• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

Zerocalcare

Beyond the war, "Stefania" would still have been a strong contender for victory. The only problem is one, are we sure that, in a sense, Ukraine will be sabotaged in the votes? Are we sure it could organize the Eurovision Song Contest after 100 billion in damages to the nation? Unless Australia's same rule applies, that another nation helps Ukraine and hosts a co-conducting event in its own, I see Ukraine's victory unlikely.

A-lister

Veteran
Well I don't want to get off topic but at least most of the people I know and meet daily, after the first few days, mostly went back to normal. We still hear on the news about it but people don't really talk about it. I imagine that, except from the places close to Ukraine and Russia, the situation must be similar in other places too, but I could be wrong.

Not being actively invested in something and "forgetting" about something are two very different things.

Although I hope more Europeans get invested and start to care, but that's another topic.

A-lister

Veteran
I will, because it's a great song in it's own right beyond geo-political concerns.

This, and it saddens me to see all these insensitive comments so concerned by a potential success for Ukraine due to political reasons... sure I think an entry should succeed on its own merits (and I think this is a good entry), but so be it if realities in the world gives a bit extra boost? It is a very special situation we're in now, I think symbolically if anything else it's not an awful thing.

Citelis

They would be strong contenders for very high place in t/v even without the Russian invasion of the country. Sympathy votes can boost the entry but Ukraine has been proved a very strong country in Eurovision the previous years even before the invasion of Crimea.

Chorizo

Am I the only one who disagrees with the theory that Ukraine is a sure winner? The contest is still in two months and unless something really major happens, most people will have forgotten about the war, as it has already started to happen. They can maybe win televoting but not with that huge numbers as some think (unless they have the best performance of course, then it will make sense), and I can see the juries favouring them a bit, as normally a song like this would flop with the jurors, but I don't think they will be in the jury's top 5.
Do you really believe the war will be forgotten in two months?

Ezio

Veteran
Lumix was asked on Ö3 what he thinks about Ukraine being the sureshot for the win. And he said, Eurovision is more than just about music, and if it's that what it takes so show a sign of support, then it would be wonderful if Ukraine won.

hpp0

Do you really believe the war will be forgotten in two months?

In a post above I explained better what I wanted to say. What I basically meant is that, in my opinion at least, by May, people won't have that strong feelings about the situation and they won't mass vote for Ukraine only to show solidarity, even if they wouldn't vote for the song otherwise

empo21

Veteran
Upgrading to an :8: love everything except the rap part

As far as participation, it looks more and more like they'll use live-on-tape. But I'm sure :ua: will participate. Even if (and hopefully) the war is over before eurovision, the boys will need a well deserved break imo.

Ezio

Veteran
Where is the band now and how are the rehearsing? How is the broadcaster doing?

Bmbriga

Where is the band now and how are the rehearsing? How is the broadcaster doing?

They (at least some of them) are from Kalush, town in Ivano-Frankivsk region in western Ukraine (southern part, toward Romania). As far as I know, it's ok there, the Airport was bombed on the first day of the war, but there is no fighting there for now. But I doubt they are rehearsing.
Broadcaster is broadcasting, TV tower was attacked in Kyiv at the beginning, but they were quickly back up. So, they are operational, but I doubt ESC is on their mind.
They are not broadcasting in Kherson region (South) under Russian control, where apparently only Russian stations are broadcasted now.

popavapeur

I like everything but the rap parts, maybe in my top 10 I don't know yet. I really liked the previous entry before she withdrew.

Mainshow

Veteran
Ukraine will be at Eurovision 2022 :love:

Wow.
Seriously, Ukraine´s a fighter in each and every way possible

The Ukrainian delegation has confirmed its presence and has so far incredibly met all deadlines. It is also gearing up to make the back-up video of the performance, asked to all delegations in case problems arise and the delegation or a part of the delegation could not show up in Turin.

Simona Martorelli

A-lister

Veteran
Wow.
Seriously, Ukraine´s a fighter in each and every way possible

Yeah, if this is in fact real news, I am amazed considering all.

Kalush themselves even joined the defence, if they will prepare a video out on the field, prepare yourself for something epic!

Ukraine amazes me alot, not only the way people defend themselves, but that their institutions are working around the clock.

Ezio

Veteran
Everytime I see an Ukrainian car on the highway, I want to stop and hug them

babadabada

Kalush would have been a victory contender even without all this crap Ukrainien people are innocently dying.
Ukraine remains one the best country, if not the best ESC has ever known.
I love everything in this entry and prefer it to Alina’s.
I am just worried by the mean singer’s voice which is kind of « lazy » live. It is not always in tune and the studio version doesn’t hurt my ears as the live does.
In terms of song, it deserves at least top 3 and I would very happy with a victory.

Etanna

They would be strong contenders for very high place in t/v even without the Russian invasion of the country. Sympathy votes can boost the entry but Ukraine has been proved a very strong country in Eurovision the previous years even before the invasion of Crimea.
One thing is sympathy votes, another one diaspora votes since many countries in Europe have now welcomed a huge number of Ukrainian refugees. I don't think countries in central&Eastern Europe/Baltics/Caucasus will forget about the situation in 2 months, because it's very personal for us
and besides the accodommodation of so many immigrants will most likely still be one of the most pressing issues we'll be dealing with.

But as others have said, the song is one of the best ones this year and Ukraine has been consistently sending high-quality songs so their victory would be well deserved. In addition, it would be a nice gesture that Europe stands with Ukraine.

As others have mentioned in this thread already, Jamala's victory was very meaningful then and even more so now. I sincerely hope that RAI/EBU will invite her to perform. That being said I also hope they don't overdo it with the "peace" message like they did 2 years ago in the Eurovision replacement show, it could be counterproductive.

ArmpitOfEurope

This song could have been a huge televote magnet anyway, even without the invasion, it has everything televoters love.
In a '' normal '' year, juries would have probably stopped it from winning, this year I dont know, surely some juries will see Ukraine with more sympathy too?
They can really do it, especially if you consider the lack of other big favourites ( ala Arcade ) this year.

Fluke

I'm kind of split about the chances of this actually winning. On one hand, it could and deserve to win on musical merits alone, but there's no doubt that politics are an issue now, and it's especially remarkable as it's not a political entry.

What somewhat worries me is the consequence of this actually winning. First off, would Ukraine even be able to host it next year, and should they?

Second, no doubt there'll be accusations of them winning only for political reasons and thus implying that the artists didn't deserve to win, and so on, i think you all know what's coming if they do, but it'll be really hard to separate the actual song from the real world context. I got a feeling their win would be heavily contested, especially by non-Eurofans and borderline Russia supporters etc. and the artists are gonna get bashed a lot for profiting off their own national tragedy with a mediocre song, etc...

Zeus

Pretty sure that in general (so in a world without this war) this would be a contender for top 5, maybe 3 as well. It has a lot in it to become a televote-favourite.

And yeah, now with the war-sentiments, they might get some more jurypoints out of support and even a bigger televote-score out of support + the emotion they might bring to the stage and everyone will get the reason behind that. There will be songs (Serbia, Netherlands, Italy, Greece) where people will ask: what is behind this? If there is some emotion or statement or whatever in Ukraine's performance, everyone will relate it somehow to the war.

So yeah, they probably will win, so what. Eurovision is more a good entertainment show than a good and fair music competition in my book, so I think it's nice to see a country winning that gets some emotional support out of it.

And what some Eurovisionfans might say about their win.. I really think they couldn't care less, they have bigger things to worry about. And also where the next Eurovision will be, yeah care, maybe some neutral ground close to it. Poland or something. Not the most important thing if you ask me.

Top Bottom