Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

TheJeb

UK outside Eurovision: amazing singers destined to domestic and international success, like Anne-Marie, Raye, Rita Ora or Freya Ridings.

UK in Eurovision: ...Joe and Jake, Michael Rice and James Newman.

The question is not even "who?", it's "why?". But we know the answer already.
James Newman has had 2 Grammy nominations. Don’t think it’s right to put him in the same category as joe and jake and Micheal rice. Eurovision isn’t seen as a route to international success in the UK and rarely has been. Maybe they just don’t feel it’s important to win the contest which is purely up to them. Most people who watch it in the UK don’t watch it because they want to win. The culture of the show is just different there.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Easily the best UK song since... I don't even know?
And they seem to be promoting it a lot, I keep getting ads for it on Facebook :D

autRS4X.png

I've seen screenshots from other countries also. Although on the Serbian version it said 2020 not 2021. :lol:

moop

If UK is even considering sending KSI I would love him in some kinda duet or be a trio
I am not big fan of KSI song but this could do well
problem is jj cant sing for shit. if he raps maybe, but if theres singing to be done then id rather have deji

moop

same old shite every year. seriously england, at this point you might as well call irland and ask if you can borrow dustin the turkey.

illustrado

same old shite every year. seriously england, at this point you might as well call irland and ask if you can borrow dustin the turkey.
that's a bold statement. considering your country took the uk's song last year.

moop

The Scot in me seeing England and not being sure whether it should trigger me and should just go full on braveheart...

tenor.gif
just be happy i dont associate the scottish people with this level of terribleness.

A-lister

Veteran
A-lister's review:

UK sending a good entry for a change? Yes indeed! I can to some extent understand why some say it's well made with the right direction yet somehow falling in its aim and feels a bit flat, and yes it does sound a bit like it's lacking something and could have some extra oomph to it, but I would still like to defend the track and say that this is a proper contemporary British club-pop song and while we've heard stuff like this on the radio and in the clubs for years now, it is still one of the more contemporary sounding entries we get in Eurovision (which I guess says more about the contest than the entry but still) and I still think it's well produced and catchy enough and most importantly it feels authentic while many Pop tracks in Eurovision sounds specially made for the contest, this one sounds like something we actually could hear on the radio. A proper step up from last year. UK makes my top. 15 this year!

crashworld

Veteran
James actually has 15 songs in the running to become his ESC entry and he selected "Embers" because it is the song he connects the most and with which he feels the best on stage.

Source:

Interesting, that's quite many to be honest. I wonder if any of them will be recorded in the future.

Chrisiam

Honestly it wouldn't surprise me if the end up in a future album of his before too long, possibly this time next year for full "Remember me?" Cred.

Funix

I quiet like this entry. There are some british pop-DNA baked into this, and James Newman seems to have a really nice voice. :7: points

RevNet

THE GOOD:
  • I like the song's general vibes.
  • It's kinda memorable.
THE BAD:
  • It's only a good song, it's not a great song.
THE VERDICT:

Out of the six auto-qualified songs, this ranks 3rd for me. It's better than Germany's song, for sure, but it's not as good as Italy's or France's entries. This might do better than some folks think, and yet again, it might not. It won't win, but it'll do well enough, and the Brits can build on that to perhaps try again next year. 8 points

midnightsun

Veteran
I really like him and his voice but I really can’t connect to the song. It has been very very low in my top 39 from the beginning on and I can’t even say why, because objectively there are a lot worse songs than this. It’s probably the same problem that I have with Ireland. Both songs are so first half 2010's decade, I‘ve heard them over and over on the radio and I can’t anymore.

mauve

Veteran
I really like him and his voice but I really can’t connect to the song. It has been very very low in my top 39 from the beginning on and I can’t even say why, because objectively there are a lot worse songs than this. It’s probably the same problem that I have with Ireland. Both songs are so first half 2010's decade, I‘ve heard them over and over on the radio and I can’t anymore.
Same with me actually. The song is not bad, but it doesn't tempt me to listen to it again. In German we would say "Salz in der Suppe fehlt" - something like "there is no salt in the soup". The same by the way, as you say, with Ireland. Good song, but I hardly listen to it.

Chrisiam

Oh I can totally see that. Whilst I do enjoy this one quite a lot (I'd even say its one of my favourites out of all the ones I have seen whilst I have been watching the contest) I can't deny that it is incredibly conventional. Its not really are brave or bold as it really could be. And whilst I don't feel that it will fade into the background quite as much as 'Last Breath' or 'Bigger Than Us' did I am curious as to what they can do to make it stand out more.

The staging is going to be important for a start (though granted that can only take you so far), and I am curious if there will be any alterations to the track ahead of the contest. I can't see it being too extensive if there are any. If there is it will be just like with 'Bigger Than Us' where they added that weird seagull sounding thing that was popular in songs like a year or two earlier to trick the audiance into thinking it was vaguely current. But we'll see.

In unrelated News I got invited to my first ever Eurovision Party today, well, party COVID pending of course.

crashworld

Veteran

Shadowfuxcs

The UK's entry this year is a typical UK entry except better produced and more current than their usual stuff. It will definitely not be the worst song to participate in the final. That said, it might as well finish last in the final. I don't see who is going to pick this as their favorite among a field of 26.
The UK is constantly playing not to loose instead of trying to win, sending inoffensive generic entries that appeal to nobody aiming to avoid last place. They need to understand that in order to succeed you need to take the risk of not being liked by some people. A song that is not getting hate because nobody cares enough to discuss about it is not a good fit for this competition.
I am already seeing the meltdowns after the results in May and I am not looking forward to it.

illustrado

The UK's entry this year is a typical UK entry except better produced and more current than their usual stuff. It will definitely not be the worst song to participate in the final. That said, it might as well finish last in the final. I don't see who is going to pick this as their favorite among a field of 26.
The UK is constantly playing not to loose instead of trying to win, sending inoffensive generic entries that appeal to nobody aiming to avoid last place. They need to understand that in order to succeed you need to take the risk of not being liked by some people. A song that is not getting hate because nobody cares enough to discuss about it is not a good fit for this competition.
I am already seeing the meltdowns after the results in May and I am not looking forward to it.
they did take a risk. see electro velvet. but i do think yes it's safe but it's not going to be bottom. middle table is a great result. and the mentality of 'second place is first last place' is not helpful. the UK is in rehab it need to play it safe but competent.

Top Bottom