Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Thanks. I must've missed it :(

oh, I changed the channel lmao. I don't watch that. They said at the start they were gonna show the MV and speak with James.

Teaisloveable

I'm really enjoying this!

With each listen I find myself wanting to hear it again, a feeling I've not had with a UK entry for quite some time.

It's not a winner, but its a song that will be enjoyed on the night.

So glad James came back with something like this, I think its a step in the right direction for the BBC, hopefully they will improve from here on.

hijirio

Veteran
It's the most jury-friendly bop of the year, but UK really needs a miraculously good staging to sell this entry.
It is so prone to go wrong. So good luck, and don't f it up.

Best of the big 5 this year by far, :7: from me.

tararaaam

Okay, someone needs to stop me from listening to it on repeat, so I won't get sick of it until May.

P.S. @wtf He gives me Tamta 2019 vibes "I-will-dance-with-my-hands-cause-I-cant-move"

Iker

Veteran
I don't know what it is about the UK that just makes them miss the target no matter what they try. Wether it's a emotional ballad, a anthemic, dramatic song, something that's supposed to be humorous, if they're trying to be hip and stylish or in this case, just a upbeat party song, they just completely miss it every time in a way no other country except Ireland manages to. This just utterly fails to engage at any level. It feels irrelevant, dated and out of touch with Eurovision. Next please!

I think it is because the people writing these songs are not talented, and it is always uninspired.

ESC94

After the first really positive reactions I was kinda hopeful for this entry. Sadly, after the first listening I have to admit I´m once again pretty underwhelmed. :(

Generally I like the song more than the boring filltrack last year, especially the verses sound good. But then the chorus comes and is a huge disappointment, it sounds rather flat and repetitive for me. Afterwards nothing interesting happens anymore and then the song is already over. It sounds like a song from an album by Clean Bandit or Calvin Harris from 2015, so musically a bit outdated to be honest. xbored

Generally the whole package isn´t that authentic to me, even though I didn´t like "My Last Breath" last year he seemed to feel much more comfortable with this type of song than with "Embers". In general I get the impression that he just wants to finish the video very quickly.

When it comes to placements I don´t see it as part of the bottom 5 at the moment, but for me it´s rather unlikely that it´ll finish higher than 18th or 19th in the final. This is a type of song I can see many people don´t mind listening to , but simply don´t care enough to pick up their phone and vote for it. xcoffee

So despite being better than last year, I can still give :uk: only :4:, the dry spell won´t end this year I´m afraid. :(

Last edited:

ayzelto

For me it feels like once again the UK is giving just 20% of what they could give. A bit underwhelming to be honest. This will struggle to be outside the bottom 5 with all the great entries we are getting this year.

Loindici

Veteran

cripesdude

Anecdotal but interesting...

My big Eurovision fan friends are mixed on this entry.

My non-Eurovision fan friends (but that watch the final... and vote) seem to love it and think it’s the best UK entry for years...

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Finally something that could find its place in the Top 40 Singles Chart and not in a ditch somewhere in Denmark. It is current, very representative of the British music industry at the moment and pretty upbeat. Having said that, there have been so many songs like this one finding their way in the charts in the past years that I've become really tired of this kind of style. Hope the trend continues next year and instead we get something like Lewis Capaldi or Tom Grennan.

:8:

wtf

Finally figured out what the chorus reminds me of: Green Light by Lorde!

theditz83

Veteran
So yesterday, I popped my ESC Spotify playlist on in the car, and after a couple of tracks it shuffled to :uk: - and MY LORD ABOVE, let me tell you - this track needs to be heard on a good sound system cos my Bose surround sound was making the brass pop, but most importantly it was giving me phat phat bass and kicks! That was a slight reservation I had that the bass could've gone harder, but with the right stereo equipment it hits HARD!!

Hoping the AHOY Arena have the sound bang on for this because everyone deserves to hear this with the same impact. Wonder how long the public will sleep on this before actually realising that this one is challenging Top 15 to the edge of the Top 10 with cracking staging...

MAD20

Upgrading this from :7: to :10:. If he delivers live he can make for sure the UK come back into top 15, it's a bop!!

ESCConor

Upgrading this from :7: to :10:. If he delivers live he can make for sure the UK come back into top 15, it's a bop!!

A lot of the radio stations in the UK have been playing Embers and its being promoted a lot as well.

Also got into the top 3 on the UK ITunes Chart within 6 hours of its release.

The staging team that BMG and the BBC have gone for are interesting, and if last years staging was anything to go by, then maybe we could get a chance of getting to the left hand side.

If the UK can get to the left hand side this year, that would be a massive result for us.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
They're promoting the song as well through ads on Social media. :lol: Ive seen screenshots people have had of it.

Top Bottom