Contact us

WV SWANSEA 135 ️‍🔥 GRAND FINAL ️‍🔥 RESULTS starting with page 2 ️‍🔥

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
But he wasn't born there, which in my opinion should not be eligible to represent Corsica according to the rule. Plus, he was there growing up, not establishing his career I guess, unless the song being sent is a song that he produced during his growing up period in Corsica.

I applogize to bring this discussion at the very end of the day of voting because I was not at the same semi with Corsica and I rarely check other semi entries until the grand final.
***In order to accept an artist who was not born, did not grow up or does not currently live in a country/region but only has roots from that country, then he/she must have special ties with that country
I think at some point the rules have been re-worded and forgot to include grow up in the first list, because it's still listed here in the exceptions below as a valid basis for eligibility (and I remember that as far back as the beginning of WV, it's always been either a) born, b) grew up or c) currently live). So this artist should be fine.

Looren

Veteran
Voted!

I have question to the mods, how come that Corsica entry is eligible while both singer were not originated from Corsica nor live there in certain period (e.g. making an album)?

If I remember correctly, my :kant: entry (the very old one) was questioned about its eligibility due to the singer was Tibetan even though the song in Japanese and she had an established singing career in Japan, particularly in Kanto Region. I had to explained with proofs that she indeed lived in Kanto Region for certain period for her singing career (not only visited) and the song was part of the album that she released during her career in Japan and recorded at music label that located in Tokyo.

Patrick Fiori also always describe himself as a Corsican ;)

CypriotGirl

Veteran
About the issue with Corsican entry, I think there shouldn't be any doubt at all, when the song itself is sung entirely in Corsican and at least one of the artists has roots from there. And it's not the first song of Patrick Fiori in Corsican language. His ESC 1993 entry was also partly in Corsican. xshrug
So, it's not some foreigner with no relation to Corsica singing in Corsican for the first time, like for example, some Greek artists that have sung in Cypriot dialect, like George Dalaras, and for Cyprus there aren't eligible at all, because they have no relation to Cyprus. Amauri Vassili sings in Corsican too but afaik, he has no relation to Corsica and wouldn't have been eligible.

I'm familiar with that rule, because it was introduced back when I was a WV mod, and I remember at least partly was written by me, and it was for situations like that. Patrick Fiori and Corsica is a textbook situation for this rule ;)

Last edited:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
:be: is here and ready for the results xheat

tenor-1.gif

Amir

Veteran
Land of Mrs. Dana :il: is here
hope not to flop too hard :'>

Leydan

Worldvision Mod