Contact us

WV Spin-off #68 | Country Randomiser | The Show | Results: 21 Oct, 20:00 CET

ZoboCamel

WV Spinoff 68: Country Randomiser

Hello hello! After much delaying and much faffing about, it's time for the 68th WV Spinoff show. Following last edition's win, I'd like to welcome you all to the seaside New Brunswick city of Saint John!

KHtnPWs.jpg

As you may notice, though, we're... not exactly near the heart of the city. The budget fell through, planning was left too late, and all the hotels and arenas were booked. Many apologies. At least we have this nice arch.

We also have a lovely host - one of last edition's winning singers, chosen because he was the only person willing to take the job for the low wage we offered for his enthusiasm and hosting talent. Give him a warm welcome!

8dfLLzY.jpg

Now, due to the lack of... accommodation, facilities, or really anything except for pretty rocks and water, we're going to have to do a little bit of travelling. This is the Country Randomiser, after all - so let's visit our participating countries, see the sights and banners of each, and listen to their music. Enjoy the show!

Please PM your votes to me by 10:00 CET on the 18th of October.

Thanks to everybody participating, and a special extra thanks to anybody who sent encouragement, little jokes, or whatever it may have been in the entry confirmation PM - I may not have had time to respond to you all individually, but I certainly appreciated the stuff you sent. Hope you enjoy the edition!

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Re: WV Spin-off #68 | Country Randomiser | The Show | Deadline 18 Oct, 10:00 CET

Omg at first glance I already see 3 songs I love, one of which I was even gonna send if I took a wild trip to the country in question :D This should be an awesome spinoff, hope you guys enjoy :mn: :D

Gorgeous show too Zobo xlove

Alevender

Super Moderator
Staff member
Re: WV Spin-off #68 | Country Randomiser | The Show | Deadline 18 Oct, 10:00 CET

Beautiful banners! Well done Zobo!!

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

Well there's an obvious winner of the "best banner" competition :p Amazing show Zobo and looking forwards to voting soooon! :D

Salmon

:id:’s whiteshoes xheart

Awesome show!

Krishoes

Great show xbow

DaFlo

Banned

Not participating, but props to whoever sent Abel

Lupus

Piece of Wonk

:ie: has voted (long time since I said that...) and best of luck to y'all! :D

daniels1000

Thanks for stealing my future WV winner entry [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] IOTAP

Great show Zobo! xup

Eulaliya

:jp: Nippon has voted!
Amazing show Zobo! xclap And oh, I adore this Joe Hisaishi bannerxheart

ZoboCamel

Just a reminder to the following people: you have around 18 hours left to vote. Lots of people seem to be leaving it late - hope you can make it!
[MENTION=8763]Gera11[/MENTION] [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] [MENTION=13024]revallsay[/MENTION] [MENTION=15070]John1[/MENTION] [MENTION=14174]Koori[/MENTION] [MENTION=8036]Salmon[/MENTION] [MENTION=9461]nekoisneko[/MENTION] [MENTION=13476]Gabe[/MENTION] [MENTION=14451]ferret[/MENTION] [MENTION=11993]whiteshoes[/MENTION] [MENTION=10742]daniels1000[/MENTION] [MENTION=12848]MARCOMEN[/MENTION] [MENTION=14007]lavieenrose[/MENTION]

Alevender barely saved himself from a mention, sending me his votes just as I was typing this up :lol:

Salmon

Heh, I just finished listening to the songs as you typed this up. :lol: Okay spinoff, musically.

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

Beautiful show Zobo! Equatorial Guinea has voted. What happened?! The last country randomizer wasn't good at all, but I actually had spillover! This would be a good WV semi if it were one! Well done y'all xlove

ZoboCamel

so, deadline has passed.

when is the result xthink

I'm still trying to decide, actually. I'd been planning to do it late Saturday/Sunday night so that it'd at least be at a decent time (midday on a weekend) for the Europeans, but it turns out I'm busy on both of those nights. I'm free to do it around Friday night or Sunday noon, but that'd respectively end up being some time during a weekday or very early on a Sunday morning in CET, so... I imagine that wouldn't be the best time for a lot of people. I could always just bite the bullet and host it at ungodly hours myself to make things better for the European majority here because I would feel very lonely and go cry in a corner if nobody came I love you all and don't want to inconvenience anyone, but... yeah, still uncertain right now. Will try to make an announcement when the scoreboards are finished, as I'm still not sure I'd have them done by e.g. Friday night anyway. Working on them now and hoping to finish them tomorrow night, but I'm being fussy as usual and am still quite busy with the tail end of the university semester so it's hard to estimate.

On a separate note: 18 of the 20 participants have voted! The deadline has passed, and I still haven't received any votes from [MENTION=8534]theCONWEL[/MENTION] (Mongolia) or [MENTION=14174]Koori[/MENTION] (Papua New Guinea) yet. If you send them soon enough I may be able to add them in but I won't make any guarantees.

theCONWEL

WorldVision Mod
Staff member

Can I send my votes shortly please? I've had a lot of difficulty with my internet recently and I was kinda locked out my house for most of the weekend so I haven't been able to do it yet? I'll be sending them in the next hour and a half max xlove xlove

ZoboCamel

Can I send my votes shortly please? I've had a lot of difficulty with my internet recently and I was kinda locked out my house for most of the weekend so I haven't been able to do it yet? I'll be sending them in the next hour and a half max xlove xlove

Yep, I can take them for sure if they're that soon! I'm behind on my own schedule anyway so I may as well be a little lax on the deadlines :rolleyes: I look forward to receiving the votes.

Top Bottom