• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

Mainshow

Veteran
I guess it's 100% sure she'll be there. She's helping Ukraine the best way she can.
Already appeared on two total-garbage-quality shows and swept the floor with everyone competing. That's how you leave an impression you wanted to make.

She also had a cameo in the French national final today - addressing the war.

A-lister

Veteran
I was thinking, since Kalush probably won't be able to be there, I think it's still very important for Ukraine to symbolically and morally be up on that stage live, could they just change the entry to some female singer who is out of the country like Jamala or Tina Karol? It would have to be a complete new song then, but it gives the country a possibility to take part live and I think they need to show that they exist even more so if Russia will by then have occupied the country and started their genocide mission.

I know it would be an extraordinary solution, but I think many would agree with that this time around.

Everything just feels so awful, I still can't comprehend the level of fascism and terror that the Russian state stands for. I feel so sad for Ukraine my heart is breaking.

burrito

I was thinking, since Kalush probably won't be able to be there, I think it's still very important for Ukraine to symbolically and morally be up on that stage live, could they just change the entry to some female singer who is out of the country like Jamala or Tina Karol? It would have to be a complete new song then, but it gives the country a possibility to take part live and I think they need to show that they exist even more so if Russia will by then have occupied the country and started their genocide mission.

They should not make any substitute entry. I think that being live on stage isn't really that much of a deal comparing to showing that despite the war and the situation they are still a part of the contest and they're gonna be there in some way, live or not, anyone like it or not. Maybe EBU should be able to let them use the recording from Vidbir even? In those circumstances an exception might be made.

I hope so too, but I don't think so. Russia has a goal to take over all Ukraine and eliminate all critical voices (basically a genocide of the Ukrainian people is in the making), we should be happy if these guys are even alive come May :( I know it sounds terrible, but this is the reality we are facing so no point in sugarcode it.

please, let's not talk like Ukraine is going to be overtaken or all the Ukrainian folk will be killed (and like the guys from Kalush are not going to be around in May - I hope they're in some safe place rn), because if Ukrainian people believe in their victory, then who are we to argue. The situation doesn't and won't probably be good for quite some time, but talking like all the worst things are bound to happen defeats the purpose of having any hope.

A-lister

Veteran
They should not make any substitute entry. I think that being live on stage isn't really that much of a deal comparing to showing that despite the war and the situation they are still a part of the contest and they're gonna be there in some way, live or not, anyone like it or not. Maybe EBU should be able to let them use the recording from Vidbir even? In those circumstances an exception might be made.
I think to miss out on the live part, the connection with the public, is a missed opportunity and whoever would go could also use the platform to draw attention further.
please, let's not talk like Ukraine is going to be overtaken or all the Ukrainian folk will be killed (and like the guys from Kalush are not going to be around in May - I hope they're in some safe place rn), because if Ukrainian people believe in their victory, then who are we to argue. The situation doesn't and won't probably be good for quite some time, but talking like all the worst things are bound to happen defeats the purpose of having any hope.
I applaud your optimism, and I too hope they will prevail, but rationally speaking if Ukraine won't get proper help soon, we will have to face a very dark reality.

Loindici

Veteran
A dark but relieving reality that '1944' won. With the context of now, '1944' becomes '2022' and the meaning becomes pitch-black and more important. My heart wrenches whenever Jamala's cradle song becomes more melancholic and desperate in these recent live performances.

Ajeje Brazorf

I'm calling it now: when Kalush make it to Turin, they are going to beat Il Volo and receive the highest televote score in history.

I think if they manage to participate in Turin, Ukraine will receive the best percentage ever by both juries and televoters and win by the largest point difference ever with the split system...And I will not complain, because I actually like the song: it's not my no°1, but it still is good and entertaining song...

Last edited:

hpp0

Am I the only one who disagrees with the theory that Ukraine is a sure winner? The contest is still in two months and unless something really major happens, most people will have forgotten about the war, as it has already started to happen. They can maybe win televoting but not with that huge numbers as some think (unless they have the best performance of course, then it will make sense), and I can see the juries favouring them a bit, as normally a song like this would flop with the jurors, but I don't think they will be in the jury's top 5.

Mainshow

Veteran
Max Barskih announced on his Instagram that he doesn't allow any Russian broadcasters, radio stations or shows to make use of his songs anymore and he will take down his entire catalogue on all Russian streaming and music sites.

He's been very vocal about the war, Russia's invasion and asks other Ukrainian artists to follow him.

That's quite a big deal, imo, because he's very successful in Russia

A-lister

Veteran
Am I the only one who disagrees with the theory that Ukraine is a sure winner? The contest is still in two months and unless something really major happens, most people will have forgotten about the war, as it has already started to happen. They can maybe win televoting but not with that huge numbers as some think (unless they have the best performance of course, then it will make sense), and I can see the juries favouring them a bit, as normally a song like this would flop with the jurors, but I don't think they will be in the jury's top 5.

Forgotten about the war? You must be joking right? If that's really the case, it's a sad testimony of humanity.

I do however you're correct that people exaggerate a bit, juries still won't go for this type of song (they should though, war or no war). But I think Ukraine could potentially win the televote and at least get decent jury points...

Anyways, I don't feel like they will be there, at least not live :(

A-lister

Veteran
Max Barskih announced on his Instagram that he doesn't allow any Russian broadcasters, radio stations or shows to make use of his songs anymore and he will take down his entire catalogue on all Russian streaming and music sites.

He's been very vocal about the war, Russia's invasion and asks other Ukrainian artists to follow him.

That's quite a big deal, imo, because he's very successful in Russia
Yeah I saw it as well, I really gained lots of new respect for him.

Sure, Russia made him rich, but at least he realizes (better late than never) where to draw the red line. Ani Lorak on the other hand is still happy with blood money it seems.

hpp0

Forgotten about the war? You must be joking right? If that's really the case, it's a sad testimony of humanity.

I do however you're correct that people exaggerate a bit, juries still won't go for this type of song (they should though, war or no war). But I think Ukraine could potentially win the televote and at least get decent jury points...

Anyways, I don't feel like they will be there, at least not live :(

Well I don't want to get off topic but at least most of the people I know and meet daily, after the first few days, mostly went back to normal. We still hear on the news about it but people don't really talk about it. I imagine that, except from the places close to Ukraine and Russia, the situation must be similar in other places too, but I could be wrong.

Zerocalcare

It is extraordinary how Ukraine manages to bring original and quality ethno-pop. Alina Pas was perhaps the strongest choice because she possessed a strong originality and a performance that, with appropriate staging, would have captivated all the fans in Turin. On the quality side, I prefer the Kalush Orchestra song. Ukraine that with the runners-up of Vidbir comes to Turin to win! Minimum result: Top 5 almost guaranteed.

AliceEsc

I hope they win cause it's the best song of the bunch. I won't even be mad when people start the expected "If there wasn't a war they wouldn't have won, bla bla bla". I just hope that they somehow make it to Turin.

Top Bottom