Contact us

Split jury-televote results revealed!

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Televoters are viewers of this contest, and since it was 2nd , then it means it was popular. Best In semifinal 1 , and 2nd in in final, and i sended 1 sms for them and 3 for Loreen.
And for people that dont get, it was not a joke song. Babushki were inviting you to a Party that is for everybody.

I like jury,because they saved Spain,Italy and Estonia

I totally agree with you on that point ;)

SpZ

Well the Babushki were awesome so they deserved their jury place. Too bad that they were still miles worse than in 2010

Somebody

Who the jury hurt in final: :D :D :D
Final Place Country Jury Televote Difference
2 Russia 94 332 -238
7 Turkey 50 176 -126
20 Ireland 14 89 -75
12 Romania 53 117 -64
1 Sweden 296 343 -47
3 Serbia 173 211 -38
4 Azerbaijan 118 151 -33
17 Greece 60 89 -29
8 Germany 98 125 -27
25 United Kingdom 11 36 -25
13 FYR Macedonia 69 79 -10
26 Norway 24 16 8
24 Hungary 30 20 10
14 Lithuania 82 68 14
18 Bosnia & Herz 71 57 14
19 Iceland 53 39 14
15 Cyprus 85 63 22
11 Moldova 104 75 29
22 Denmark 51 18 43
5 Albania 157 106 51
21 Malta 70 10 60
6 Estonia 152 78 74
23 France 85 0 85
16 Ukraine 125 37 88
9 Italy 157 56 101
10 Spain 154 45 109

MyHeartIsYours

Very interesting how Loreen only won by 11 points on the televote, I thought it'd be the other way around!

daniels1000

Maybe one reason why Romania did so bad with juries ( it's not just because of this :lol: )

Video of Mandinga performance on Jury Final.

Mistake on 2:04 and pretty worse singing than on Final

Synergise

UK vote in Semi Final 2. Numbers in brackets denote confirmed jury vote, followed by potential televote.

12 - Malta (12+6)
10 - Lithuania (2+12)
8 - Sweden (7+7)
7 - Estonia (10+4)
6 - Turkey (0+10)
5 - Bulgaria (0+8)
4 - Netherlands (3+5)
3 - Serbia (5+3)
2 - Ukraine (8+0)
1 - Bosnia (6+0)

Uk vote in Final.
12 - Sweden (6+7)
10 - Ireland (0+12)
8 - Spain (12+0)
7 - Lithuania (0+10)
6 - Germany (5+5)
5 - Malta (8+2)
4 - Estonia (10+0)
3 - Russia (0+8)
2 - Azerbaijan (7+0)
1 - Turkey (0+6)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/eurovision/2012/06/how-the-uk-jury-voted-in-eurov.shtml

Steffan

My Impressions:

Semi1:
Greece 3rd with jury WTF?
Iceland 11th with jury WTF?
Latvia got less points from jury than Montenegro or Austria WTF?
Albania 2nd with televotes WTF?

Semi2:
Ukraine 3rd with jury WTF?
Malta 5th with jury WTF?
Georgia 8th with jury WTF?
Portugal 12th with jury WTF?
Lithuania 3rd with televotes WTF?

Final:
Ukraine 7th with jury WTF?
Greece fell 15 places with jury since semi WTF (also Romania, Cyprus, Denmark)?
UK last with jury WTF?
Italy 17th with televotes, Spain 18th WTF?
Norway fell 18 places with televotes since semi WTF?
France 0 points with televotes WTF?

Ok, I'm done...

Terence

Agree with you on Greece Steffan... it's not as if there was a huge margin in vocals between the semi and the final

EurovisionSmile

Veteran
Semi1:
Greece 3rd with jury WTF? agree,
Iceland 11th with jury WTF? agree, were they drunk?
Latvia got less points from jury than Montenegro or Austria WTF? agree
Albania 2nd with televotes WTF?
don't agree, I love it and can understand that others were impressed with the general presentation of the song.

Semi2:
Ukraine 3rd with jury WTF? totally agree, what did they see in this song?
Malta 5th with jury WTF? agree, was it the feet choreography?
Georgia 8th with jury WTF? agree, deserved much worse
Portugal 12th with jury WTF? agree, deserved better
Lithuania 3rd with televotes WTF?
agree, feels like asking: why?

Final:
Ukraine 7th with jury WTF? agree, terrible piece of ********
Greece fell 15 places with jury since semi WTF (also Romania, Cyprus, Denmark)? don't agree, there were 26 songs, 13 'new' songs.
UK last with jury WTF? don't agree, even the jury knew this was poor.
Italy 17th with televotes, Spain 18th WTF? agree, sometimes televoters have no taste at all
Norway fell 18 places with televotes since semi WTF? Don't agree, same reason as 'Greece' topic.
France 0 points with televotes WTF?
agree, I didn't like the song, but it wasn't by any means the worst

So, I must say I agree with most of the points you've mentioned :mrgreen:

JackBauer

Well there is three big lessons from the last five contest!

Being an establish and experienced singer means nothing!

If you are playing in the Kaas & Soher's league, eurovision is not for you! They want modern ballad with young people, they don't care about good lyrics & Melody.

A promo tour is just stupid, only a good song counts, not matter who in their 20's sings it!

aletem

Vocal and overall performance also counts, and that is why France ended last with zero with the televoting.

JackBauer

Vocal only need to be decent, the song matters most!

I have to make a precision, i had France in mind when i talked about promo tour but Spain when i talked about etablished and experienced singers with good but a little outdated song

France had a bad performance of an okay song so you can't draw conclusions with it's last place except a okayish song with a bad performance from the big 5 is going to do very badly, but we knew that already.

Whereas Spain had a great song, a great performance but an over 35 singer and a litle outdated song for the contest and like Kaas she scored very badly with the televoters compared to the quality of her performance.

I guess you could add Austria 2011 & Slovenia 2011 & even Tom Dice to the category of (i don't like the word classy because it's like saying Azerbaijan 11 or Iceland 09 weren't that and this is wrong it was just more modern imo) a litte too old fashioned song who failed to please the young audience of the televoters.

I really do believe older people don't watch eurovision now, no orchestra, very modern songs and too much body parts shown for them to like this like they did in the 60-90 era

IgnacioSaade

Albania -.-

Spain, so bad in televote :( I saw the UK jury votes and I thought

12 Ireland
10 Lithuania
8 Russia
7 Sweden
6 Turkey
5 Germany
4 Greece???
3 Cyprus???
2 Malta
1 Anybody but Azerbaijan, Estonia or Spain

FallenAngelII

Re: Split jury-televotes results revealed!

And their hate for Macedonia is unbelievably, seems they only like good live singers when they wail and act all American on us with their vocal gymnastics, but when they have great live vocals but with personality... then the juries doesn't appreciate it.
What the heck are you talking about? In semi-final 2, the juries gave Macedonia 58 points... a mere 5 points less than the televote. In the final, the jury gave Macedonia 10 points less than the televoters (69 vs. 79), while this resulted in a jury placing 6 spots below the televote placing, keep in mind that the juries' 16th and 15th got 70 and 71, so the gap was miniscule. The gap to the juries' 11th (the placing the televoters gave Macedonia) was 25 points, not that huge a margin.

The thing is that the juries spread their points out more evenly.

I feel bad for Bulgaria, the jury really wrecked it's chances. The same with Netherlands which I find really quite shocking as I thought Joan's song would have been something the jury would have appreciated.

The jury did alot of damage as well to Turkey in both the semi and final. Lots of damage also done to Jedward (thank the heavens above). Thought Macedonia would have done better with jury than public.

The juries are not impressed by gimmicks. Svetlana Loboda's Hell Machine in 2009, Eric Saade's glass cage in 2011 and this year, the Netherlands' Pocahontqas headdress (bizarelly paired with a ball gown), Turkey's boat, Russia's oven and Ireland's fountain.

I wouldn't call 12th place getting too much "jury love" though. However, in the case of Romania it's pretty obvious the juries are bitter party-killers.
Funny then how Sweden won the jury vote with a larger margin than with the televote and how Ukraine did much better with the juries than the televote. They simply did not like "Zalilaleh". Saying them not liking it equals them hating "party songs" is like saying the juries disliking the Hump's snoozefest must mean the juries hate ballads.

Romania's performance was messy. No synch, no overall choreography, just a bunch of people faking playing instruments and dancing around on the stage.

The other big shock for me is Ukraine doing terribly with the televotes, especially in SF2. I always thought they were televote kings. I don't want to start any racism issues, but is this because of the obvious? Maybe Christer Bjorkman was right after all?
France sent a black guy in 2010. The televoters voted him for 8th place.

Well, the juries weren't bothered with the awful combo of Italian and English in the Italian song now were they?
There were, like, 3 lines of Italian in "L'amore é femina".

he juries still treat it as the latter. They want those conventional ballads to be on top... actually nowadays the jury votes are probably more predictable than the televotes.
What do you classify Denmark's and the United Kingdom's entries as? Disco pop?

Jedward were like what 5th, 6th maybe last year with them. This year 25th!!!!!!!!!! I'm sorry but that is a massive change of heart. A good change of heart dare I add:rolleyes:
They vote for songs and performances, not artists. Which is great. It's strange how Jedward did much better this year with the televote than they did last year when their song last year was much stronger. Just goes to show how the televoters should never again get 100% of the power.

Surprised the public showed more love to the UK than the juries actually...
It's probably a case of "Vote for the artist". People who are fans of the Hump voted for him blindly because it was him.

Then I got bored of sifting through all of the posts. I'll only reply to new posts from now on.

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The UK Jury votes have got to be the worst out of all the countries ive seen soo far.. I was having a hard time keeping my afternoon lunch inside of me as I read themxpuke

Top Bottom