Reach up to heaven
To you

I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Yeah I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
And I'm still not sure
What you ever saw in me

No, I'm a, I'm a fallen angel
Tryna fly, but I'm not able, so
Just let me go (I'm a, I'm a fallen angel)
'Cause no matter where my heart is
There's no way I'll ever
Reach up to heaven
To you​

Last edited by a moderator:

Iker

Veteran
I think people with bad taste in music will vote enough for it to make it through this bloodbath semi even if the juries abandon it. This entry definitely does not scream jury-friendly to me.

MalagaToledo

Banned
What is my basis? Personal feeling. That feeling developed from watching contests from previous years and witnessing many times how songs that got polarizing reception ended up doing better than anyone expected.
And you still haven't give us any example of polarising entries which did so well? Roko blazevic with Wings from croatia maybe? NQ Euro Neuro? NQ. Etc..

Yazy

And you still haven't give us any example of polarising entries which did so well? Roko blazevic with Wings from croatia maybe? NQ Euro Neuro? NQ. Etc..
Croatia (2017) and Romania (2013) - vocals and over the top stage performances elevated the songs. They made to the final.

Hungary and Cyprus (2015), and also Malta (2012) - sugary songs that didn´t fair well in finals but little amount of people expected them in finals to begin with.

Belarus (2014) - That song had horrendous lyrics and many people facepalmed when they heard it. It made to the final.

Georgia 2016 - many people considered it to be a NQ because it didn´t have the traditional song structure and they didn´t find it enough mainstream. It made to the final.

Moldova 2018 - many considered it too trashy and local festival oriented and thought it would be a NQ. It made to the final.

UPDATE: Forgot to mention Iceland (2014) with their colorful quirky act that many people also thought wouldn´t get far.

Last edited:

MalagaToledo

Banned
Croatia (2017) and Romania (2013) - vocals and over the top stage performances elevated the songs. They made to the final.

Hungary and Cyprus (2015), and also Malta (2012) - sugary songs that didn´t fair well in finals but little amount of people expected them in finals to begin with.

Belarus (2014) - That song had horrendous lyrics and many people facepalmed when they heard it. It made to the final.

Georgia 2016 - many people considered it to be a NQ because it didn´t have the traditional song structure and they didn´t find it enough mainstream. It made to the final.

Moldova 2018 - many considered it too trashy and local festival oriented and thought it would be a NQ. It made to the final.
Country And Year don't mean anything. If you don't write the name of the song and artist, your post is pointless. Also, you are contradicting yourself baby. Doing well doesn't mean qualifying. Qualifying Is the bare minimum. Ok. Baby, even San Marino is not satisfied anymore with bare minimum of qualifying. That's not definition of doing well. Last but not least, there are different factors why they qualified. Maybe this is your day first eurovision. But let me tell you something. There is something called running order And weak semifinal like semifinal 2 of 2021.

I can't comment on those examples you out cause you didn't write Name of the song and singer's name.

Point made!!!!!xdance2xleftxwait

Yazy

Country And Year don't mean anything. If you don't write the name of the song and artist, your post is pointless
Looking up names of songs and artists is literally faster than writing a response to a comment.

Also, you are contradicting yourself baby. Doing well doesn't mean qualifying. Qualifying Is the bare minimum. Ok. Baby, even San Marino is not satisfied anymore with bare minimum of qualifying. That's not definition of doing well.
I said "dark horse". There are no contradictions there. Being a "dark horse" corresponds to what people expect from you. If rarely anybody expects to even see you in the final and yet you are there, then yes, you did well. Because winning was never even the topic when it comes to that particular artist and song to begin with. The goal was defying the expectations of many people and that goal was achieved.

Last but not least, there are different factors why they qualified.
Yes. And that can also be a possibility with Tix.

Maybe this is your day first eurovision.
Nope. Not at all.

But let me tell you something.
Oh snap, this outta be juicy....

There is something called running order And weak semifinal like semifinal 2 of 2021.
I don´t think I undestand what you just wrote here.

I can't comment on those examples you out cause you didn't write Name of the song and singer's name.
You had plenty of moments to look them up while writing this paragraph.

Point made!!!!!xdance2xleftxwait
Damn. You sure annihilated me. I guess this calls for celebration in your favor.

tenor.gif

choda

Eurofans: *dAtEd and GeNeRiC*

Same Eurofans: *YAHH KEIINO WINNERS, TIX WITHDRAW PLEASE*

First: I like both TIX and KEiiNO, they are my #2 and #3 on MGP (TIX is my #2 on ESC, KEiiNO would be there as well)

Some people feel emotion from this song, some people are not feeling it. That is OK. But some of people among Eurofans starting from here are just insulting him because he won.

Is song "dated" and "generic" (two most idiotical phrases used by Eurofans) ?

Maybe.

Are the other songs on Eurovision in that same category? At least 90 % of them.

Eurovision is competition where quality is not the main focus of it. It is contest made for fun purposes. Quality is now higher than 15-20 years ago, but it does not change the point. Every year, we have maybe 1-2 songs that are real MUSICAL (not commerical - musical quality, Grande Amore, Amar Pelos Dois, Nocturne, The Voice (IRL 96) etc)

Is Fallen Angel quality? I do not know.
Is it good production wise? It is.
Is it memorable and eye-catching? It is
Is it emotional? For some people yes, for the others no.

And message for people that are insulting TIX - you really don't have anything nice in your life, so you have to insult random Norwegian guy?

This is not referred for people that just dislike this song - it is reffered to sick and toxic atmosphere that is building around TIX.

He literally had to excuse himself because he won? WTF

And in May, we will see how many people got emotional from this song. I literally have no idea what place will he get.

Jopi

Tix is my 1st, and Keiino would be too.. So Norway wins for me one way or another...
One song is just fully packed (good song, production...) and the other one is too packed but with emotional impact... We'll see if Europe will be touched with Fallen Angel as Norwegians were..

But I gotta admit... Watching semifinal 1 back in January... I forgot that there will be presented one more direct finalist other than Keiino.. So I literally muted my screen (bc I was watching probably some other NF) and I went back and forth.... And LITERALLY thought that Tix was an internal act... The performance looked so high fashion, gave me worldwide vibes, that it could be performed at VMAs or some other award ceremony...I thought he is some kind of Macklimore of Norway lol
And then when I realised that it was actually a participant, went back and listened it and watched it again... And it all clicked for me immediately. It was my most streamed song from MGP (even though I was cheering for Keiino up until the NIGHT BEFORE FINALS :ROFLMAO: )... And then of course the english version (when I understood actually what ishe singing about) it all made sense... I guess I'm a sucker for wounded soulsxcry

Last edited:

choda

Somebody told here "bad tasted people"

I just wonder is that professional musician from academy, because that statement can be accepted only from somebody highly competent.

Jopi

That is the only part of 45min documentary that I understood:ROFLMAO: Also the Blassemafian part was cute, and Alan Walker.
Hopefully they will add subtitles or something.

ekzuu

Wow... Ava Max is one of my fave singers atm, it's interesting to hear that TIX co-wrote "Sweet but Psycho", it's a big thing :O

About "Fallen Angel": who cares if it's "dated" when people like it? I think it has potential to do well (especially with the televote, I think easily at top 10 in televote, maybe even Keiino-kinda scenario?). Also Norway in the past few years has done very well even with songs I didn't think will go far, so I think TIX will continue that streak. What I love about this entry is that it feels very Nordic, I love the deep voice, singing, authenticity, also the production is quality... And although I wished Keiino to win and was disappointed when they didn't, I now notice the merits of this song and I think it will appeal to many viewers. :)

A-lister

Veteran
I think it has potential to do well (especially with the televote, I think easily at top 10 in televote, maybe even Keiino-kinda scenario?)

Really, an early 00's b-side boyband ballad getting a top 10, let alone winning, with the televote in 2021? I think you underestimate the televoters. I don't think this will even qualify if it's up to televoters alone.

Last edited:

ekzuu

Really, an early 00's b-side boyband ballad winning getting a top 10, let alone winning, with the televote in 2021? I think you underestimate the televoters. I don't think this will even qualify if it's up to televoters alone.
Well, okay... But yes I think. Everyone can stick to their predictions and we shall see!!

A-lister

Veteran
Well, okay... But yes I think. Everyone can stick to their predictions and we shall see!!

I mean like discussed on the other page, taste obviously differs, but there is a reason stuff like this hasn't been popular for almost two decades now ... Eurovision is like its own time capsule at times.

ekzuu

I mean like discussed on the other page, taste obviously differs, but there is a reason stuff like this hasn't been popular for almost two decades now ... Eurovision is like its own time capsule at times.
Well, to my mind the music industry is more and more mixing new and old, it's in trend right now. Eurovision also reflects it, that's why we have many 80s songs etc this year. And I think production makes TIX to sound kinda fresh and it doesn't feel soo dated. To me this song remids a bit Rasmussen "Higher Ground", for example the backing vocals, Nordic and dark vibe, wacky staging. And that did well too!!! I imagine Northern Europe's public, Baltics, Russians, Ukrainians, UK etc public could get behind this very well. Though it might also fail, I don't know that for sure, it's just my feeling right now..

Top Bottom