The Eurovison Song Contest 2015 is still months away but we all are already have many different scenarios in our heads on what’s going to happen this year. Well, I put a list together of 20 things I’m very confident are going to happen in Vienna but only time will tell if I was right. Have look at it and let us know if you agree or if we missed someting.
1. Cyprus will give 12 points to…….GREECE
2. Russia will qualify from the Semi Finals, am I right?!?
3. Thomas G:SON will be back with more than one entry this year.
4. The United Kingdom will end up on the right side of the scoreboard……again
5. Nobody is going to miss Terry Wogan……..or his wig
6. Latvia will once again fail to qualify. Only Mr. God knows why a Beautiful Song about cakes won’t cut it.
7. At least one country will Boob it up to win votes.
8. Graham Norton will be drunk during the broadcast….as usual
9. Azerbaijan will not give any points to Armenia, even if it’s just a rehearsal.
10. At least one person is going to butcher the word “Azerbaijan”
11. Sweden is going to win the OGAE Vote
12. Sweden is going to win the OGAE Second Chance contest
13. We will all still miss Lynda Woodruff
14. Some people will unfairly boo the wrong people.
15. At least one act will be “in the closet” and foolishly expects us to believe it.
16. There will be several acts where the backup singers do 95% of the singing while the actual “singers” are busy dancing and jumping around on Stage.
17. Several artists are going to make awkward faces when the camera is on them in the Green Room.
18. Get ready for a lot of heart shape hand gestures.
19. Too many flags, it would be nice to see the performer every once in a while.
20. Whoever wins in 2015, will have a hard time beating last year’s “Acceptance Speech”
The views expressed in this editorial are solely those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions and views of ESC United, its editorial board, its readers, or any other person, entity, or organization.