• Total voters

escYOUnited

Administrator

flag-800.png

Стефанія мамо мамо Стефанія
Розквітає поле, а вона сивіє
Заспівай мені мамо колискову
Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово

Вона мене колисала дала мені ритм і напевне силу волі не забрати в мене, бо дала вона
Напевне знала може більше і від Соломона
Ламаними дорогами прийду я завжди до тебе
Вона не розбудить, не будить, мене в сильні бурі
Забере в бабулі дві дулі, ніби вони кулі
Дуже добре знала мене не була обманута, як була дуже втомлена, гойдала мене в такт
Люлі люлі люлі...

Я не в пеленах но ма но ма, хватить, як би я не виріс на виріст за речі платить
Я не мала дитина, вона далі нерви тратить, я гуляв, шляк би тебе трафив
Ти все молода о мамо на піку, якщо не ціню опіку на піку слави мені в тупику
Забивайте піку цю піку, я би попік спік, своєю любов'ю
Люлі люлі люлі...

Хочу ще почути твоє рідне слово​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran

Centerstring

Chorizo

If Russian troops continue bombing Kyiv - like they just did (TV tower, close to the building of the broadcaster), they will not be able to take part anyway and have to withdraw. Or if there´s no independent Ukraine in May anymore.

As long as Ukraine does exist, the country has every right to compete - no matter how often televoters may or may not be voting for "Stefania".

I´m tired of such claims - Ukraine won in 2016 because of politics and people were in favor of Ukrainians (even though Russia won the televoting). Germany won because of politics in 2010 because "Germany had money at a time when Europe faced a huge financial crises". Austria won because of politics in 2014 because "Eurovision has been undercut and infiltrated by homosexuals" (something which has been said by pedestrians on German TV).

If we ban an independent country from entering Eurovision now because televoters may support a country because of what´s going on in their country, we will have to ban other countries in the near future as well - maybe a country which heavily gets affected by a natural disaster? or a disease? or a huge car crash killing 50 children who where on their way to school shortly prior before the contest? a terror act?
(Some fans even claimed that France will win in 2017 after the islamist attacks in Paris and since "Requiem" had to perform last and the Eiffel Tower was shown during Alma´s performance).

Letting Ukraine perform as part of an interval act should only be an option IF Ukraine can´t compete this year anymore.
Should the Ukrainian broadcaster be forced to shut down or taken over by Russia, technically the EBU would have to ban Ukraine from participating, but I have a hard time believing that they would actually go through with that considering the circumstances. That would lead to a public outcry and protests. I think they would make an exception and let them participate anyway. They could just use an existing recording since the rules allow for that again this year, if they couldn't organize a performance in May. I don't see other European broadcasters supporting the EBU in banning Ukraine because their broadcaster was taken over or destroyed by Putin.

If Russian troops continue bombing Kyiv - like they just did (TV tower, close to the building of the broadcaster), they will not be able to take part anyway and have to withdraw. Or if there´s no independent Ukraine in May anymore.

As long as Ukraine does exist, the country has every right to compete - no matter how often televoters may or may not be voting for "Stefania".

I´m tired of such claims - Ukraine won in 2016 because of politics and people were in favor of Ukrainians (even though Russia won the televoting). Germany won because of politics in 2010 because "Germany had money at a time when Europe faced a huge financial crises". Austria won because of politics in 2014 because "Eurovision has been undercut and infiltrated by homosexuals" (something which has been said by pedestrians on German TV).

If we ban an independent country from entering Eurovision now because televoters may support a country because of what´s going on in their country, we will have to ban other countries in the near future as well - maybe a country which heavily gets affected by a natural disaster? or a disease? or a huge car crash killing 50 children who where on their way to school shortly prior before the contest? a terror act?
(Some fans even claimed that France will win in 2017 after the islamist attacks in Paris and since "Requiem" had to perform last and the Eiffel Tower was shown during Alma´s performance).

Letting Ukraine perform as part of an interval act should only be an option IF Ukraine can´t compete this year anymore.

You are on fire, but this is only the Italians wining for not being #1 in the odds for the 10th year in the row.

Is it inconsiderate? Yes. Should you even honour these comments with a reaction? No.

(Please don't mention the possibility of Ukraine not existing in May, I'll cry, I am).

Kate Pavlenko from Go_A is still in Ukraine though, every night under air raid in the dark. It's really hard to watch her stories.

Kalush, on the other side, is crazy as usual. 🤣Recruiting for army, collecting humanitarian aid, reporting saboteurs and tanks, he's all in. 🤣

jatojo

It's an okay song which I would regard as a borderline qualifier, under normal circumstances. But - as the situation is - it's of course among the favourites to win the whole thing.

I hope they improve their live performance. In their NF performance they were off-key most of the time.

A-lister

Veteran
It's an okay song which I would regard as a borderline qualifier, under normal circumstances. But - as the situation is - it's of course among the favourites to win the whole thing.

I hope they improve their live performance. In their NF performance they were off-key most of the time.

Why are we still referring to deliberate ethnic singing styles as "off-key" ? xshrug

Maybe it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty much in line with how that singing style should sound like.

Anyways, I am not sure we will see Ukraine taking part, or have they already filmed the back-up video? If so, then they will most probably be there, but I highly doubt we will see any live performance.

jatojo

Why are we still referring to deliberate ethnic singing styles as "off-key" ? xshrug

Maybe it wasn't perfect, but it was pretty much in line with how that singing style should sound like.

Anyways, I am not sure we will see Ukraine taking part, or have they already filmed the back-up video? If so, then they will most probably be there, but I highly doubt we will see any live performance.
I listened to their studio version, too - so I know what they are aiming at, I should think.

I hope to see them. It would be memorable.

A-lister

Veteran
I listened to their studio version, too - so I know what they are aiming at, I should think.

I hope to see them. It would be memorable.

Fair enough, I just feel like many comments (maybe not yours in particular so sorry for the misunderstanding) reminds me of when people were saying that Go_A Katya's white voice sounded "awful", I mean I get that it's not everyone's cup of tea but we should remember that there are many local singing styles that might not align with what we normally hear on western radio. With that said, yes the live vocals were not pitch-perfect, but I don't see a huge problem.

I hope so too, but I don't think so. Russia has a goal to take over all Ukraine and eliminate all critical voices (basically a genocide of the Ukrainian people is in the making), we should be happy if these guys are even alive come May :( I know it sounds terrible, but this is the reality we are facing so no point in sugarcode it.

Last edited:

goncalovieira

Well, I do not know if it was a misunderstanding, but Gonçalo Madail (Head of Innovation Department of RTP and part of FDC team) told today in an interview that Ukraine is not taking part in Eurovision 2022.

Minute 49

Mainshow

Veteran
I mean, they obvisouly can´t make any plans for a performance right now.
They need to have "everything ready" for that EBU meeting in like 10 days.

Personally, I think that a lot can happen in a week or two. The EBU should make an exception in this case and let Ukraine´s channel make a decision at a later stage.

midnightsun

Veteran
They could enter with a pre-recorded video, like Australia last year. I‘m surprised there are no plan for a pre-recording for anyone as of now, are there? I mean it’s basically the same as last year with Covid and such…

Fierro

You should remember that participation is not only about performing on stage.

It is also about voting. In war conditions it's impossible to count votes properly especially with communication problems in many regions. Also in order to vote, Eurovision should be broadcasted and the safety of this stream should be guaranteed. Currently there're no guarantees.

grazy2266

Totally agree, couldn't put it better myself. There are many factors other than participation that have to be considered.

allenakaalan

You should remember that participation is not only about performing on stage.

It is also about voting. In war conditions it's impossible to count votes properly especially with communication problems in many regions. Also in order to vote, Eurovision should be broadcasted and the safety of this stream should be guaranteed. Currently there're no guarantees.
Maybe EBU will let :ua: join :sm: in the Fake Televote Club.

Top Bottom