Contact us

FSC #65 - Results

Mozz

Re: FSC #65 - Results [today @ 19:00 CEST]

The Common Linnets have at least two much better songs that I've heard. This one was a bit unremarkable to me compared to them. It was somewhere close to my top 10, though.

I'm pretty sure about 1 of the 2 that you mean. They have several nice songs on their album that it was too hard too choose.

Tinchey

I'll keep most of the stuff I'd like to say for myself, but to say at least - I'm very disappointed. Congrats Mozz though, it is a nice song and I can't really blame you. ^^ It's rather the atmosphere in FSC that doesn't allow anything outside of small circle of countries to win. Here are my points and the ranking of the songs I really enjoyed:

25 :ee: Estonija
10 :tw: Tajvan
08 :no: Norveška
07 :cz: Češka
06 :ch: Švicarska
05 :fi: Finska
04 :br: Brazil
03 :cy: Cipar
02 :se:Švedska
01 :ru: Rusija
---------------------
11. :id: Indonezija
12. :us: SAD
13. :ie: Irska
14. :mt: Malta
15. :mx: Mexico
16. :hu: Mađarska
17. :nl: Nizozemska

Thanks everyone for your points especially David for 12 pts! Cheers! ^^ 17th place is something I expected more or less so I'm satisfied. :D

CypriotGirl

Veteran

I'm pretty sure about 1 of the 2 that you mean. They have several nice songs on their album that it was too hard too choose.

One is their ESC song of course, the other one is "Broken But Home" which I find also amazing. Haven't heard any other song from them tbh, but these two are far better from the winning song of FSC this month, which it's still a nice song though. ;)

Btw, has an artist won FSC twice before, or Ilse was the first one to do it (once solo and once in a duo)?
Edit: I forgot of Within Temptation xrofl

Mozz

One is their ESC song of course, the other one is "Broken But Home" which I find also amazing. Haven't heard any other song from them tbh, but these two are far better from the winning song of FSC this month, which it's still a nice song though. ;)

Btw, has an artist won FSC twice before, or Ilse was the first one to do it (once solo and once in a duo)?
Edit: I forgot of Within Temptation xrofl

Yes, Broken But Home is very nice, I can totally see why you like it. I already had 3 songs from TCL to pick from and later I added Broken But Home, so I had 4 to choose from. It's funny that you mention this one because in the end I thought Broken But Home was too cliche FSC-ish (while you wish for a 'different kind of songs' in FSC), so I dropped it. The other 2 songs I considered were actually better/stronger candidates than Hungry Hands but for my own reasons I decided to drop them as well.

Within Temptation? Who are they?

CypriotGirl

Veteran

Yes, Broken But Home is very nice, I can totally see why you like it. I already had 3 songs from TCL to pick from and later I added Broken But Home, so I had 4 to choose from. It's funny that you mention this one because in the end I thought Broken But Home was too cliche FSC-ish (while you wish for a 'different kind of songs' in FSC), so I dropped it. The other 2 songs I considered were actually better/stronger candidates than Hungry Hands but for my own reasons I decided to drop them as well.

Within Temptation? Who are they?

I don't care for "different kind of songs" that much if I like a song. I just wish different kind of songs win at least sometimes, I don't like it when it's so predictable and the same countries with similar type of songs win. But this won't stop me from giving points to songs I like no matter how FSCish they are. Like UK last month, it was 100% FSCish but I loved the song and gave it many points :lol:

cegs5

Second last xwoo xbow xthank

Congratulations [MENTION=6221]Mozz[/MENTION]

eerik

I wonder what has happened with FSC love for Anna Abreu? She was 3rd and 6th in the early days of FSC with amateurish rubbish and now she has been in the bottom twice with arguably much better productions.

CypriotGirl

Veteran

I wonder what has happened with FSC love for Anna Abreu? She was 3rd and 6th in the early days of FSC with amateurish rubbish and now she has been in the bottom twice with arguably much better productions.

I'd rather ask what has happened to Anna Abreu herself :lol:

This time her song was OK but far from "FSCish", see that it was collaboration with hip hop artist, and the other one was too cheap to score well, whereas her earlier stuff was more FSCish and in touch with the time they were sent :lol:

cegs5

Anna Abreu's was the best part of the :fi: song...but I'm afraid that because of the hate for hiphop/rap maybe many of the juror didn't even listen to that part :lol: it was after more than minute so perhaps people just stopped it before :lol:

94ayd

Wow, I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised with my result. Thanks to the following juries for awarding it its 63 points, resulting in a 13th place:

:pt: & :sl: for :2:
:gr: & :tw: for :3:
:hu: for :4:
:ru: for :5:
:id: for :6:
:us: for :7:
:br: & :mx: for :10:
:mt: for :12: :D

Still, why do I always start at the top and drop out of the top 10 in the last minute? :lol:

eerik

I'd rather ask what has happened to Anna Abreu herself :lol:

This time her song was OK but far from "FSCish", see that it was collaboration with hip hop artist, and the other one was too cheap to score well, whereas her earlier stuff was more FSCish and in touch with the time they were sent :lol:

Anna Abreu's was the best part of the :fi: song...but I'm afraid that because of the hate for hiphop/rap maybe many of the juror didn't even listen to that part :lol: it was after more than minute so perhaps people just stopped it before :lol:

Well, the "rap" was as mainstream as it can get with juvenile YOLO lyrics (as far as I understood) and carefree atmosphere, exactly what seems to be popular these days.

nekoisneko

Congrats :nl: !! xcheer

and thanks to who has voted :id: this time xthank

:12: - :ch:
:10: - :se: :ph:
:7: - :my:
:5: - :de: :fr:
:4: - :uk:
:3: - :us:
:2: - :tr:
:1: - :mt:

#16 is not that bad for Dangdut :mrgreen:

see you in August Edition ! xwave

kopachka

My votes:

25 :sl: - first time 12 points to Slovenia from me, really good song guys :)
10 :uk: - I had hard time deciding if Mi delamo galamo or The Road should get my 25 points, but my mood decided back then. Still, amazing song, please send more materials like this ;)
8 :cz: - in the beggining of the month I thought this will be my top pointer, but upper two grew on me more.
7 :rs: - I hate myself for liking this.
6 :hu: - I can not remember when was the last time I gave Hungary any points. It was about a time to send something worth them.
5 :tr: - I like Hande, but this song kind of grew off me with every listening.
4 :fi: - Anna's parts were really bland IMO, without them I would have this song in my top 3 probably.
3 :bg: - obligatory points for Bulgaria from me :lol:
2 :se: - special song definitely, but sometimes too weird even for me.
1 :nl: - well, at least I have winner in my top 10.

Congrats :nl:!

nofuxCZ

Wait, what? I finished 18th and got 53 pts with a 6 minutes long instrumental trance song? :D That's the most pleasant surprise I've had in FSC since I can remember :mrgreen: Thanks to all of these juries that appreciated my risky choice xheart
12 - Mexico, Serbia xheart
7 - Bulgaria
6 - Norway, Croatia, Switzerland
4 - Finland

Happy to see my :12: pointer Switzerland in the top 10 :D
Aaand also congrats :nl:, great winning entry for once ;)

A-lister

Veteran
First of, congratulations to :nl: for the win ! The song is alright, but I must say that I think a certain "ESC act factor" was part of the reason it won.

So, yet another bad result for Sweden :( I must say FSC is becoming a bit too predictable results-wise tbh :/ Anyways...

A very big thank you to everyone that did support the Swedish entry for FSC#65 July 2014 atleast! xhug

46 pts

:12: :nl:
:10: :ee: :tw:
:4: :ie:
:3: :hu: :uk:
:2: :bg: :ph:

... and a reprise of:

The Swedish (my) jury votes:

:12: :tr:
:10: :id:
:8: :tw:
:7: :za:
:6: :de:
:5: :no:
:4: :ro:
:3: :al:
:2: :my:
:1: :hu:

eerik

I really don't think The Common Linnets being an ESC artist played much part in their victory. Ilse had already won FSC ages ago with much more merdiocre song and bigger lead in points.

hawadharma

Before we proceed with August edition results, I would like to announce how Malaysian jury (a.k.a. myself) voted last month (before it's too late) :lol:

fscjuly2014_zpsa0edc765.jpg

Top Bottom