Contact us

Split jury-televote results revealed!

A-lister

Veteran
Well, there is already a thread dedicated to the subject of this, but it was started pre- the results were revealed, so I think there should be a separate one for the actual results. So EBU FINALLY revealed the split results between the juries and televoters:

The semi results can be seen here: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/news?id=eurovision_2012_split_jury-televote_results_revealed

clipboard01du.jpg

A-lister

Veteran
Re: Split jury-televotes results revealed!

DAMN those juries! Netherlands would have been in the final if it weren't for the juries :cry:

Again the juries taste is typical : big voice = points (regardless of how the song sounds).

This is NOT Idol/X-Factor, when will juries start to understand that it's a song contest?

And Georgia was 8 with the juries... with that so called "song"... :? Such a joke, surely no one in their right senses can take the juries seriously with such results.

Sorry, but the juries are a complete waste of time and joke imo. Experts? My a**!

However, I must say I'm happy that they rewarded the awful Turkish song with low points, but it's pretty obvious the juries are a bunch of party-killers (Romania and their great summer party song would atleast have been top. 10 if it weren't for the grandmas and Simon Cowell queens in the juries).

I'm surprised by the jury love for Ukraine this year, apparently it pays off to KILL a song live (sorry Gaitana, we know you can sing, no need to overdo it though). Wail big = get jury points.

LakZaNokte

this has to be mentioned again: France had 0 in televote.
not sure if it's funny or sad.

A-lister

Veteran

this has to be mentioned again: France had 0 in televote.
not sure if it's funny or sad.

I think she did a good performance, but the song itself is really difficult to get into imo. There's no climax, no actual melody... it's just 3 minutes of... hmm.. some singing.

Mozz

I just copy my previous comments into this thread (I hope you don't mind) :D

-Some people that were all grumpy about Cyprus' La la love's chances being destroyed by "the juries" (yes, they were blaming the juries): better prepare for a SHOCK.

-Also the suspicion that Lithuania must have been helped by the televotes in semi 2 has now been smashed: it was no. 3 with the 3 televoters and 'just' no. 10 with the juries. To me, that's another shocking result.

-But the most shocking result must be France's televote result . It's an awful thing for Anggun. I already thought the stage performance was messy and hard to understand. But this is not deserved. Quite saddening.

LakZaNokte

I think she did a good performance, but the song itself is really difficult to get into imo. There's no climax, no actual melody... it's just 3 minutes of... hmm.. some singing.
I agree but 0?
that's...I don't know what it is xrofl2

looks like televoting killed :hr:. no surprise there either xrofl2

so sorry for :es:. juries were right about that one :(

rajo

The juries vote more Easterly than expected: Ukraine, Georgia? Seriously? Killing Switzerland, Norway, Iceland instead....

At least Austria had decent scores with both, which combined to a disastrous 8 points effectively .... :shock:

Mozz

Anggun's song is certainly experimental and yes, hard to get into. It might have proven too inaccessible for most televoters, I'm afraid. Unfortunately I also suspect that her appearance (non-European) didn't invite some voters to grab their phones (this is what I suspect for a while now, non-European singers don't do very well at Eurovision, with 1 or 2 exceptions)

A-lister

Veteran

I just copy my previous comments into this thread (I hope you don't mind) :D

-Some people that were all grumpy about Cyprus' La la love's chances being destroyed by "the juries" (yes, they were blaming the juries): better prepare for a SHOCK.

I wouldn't call 12th place getting too much "jury love" though. However, in the case of Romania it's pretty obvious the juries are bitter party-killers.

And their hate for Macedonia is unbelievably, seems they only like good live singers when they wail and act all American on us with their vocal gymnastics, but when they have great live vocals but with personality... then the juries doesn't appreciate it. Once again juries prove that being outside the box is wrong. Such boring conventional people these so called "experts" are. Only Albania and Sweden to some extent were a little bit outside of the normal when it comes to the juries' top. 10.

LakZaNokte

tbh, I can't understand why juries supported :ua: so eagerly.
(no offense to Ukrainian members here, just commenting on the song :mrgreen:)

A-lister

Veteran

tbh, I can't understand why juries supported :ua: so eagerly.
(no offense to Ukrainian members here, just commenting on the song :mrgreen:)

Because she was the biggest wailer and over-singer of the evening, and since juries forgot that this is not Simon Cowell's American Idol but Eurovision, they thought they had to support the over-wailing.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay

Copy and paste work your magic!!(O)

Some quite bizarre results. Inparticular Ukraine doing terribly with the public and the jury absolutely loving it, saving it's behind. Jury also giving Georgia a nice 8th, public placing it last. I would have guessed those two would have been the other way round with the public liking them, jury destroying them. Thats really quite surprising to see.

I feel bad for Bulgaria, the jury really wrecked it's chances. The same with Netherlands which I find really quite shocking as I thought Joan's song would have been something the jury would have appreciated.

The jury did alot of damage as well to Turkey in both the semi and final. Lots of damage also done to Jedward (thank the heavens above). Thought Macedonia would have done better with jury than public.

They saved France from an embarrassing, undeserved zero points so thats more proof that the jury are there to do some good and balance things out. Not the best song ever but no way did it deserve an overall zero.

Moldova doing well with the jury is a nice surprise I shant complain about.

Italy did terrible with the public. I knew they would never win since changing "Per Sempre" which I thought did have a chance of winning. However I never thought they would do THIS bad with the public vote.

Rona coming 3rd with them is nice. To be honest, I did not expect the very nice 8th place with the public vote. I just thought the general public would not understand Rona but it seems many have taken her to their hearts.

Although I like the jury being there, could you imagine how exciting the results would have been this year if it was just public? Sweden and Russia constantly switching. Loreen fans having heart attacks haha!

Ok going to faint from typing. Ill stop now.... *breathe in breathe out*

Mozz

Excellent c+p, Rainywoods! :p

Mozz

Because she was the biggest wailer and over-singer of the evening, and since juries forgot that this is not Simon Cowell's American Idol but Eurovision, they thought they had to support the over-wailing.

I partially disagree. After seeing the rehearsal I knew that Ukrain would do well, the show they put on the stage was 150% convincing. I just didn't expect that televoters wouldn't like it as much as the juries. I expected a more even result for Ukrain.

LakZaNokte

in the case of Romania it's pretty obvious the juries are bitter party-killers.
I have to disagree here.
juries didn't kill all dance songs. obviously :mrgreen:
also, Romania was a cute, bumpy little song (and I did like it) but in reality, it's a girl from Romania singing in Spanish (I always disliked those combinations - like we sing in italian next year or something) and repeating a non-existing word. + the performace lacked something, not sure what.
xshrug

(again, not trying to offend any1 here, just commenting on the songs :mrgreen:)

Mozz

The juries are NOT party-killers, that's quite a prejudice. Otherwise they would've also killed Ukrains or Swedens song which obviously they didn't. Plenty of proof for this, throughout all these years.

dizzydjc

Wow, loving those results actually. Like somebody said, seeing France being bottom with a great big fat zero proves that the juries are needed to balance things out and keeps things interesting.

The other big shock for me is Ukraine doing terribly with the televotes, especially in SF2. I always thought they were televote kings. I don't want to start any racism issues, but is this because of the obvious? Maybe Christer Bjorkman was right after all?

A-lister

Veteran

I have to disagree here.
juries didn't kill all dance songs. obviously :mrgreen:
also, Romania was a cute, bumpy little song (and I did like it) but in reality, it's a girl from Romania singing in Spanish (I always disliked those combinations - like we sing in italian next year or something) and repeating a non-existing word. + the performace lacked something, not sure what.
xshrug

(again, not trying to offend any1 here, just commenting on the songs :mrgreen:)

Well, the juries weren't bothered with the awful combo of Italian and English in the Italian song now were they?

And although I agree the performance lacked some, it didn't lack as much to be put in the bottom? Again.. is this a SONG contest or European Idol or The Voice of Europe? The juries still treat it as the latter. They want those conventional ballads to be on top... actually nowadays the jury votes are probably more predictable than the televotes.

dezbee2008

France getting 0 from the televoting has to be the biggest joke I've seen with this.

Not surprised to see Serbia and Albania high with the juries. I agree with the televoting on Spain and Iceland. And the Jury got it wrong with Turkey.

Mozz

They want those conventional ballads to be on top... actually nowadays the jury votes are probably more predictable than the televotes.

That's another typical gross prejudice about the juries. When you look at the results of the past 10 years you can see that what you write is simply not true.

Top Bottom