Oh, I'm in the wrong place, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man
Nothing but, nothing but, nothing but space, man

I've searched around the universe
Been down some black holes
Nothing but space, man
And I want to go home​

jeriswani

Uk has chosen a correct and safe song: a solo singer without dancers quite basic as regards lyrics and I suppose the staging will be on the 'simple' side (same as previous years) But again I dont criticize the song which I think is ok.

Have you seen the top 6 in the bookies? Can you tell me which one of them will need dancers apart from Ukraine, Which has “masterful” lyrics or is this just a standard you have set for the UK?

Jonkonfui

Have you seen the top 6 in the bookies? Can you tell me which one of them will need dancers apart from Ukraine, Which has “masterful” lyrics or is this just a standard you have set for the UK?
Why did i write 'quite basic as regards lyrics' if i dont have any idea what are the lyrics?? I am a mystery to myself.
Ok i love this song... I just wrote whatever because I was bored.

ArmpitOfEurope

SloMo has masterful lyrics.
'' I make all the daddies go crazy
with my boom boom, for my yummy ''
should be taught in art schools

200w.gif

ChiversLookDivine

Remember those 2 days when we thought Claudia Valentina was our entrant with a song she kept intentionally leaking? Extra Agenda finally released, I'm listening to it and just imagining a parallel universe where this is our entry and we're being massively overrated by ranking YouTubers and the users on the Scoreboard app.

jeriswani

Remember those 2 days when we thought Claudia Valentina was our entrant with a song she kept intentionally leaking? Extra Agenda finally released, I'm listening to it and just imagining a parallel universe where this is our entry and we're being massively overrated by ranking YouTubers and the users on the Scoreboard app.

Eurovision Twitter/Scoreboard app would’ve been drooling over this. It’s good however don’t know how it would do on stage. if it got loads of promotion It would’ve done well anyway it’s one of those types of songs.

Rocket man

Hi, does anyone here know if TaP music will be involved with Sam's staging or is it going to be the BBC? I pray the BBC will have nothing to do with the staging.

Rocket man

That Claudia Valentina song is a banger. Better than almost all of our Eurovision entries in recent years, but SPACE MAN is a stronger song, and there's more potential to showcase onto the Eurovision stage.

ChiversLookDivine

Hi, does anyone here know if TaP music will be involved with Sam's staging or is it going to be the BBC? I pray the BBC will have nothing to do with the staging.

It's Marvin Dietmann and Dan Shipton in charge of our staging. Dan is essentially TaP as he's worked with people like Dua in the past, previously he was the stage director for Lucie Jones and SuRie, but last year he worked with Marvin on Bulgaria's entry and a few other countries.

Marvin Dietmann is well known as a Eurovision stage director. The gap in quality can be quite wide, last year he directed a bunch of countries including Bulgaria (good) and Spain (bad). He's best known for staging Austria 2014.

Anything's a step up from whoever we had last year in charge of Embers, Dietmann is in charge of multiple countries again this year so we've just got to hope that the UK is one of the two or three countries he chooses to focus on. Dan is good at staging though.

Last edited:

Rocket man

It's Marvin Dietmann and Dan Shipton in charge of our staging. Dan is essentially TaP as he's worked with people like Dua in the past, previously he was the stage director for Lucie Jones and SuRie, but last year he worked with Marvin on Bulgaria's entry and a few other countries.

Marvin Dietmann is well known as a Eurovision stage director. The gap in quality can be quite wide, last year he directed a bunch of countries including Bulgaria (good) and Spain (bad). He's best known for staging Austria 2014.

Anything's a step up from whoever we had last year in charge of Embers, Dietmann is in charge of multiple countries again this year so we've just got to hope that the UK is one of the two or three countries he chooses to focus on. Dan is good at staging though.
Very interesting. Thank you for replying in detail. I remember Bulgaria's staging last year and I thought it was gorgeous. And I remember Lucie Jones's staging thinking that was the best entry the UK had sent in years, just the song wasn't mainstream at all.

ArmpitOfEurope

I dont like Marvin's work, I think its very basic. He gave the poor spanish guy a huge plastic moon balloon last year and Victoria's rock was graceless ( the sand trick was nice tho ). Austria and Czechia last year?? Also pretty basic. His only good work was Cyprus.
But I agree, everything will be a step up from the staging of Embers. Hopefully he'll give Sam something more than a huge planet balloon behind him ( he loves that, also did it with Austria 2017 hah )

midnightsun

Veteran
The UK entry is frequently judged against the best and brightest from our colossal music industry, and that's such an incredibly unfair comparison. People from other countries argue that the UK should send their most popular singers because other countries do the same.

This. I wanted to write the same for so long.

You can’t expect the UK, who IS basically the world‘s music scene (at least on the commercial level), to send one of their worldwide most successful artists. That would be wrong on so many levels.

I think the BBC could show a bit more enthusiasm to what the contest is concerned but I think this year it’s a step in the right direction.

I‘d say many countries (exceptions are especially the Nordic countries) are indifferent when it comes to Eurovision. Many countries could do better yet we often get the same type of songs from countries like e.g. the Baltic or Balkan states.

ayzelto

I think the BBC has a hard job to do with the staging, as the song has really potential to end up in the top 5 and, who knows, even win. I think in such as unpredictable year as 2022 with a weaker level in general, this song will really stand out. But as I said, it will only stand out if they don't kill their chances with a deficent staging. However, I have the feeling that Sam Ryder will bring the UK its best result since 2009.

ayzelto

Wiwibloggs often makes me laugh the other day they tried to claim that Chanel's SloMo has been a "global hit"
Well, SloMo was number 2 in the Viral 50 - Global on Spotify and her live performance is the most viewed this year on the official Eurovision youtube channel (almost 3,6 million views) (without counting the additional 7 million from RTVE source). Maybe we shouldn't call that a "global hit" as we have to see what happens after ESC but, for now, we should call that ,at least, an achievement.

MopManMoss

Veteran
In
Well, SloMo was number 2 in the Viral 50 - Global on Spotify and her live performance is the most viewed this year on the official Eurovision youtube channel (almost 3,6 million views) (without counting the additional 7 million from RTVE source). Maybe we shouldn't call that a "global hit" as we have to see what happens after ESC but, for now, we should call that ,at least, an achievement.
I keep seeing this claim that it was second in the Spotify viral chart from spainish fans but it wasn’t when I and many others looked? The only 2022 ESC song I’ve seen on there at all was Hold Me Closer

ayzelto

In

I keep seeing this claim that it was second in the Spotify viral chart from spainish fans but it wasn’t when I and many others looked? The only 2022 ESC song I’ve seen on there at all was Hold Me Closer

Thank God I like taking proof of all these things. It was in the Global. In the Spanish one she was first. However, you can check it yourself if you go back to the 2nd February on the Viral Global Charts.

Top Bottom