For those who want to avoid spoilers you may wish to avoid reading this article.
The eighteen artists set to take part in Uuden Musiikin Kilpailu 2015 (UMK) have had their identities and song titles leaked by Spotify in Finland, six days before the official reveal was expected in a press release on 13th January.
The selection features a healthy mix of genres and artists, including a Cuban reggaeton singer and a skater rock/punk band. The 18 participants and their songs can be seen below;
- Aikuinen – Kyynelten lahti
- Angelo de Nile – All For Victory
- Eeverest – Love It All Away
- Hans on the Bass – Loveshine
- Heidi Pakarinen – Bon voyage
- Ida Bois – Kumbaya
- Järjestyshäiriö – Särkyneiden sydänten kulmilla
- Jouni Aslak – Lions and Lambs
- Norlan El Misionario – No voy a llorar por ti
- Opera Skaala – Heart of Light
- Otto Ivar – Truth or Dare
- Pertti Kurikan Nimipäivät – Aina mun pitää
- Pihka ja Myrsky – Sydän ei nuku
- Satin Circus – Crossroads
- Shava – Ostarilla
- Siru – Mustelmat
- Solju – Hold Your Colours
- Vilikasper Kanth – Äänen kantamattomiin
Siru’s “Mustelmat” was originally the only song available for fans to listen to but the entire UMK album has since been taken down from Spotify. Many of the songs are longer than 3 minutes on the listing which suggests that finalised song versions may not be available until the 13th January.
UMK 2015 is set to finish in March but the finalised dates have not been announced yet, apart from the fact it will begin 7th February.
What do you think of this year’s lineup? Let us know your thoughts below or join the discussion on our forum!