Sometimes I know my fire burns low
But as long as you're with me I'll never get cold
'Til day and night, 'til darkness and light
I never worry when you're by my side

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down herе in the ashes, yeah, thеre's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room
Light up the room

You and me forever, we're free
We're cool under pressure, and that's all we need
So take my hand, and forget the past
We're in this together, there's no looking back

Oh, feelings change and seasons fade
But nothing will burn us out
Nothing can stop us now

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
There's a fire burning for you (Yeah, there's a fire burning for you)
I feel the heat here
There's still a chance for us
Down here in the ashes, yeah, there's something growing
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light)

Light up the room

Out of the embers
Out of the embers
You and I are gonna light up the room (Yeah, you and I gonna light up the room)​

Last edited by a moderator:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
BBCEurovision instagram will do a Q&A live with Lucie Jones in 20 minutes, and then half an hour later James Newman & Lesley Roy will do a Q&A on his insta.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
For those that hadn't seen, this was James' first (live) performance of the song.

ugh missed it, I only got to see a couple of videos and the rest seem to be blocked.

crashworld

Veteran
ugh missed it, I only got to see a couple of videos and the rest seem to be blocked.

You can watch it at eurovoix.tv. The full concert is there.
If not, you can wait till eurovoix upload the clip on their youtube channel, they have done a few there.

Chrisiam

So having listened to the Eurovoix performance, well, for good or for ill I really don't think that is a fair representation of what his performance at the contest will sound like. It looks like his performance was recorded the same night they recorded the music video. And this could either have been just before they started recording the music video properly or after it. So that means that this was either recorded at like 5pm in the evening or possibly at something daft like 1am or 2am.

The audio mixing on it is bad; you can't really hear his vocals, which is either a sign that they just threw this together for this or his vocals weren't really up to snuff and they are trying to cover it up. And having listened to the performance I feel it was the latter.

Now I'm not saying that I am worried about his final performance at the contest as A) This was likely recorded months ago and there is plenty of time to improve his performance between then and now, B) He was likely knackered from doing all the recording for the music video/getting ready for it, and C) he does get better the longer the song goes along so in the recording he either got his second wind or finally warmed up his voice.

But still, between the recording of this performance and when he goes to the contest I do hope that there is an improvement. Or at the very least this was just a bad performance and he'll bring it at the contest.

Still, we have a month before the contest, plenty of times to get the excuses read and/or panic.

Chrisiam

Well that settles it, the Eurovoix performance was just a naff run/early run of it. My panic levels are reduced for now, normal service of vastly over estimating where the song will finish up can now resume.

Synergise

I definitely don't have any issue with the vocal, and I kinda love the dad-dancing, although I'm not sure how it's gonna look at Eurovision :ROFLMAO:

Overall there's enough here to hold out hope that it's not another last-place finish, but he's going to need support with some decent staging.

crashworld

Veteran
My concern with James has never been with his 'live' vocals. I am more worried of his stage presence. He needs to bring the energy up for the track. Sometimes, I feel that it's in his nature of being reserved/laid back, which is not what this song needed. He needs to let loose and bring on the good party vibes.

crashworld

Veteran
Im not sure how much more energy he could give in the CBBC studio, do you want him to do headspins with hacker the dog

I am not referring to his performance he did in the CBBC studio, I don't expect much from performances done for small TV shows.
I am voicing my concerns mostly due to the vibes that he gives off generally.

Biste

Indeed. He should just go "I don't care how ridiculous my dance moves look, I just f****** enjoying myself here".
They really need to bring a happy, fun atmosphere on stage that doesn't takes it too seriously (However obviously not on a Jendrik level...). It is what this song craves to me.

Chrisiam

Whilst I do agree that Newman needs to work on his stage presence I have a feeling that is something that they still have some time to improve upon as we get closer to the event. Plus performing it in front of a crowd is going to have a different energy than what we have seen with his other performances so far.

I do hope that he does end up performing this like Biste says where he approaches it like "You know what? I'm never going to do this again so I might as well have fun with it". Almost the same kind of mentality that the Bobbysocks apparently had for their performance. I mean I don't think that alone will help him win, but after he performs and after the contest I'd rather people said something like "He gave it his all and he had fun with it and we all had fun with it at home" rather than "Well, he was a little too nervous, like a rabbit in the headlights, just totally awkward".

Ianp16

The performance was a bit too casual for me. I know and understand this was for a children's TV channel, and there's not necessarily going to be backflips, flip-flops and handstands, but it's a just a bit...

tenor.gif

Iker

Veteran
I definitely don't have any issue with the vocal, and I kinda love the dad-dancing, although I'm not sure how it's gonna look at Eurovision :ROFLMAO:

Overall there's enough here to hold out hope that it's not another last-place finish, but he's going to need support with some decent staging.
Denmark also brings the dad-dancing this year, lol.

Top Bottom