Contact us

FSC #65 - Results

Paper7

Re: FSC #65 - Results [today @ 19:00 CEST]

congrats Netherlands!

And congrats to the Phillipines, nice to see you in Top5! :)

Thanks again to all who gave :ch: points, a top10 place is awesome! xyaay

Deleted member 8866

xshock

Oh darn!!!!!!! xcry1

3 points!!! You know, I did had a feeling, that we're going to end up high this month, and luckily, I wasn't wrong! In the end, my 12 pointer won! :D So congratulations, Netherlands! xcheers

And a big THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU to everybody, who voted for :sl: xhug xkiss xlove

:12: Malaysia, Cyprus
:10: Spain, Turkey, Croatia, Serbia
:8: Finland
:7: Greece, France, Poland
:6: United Kingdom
:5: Philippines
:4: Bulgaria
:3: Mexico
:2: Germany, Indonesia
:1: Brazil, Romania

Thank you, danke, grazie, obrigado, gracias, najlepša hvala!!!!!!!

See you in next (patriotic) month! xwave

doctormalisimo

Congrats Netherlands, a Western European ESC artist trumping a surprise contender from a country that rarely does well, how very FSC :D

A 5th bottom 5 in 6 months for Ireland, idk given what I usually think of the results here, having my entries always do badly feels like a badge of honour :mrgreen:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

:uk:
8th Place #79pts xcheer

:10::za:
:8::de::ph::pl:
:7::id::ro::cy:
:5::br:
:4::es::sl:
:3::ca:
:2::no::tw::hr:
:1::cz::nl:

Thank you to everyone who voted for the UK. xkiss

Terence

Congrats :nl: - not a bad song but not good enough for a winner to be honest.

First time I liked a song from :bg: and it finished 13th :( great choice nonetheless! Russia and France also didn't do well... my top 3 were unlucky... lots of love!

Kicker

Well, I'm really not happy with the winner, I never got all the hype about those two... Being honest, I didn't think we'd do that well, very big surprise for me here. :)

[MENTION=4460]Anjeza[/MENTION]: Well, you were close. If I gave you one point more, it would have been enough to get points from Spain :lol: Well, if you are going to send the song I think you are going to send next month, you can expect big points from me :)

JamieBrown

[MENTION=4460]Anjeza[/MENTION]: Well, you were close. If I gave you one point more, it would have been enough to get points from Spain :lol: Well, if you are going to send the song I think you are going to send next month, you can expect big points from me :)

What are you expecting? xthink

Congrats to :nl:! I hadn't got the time to vote this month, but if I could you would surely be one of my favourites! I love The Common Linnets!

MrGerbear

WHAT

ANOTHER TOP 5 FINISH AM I DREAMING (actually no i literally dreamed that I won but I woke up and I was like naaaaah)

oh my god thank you so much everybody xheart

:12: - :ca: :za: :tw:
:10: - :gr: :ch:
:8: - :rs:
:7: - :mt:
:5: - :id: :pt: :ro:
:3: - :hr:
:2: - :nl:

JamieBrown

^I love this video so much! We have to wait until 5th September for the next Heute-Show

Malagant

FSC Admin
Staff member

:no: Great Results Show, Kryptonite - and Many Congratulations to the winner, The Netherlands!
thumb_smiley1.gif

Thank You to everyone for the votes/points (special thanx for the 12 and 10 points!) - and a very good 7th place this month - for Norway in July.
I am glad that many of you enjoyed this melodious Scandinavian Electro-Pop song by Röyksopp & Robyn :)

Here are the Norwegian Jury-votes for FSC July:

FSC_lx409_Norway_zps1319f1d0.jpg

Look forward to presenting more Norwegian music for you in FSC August!
thumb_smiley1.gif

-M​

Mozz

I just got home. Wow. First I'd like to thank all the voters on the Dutch entry:

My gratitude goes to:

:12: :de: :ee: :ru:
:10: :fr: :hu: :ro:
:8: :za:
:7: :cz: :ph: :sl:
:6: :ie:
:5: :ch:
:4: :pl: :pt: :tw:
:1: :rs: :uk:

My own top. The 18 songs that I liked the most this month were:
:12: :se:
:10: :fr:
:8: :tw:
:7: :mx:
:6: :hu:
:5: :br:
:4: :hr:
:3: :al:
:2: :ph:
:1: :uk:
:cy: (this one was closest to my top 10)
:es:
:us:
:mt:
:gr:
:no:
:de:
:my:

r3gg13

Well, USA, this was a (unpleasant) surprise :(

USA, why don't you love us anymore? :((((

I gave you 16 points though xcry. I still listen to your entry xbow. I wish you guys had won instead xcry

Thank you all for those who voted for :us:, I hope you won't have a problem liking our entry next month ;)

Big congratulations to Netherlands

Here's the breakdown of our points:

ItNJH4U.png

Edward

Congrats to the :nl: for a victory in an otherwise sort of unspectacular month. Wish :al: really pulled it out in the end, too bad about the not voting thing and consequent penalty. Happy to see some of my highest votes doing well again (:al:, :es:, :ph:). A bit surprised over :cy: and :gr: underachieving but maybe it's time to change the style of the entries. Also surprised to see :pl: at the bottom, it was not a bad song by any means - was on my top 15 even. Happy to have contributed to the victory of the winning entry this month anyway and can't wait to be participating next month already again with :pt: being back in the upcoming edition :)

eerik

Here's the breakdown of our points:

So that's why :ee: did not get any points from :us:... I was already going to point my finger at you, but all is forgiven now, Reggie. :mrgreen:

handeyener

Thanks for everyone that voted for :mx:, 15th place is great, great we were not in bottom this time. I'm happy for the placement of :cz: it was a risky entry, I'm happy when countries don't usually send the same stuff.

and congrats for the Netherlands!!

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Congrats :nl:, it's a cute song, but The Common Linnets have at least two much better songs that I've heard. This one was a bit unremarkable to me compared to them. It was somewhere close to my top 10, though.

I would be so happy if Slovenia won, both a different winner and not in English, but I'm happy that it came 2nd. xup

24th place isn't that bad for :cy:, I didn't expect this particular song to do well, it was a very risky entry and more like a "lyrics song", so not understanding the lyrics made it much more difficult to be appreciated. Thanks to the following countries for their points:

:12: :hu: xlove
:8: :gr::pt: xheart xheart
:3: :tr::fr:
:2: :ie::rs:

And also to all individuals who gave it points in multi-person juries but weren't enough to give us any points in the end. :D

Mozz

<edited some part, because some people could be upset and see things in black&white :D>

As I said a few weeks ago, I didn't believe that this song could win FSC, despite it being sung by ESC artists. Simply because it doesn't have the "FSC winning song" vibe written all over it. There were several other candidates that I believe had much higher chances and had that typical "FSC winner" energy. A notable example is :al:. I believed that Albania had great chances to win, because that's the type of song that has already won several editions this year (and in the past). The Dutch song doesn't have that vibe. I thought it would be too mellow, too subtle, not enough uplifting or pop. In general, country music doesn't very well in these contests. All in all, I'm quite surprised that it was able to win.

One thing that I'm sure of is that it will be the only winning song (maybe with a few other songs) for a long time that doesn't have any synthesizer/computer generated sounds, or autotune.

Thanks again to all who've appreciated this country tune and were willing to give it points.

Thank you very much Nejc for this exciting results show xrunhug

Congratulations to :sl: for an unexpectedly excellent result. For me it's really a shock :eek: . Sorry that it lacked only a few points for victory:(

Top Bottom