Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

Jonkonfui

[/QUOTE]
In

I keep seeing this claim that it was second in the Spotify viral chart from spainish fans but it wasn’t when I and many others looked? The only 2022 ESC song I’ve seen on there at all was Hold Me Closer
Toooooomaaa... See above. Number 2, number 2... SloMo mo mo mo viral in spotify fy fy fy.

A-lister

Veteran
My review:

It's actually a pretty decent attempt from UK this year, but I also thought so last year and somehow it flopped big time. It's not groundbreaking but sounds like a pretty current British radio pop-rock midtempo ballad and I feel like it's at least an honest attempt to have a representation of the music scene in the UK (but then again so was 2021...), I can see the juries backing it more than the viewers though.

ChiversLookDivine

Sam is at Pineapple Dance Studios today. Hopefully this rehearsal means other people performing around him, rather than Sam being forced to do that waddle/jaunt around the stage like James was forced to do last year.

Sam needs to perform the song and focus on hitting it, not be stuck with loads of extra fluff like James or Lesley Roy last year.

ygdL7GC.jpg

voteme

Sam is at Pineapple Dance Studios today. Hopefully this rehearsal means other people performing around him, rather than Sam being forced to do that waddle/jaunt around the stage like James was forced to do last year.

Sam needs to perform the song and focus on hitting it, not be stuck with loads of extra fluff like James or Lesley Roy last year.

ygdL7GC.jpg

Agree 100%, I'm not sure what dancers I'd have on stage tbh... I just hope the UK smash the staging out the park, how we can go from 2017 (perfection) to 2021 (travesty) is beyond me!

ChiversLookDivine

A few pages back I praised Scott Mills (usually one of my least favourite Eurovision 'fans') for genuinely seeming to get behind our entry, playing it on Radio 1, saying the right things, even calling out Philip Schofield after that tragic interview with This Morning. Fast forward to today and I see a few complaints on Twitter of Scott being an idiot and making fun of the song.

Listened back to today's show on Radio 1, and apart from a skit where they spoke to Finnish radio and mocked the song to a whole country who could potentially vote for it, we got the following choice quotes from Scott before playing the song:

-"I don't know why we do Eurovision, we're never going to win"
-"we just need to not come last"
-Chris Stark: "I love this song so much... my favourite song"
-"here he is Sam Ryder, here is his song it's called SHUT UP AND KISS ME"

What happened to your "let's get behind our act" speech from the other week? I know Radio 1 is predominantly going to be non-Eurovision fans, but stop playing up to the casuals and feeding their misconceptions and biases - and damn it try and be a bit positive about the song before you play it!

What's even the point of playing our song to casual listeners but framing it like that??? Giving it the wrong title, mocking the contest, mocking Sam, mocking the song.

I never want Scott Mills to be associated with our entry again. Go away. He is the last remnants of Terry Wogan.

Last edited:

ArmpitOfEurope

Between this comment, your homophobic/racist comments in Italy's thread, and the way you derail every other thread you walk into, I wish you would just stay quiet unless you actually had something useful to say.

Not every thread, I think hes doing it only to the songs that are being considered bigger favourites than Chanel at this moment.
In a day he wrote this on here, a similar comment on Italy, called Greece a toilet break song and writes negative comments on Sweden every day, even if he admits he has never listened to Hold me closer, only a snippet of it on a youtube top.
Do I smell a bit of fear for Chanel, @Jonkonfui? :p I barely miss out on things like that!
Of course you can dislike any song you want and express your opinion ( thats why we are on a forum ) but Im seeing a pattern here, you come back with very negative comments to these entries again and again.

voteme

A few pages back I praised Scott Mills (usually one of my least favourite Eurovision 'fans') for genuinely seeming to get behind our entry, playing it on Radio 1, saying the right things, even calling out Philip Schofield after that tragic interview with This Morning. Fast forward to today and I see a few complaints on Twitter of Scott being an idiot and making fun of the song.

Listened back to today's show on Radio 1, and apart from a skit where they spoke to Finnish radio and mocked the song to a whole country who could potentially vote for it, we got the following choice quotes from Scott before playing the song:

What happened to your "let's get behind our act" speech from the other week? I know Radio 1 is predominantly going to be non-Eurovision fans, but stop playing up to the casuals and feeding their misconceptions and biases - and damn it try and be a bit positive about the song before you play it!

What's even the point of playing our song to casual listeners but framing it like that??? Giving it the wrong title, mocking the contest, mocking Sam, mocking the song.

I never want Scott Mills to be associated with our entry again. Go away. He is the last remnants of Terry Wogan.

That's such a shame, he seem to be really into it... He always seems someone who will go where the wind blows him.

Rocket man

I thought Scott Mills commentary in the semi finals last year was absolutely awful. I still remember when he confused the song "El Diablo" by randomly translating the song title to "a church" instead of "the devil". He'd seen the performance but still couldn't get the devil references in the performance. Sara Cox sounded genuinely embarrassed on his behalf. And also why are they both still there, can't the BBC find anyone new and decent?

The BBC just don't care about Eurovision, if they say they do they are lying. The more TaP music are involved in UK Eurovision, the better the UK's chances in this competition. TaP music actually show some respect to Eurovision whereas the BBC are just a mess and a constant embarrassment to the UK.

MopManMoss

Veteran
Sara Cox sounded genuinely embarrassed on his behalf. And also why are they both still there, can't the BBC find anyone new and decent?
Sara Cox was only there last year as a last minute emergency replacement for Rylan when he was suddenly ill, I just wish Norton did both the semis and the final as I dont really like Scott Mills or Rylan

Cestrian18

Rylan at least does his research and seems interested in the contest. Scott never seems bothered, is super lazy with his commentary and just generally acts as if he's above the whole thing. I really dislike that he's still involved but at least it's an in to Radio 1.

What on earth were they thinking with that skit?!

Chrisiam

Mills is still doing Eurovision because he is the only other presenter that the BBC has on books that has shown an interest in the contest outside of a passing mention along the lines of "Oh maybe I'll watch it this year". Hell, I remember when he first started showing an interest in it! And at the time it felt like a refreshing change. As the presenters they had for the Semis up until that point were so... so... soooooo boring. And he did a decent job at first, only as time went by he, well, got to where he is now.

Now it feels like the only reason why is still doing it is because he is on Radio 1 and the BBC feel they need someone from there to try and capture that audience. Even though at this point I don't think it would make a blind bit of difference.

To his credit Rylan at least sounds like he cares a bit more about the contest, I mean, hell, when he has been a judge on the NF shows he at least gives constructive criticism rather than just luvy "Oh you are wonderful" stuff. And even when he makes a joke about an act it feels more like playful ribbing more so than with Mills where it feels like he is just trying to be a cattier version of Wogan.

Top Bottom