????? IT WAS SO ANNOYING Song.
Well if Rules of voting would be as in 2000-2008, then Russia And Sweden would had a rough Fight.. it would be interesting(I remember Euro2003, last country decided the winner from 3 countries)
Anyways I am glad with overall results. 1.Sweden 2.Russia 3.Serbia (Perfect Year)

blein

18. Spain / 5. Spain
17. Italy / 4. Italy
Juries Saved those.. and i like that.

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Ukraine/Moldova/Germany Over Grannies? I can understand Italy/Albania/Spain... but not this
Turkey 4th In televoting? HOW????????????????????????????????? IT WAS SO ANNOYING Song.
Well if Rules of voting would be as in 2000-2008, then Russia And Sweden would had a rough Fight.. it would be interesting(I remember Euro2003, last country decided the winner from 3 countries)
Anyways I am glad with overall results. 1.Sweden 2.Russia 3.Serbia (Perfect Year)

Russia should have been last. Jury was actually very kind to that dreadful circus.

Jopi

Russia should have been last,yeah I agree.
Anyway the results are JUST HORRIBLE.
I like jury,because they saved Spain,Italy and Estonia:)
But OMG. The worst results in ESC history.

WorldSong

Russia should have been last. Jury was actually very kind to that dreadful circus.

At least they beat that Irish monstrosity... I think the Jury was overly kind to them also. :roll:

blein

Televoters are viewers of this contest, and since it was 2nd , then it means it was popular. Best In semifinal 1 , and 2nd in in final, and i sended 1 sms for them and 3 for Loreen.
And for people that dont get, it was not a joke song. Babushki were inviting you to a Party that is for everybody.

WorldSong

Like that Australian commentator said- Buranovskiye Babushki should have sent a more serious entry instead of "party for everybody". I very much agree- as much as everyone liked it for it's 'adoreableness', it didn't appeal to everyone because it was too much of a joke.

blein

Well for me its better to send this , than Russia 2011 gay style song, i gonna get you xheart

WorldSong

Well for me its better to send this , than Russia 2011 gay style song, i gonna get you xheart

The last Russian entry was cringeworthy. I reckon Nalitch and Friends was the best Russian entry of recent years- him and Anastasiya Prikhodko

blein

Alexey was my fave last year. How many milllions times he was better than Russia 2012?

wont even comment that.

Top Bottom