Contact us

THE FINAL. DISCUSSION

AlekS

Veteran
^ Totally agree xkiss they also had the SAME decrease btw :lol: Yes, it decreased, but 1 mil. is a small rating, 6 mil. is still a good rating.
The biggest rating for my country is 9 mil. - it belongs to Ukraine's Got Talent. None of our shows has had a bigger/same rating yet. Not even Eurovision.

As for ESC 2011. Unfortunately 3 biggest shows were aired in the same time "thanks" to May 14th date.

Sabiondo

^ Totally agree xkiss they also had the SAME decrease btw :lol: Yes, it decreased, but 1 mil. is a small rating, 6 mil. is still a good rating.
The biggest rating for my country is 9 mil. - it belongs to Ukraine's Got Talent. None of our shows has had a bigger/same rating yet. Not even Eurovision.

As for ESC 2011. Unfortunately 3 biggest shows were aired in the same time "thanks" to May 14th date.

Hahaha its strage, mayber in the Ukraine if not exist May 14, didn't not have anything else to do than watch the ESC...xmusic

AlekS

Veteran
^ No, it just coincided... FC Shakhtar had 75th birthday... usually we prepare big events for people/companies that turn 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th birthdays etc.

+ Shakhtar entered 8 best European football clubs (for the 1st time for Ukraine) so they created such birthday paty. And of course it was huge with 55 000 people on the stadium and more than 200 000 on the squares + live broadcast.

"Maidans" final also coincided though they combined it with the results announcemnet... so maybe I should count their rating too. Then it will be the best rating ever (more than 10 mil. people) :shock: :lol:

Sabiondo

^ No, it just coincided... FC Shakhtar had 75th birthday... usually we prepare big events for people/companies that turn 25th, 50th, 75th, 100th birthdays etc.

+ Shakhtar entered 8 best European football clubs (for the 1st time for Ukraine) so they created such birthday paty. And of course it was huge with 55 000 people on the stadium and more than 200 000 on the squares + live broadcast.

"Maidans" final also coincided though they combined it with the results announcemnet... so maybe I should count their rating too. Then it will be the best rating ever (more than 10 mil. people) :shock: :lol:

GOSH i won't imagine how will be the TV Ranking if Ukraine wins ESC once again O.O

Woohoo

6 million people isn't rerally low rating for Ukraine considering the population and how big ESC is there.
Yes, it was the 2nd worst ESC rating (considering that 3 biggest shows of the year were aired in the same day -> not a big deal) still in general it's pretty high rating ;)

Mika Newton's participation caused controversy in Ukraine and probably people were not that interested this year...just my guess of course...

it doesn't mean anything if 3 big shows air at the same time as Eurovision.... it happed in UK and France and Eurovision was the most watched show of the day!

Last edited:

AlekS

Veteran
Mika Newton's participation caused controversy in Ukraine and probably people were not that interested this year...just my guess of course...

it doesn't mean anything if 3 big shows air at the same time as Eurovision.... it happed in UK and France and Eurovision was the most watched show of the day!

Unfortunately for your guessing people weren't disappointed SO much - both semis had the same ratings with the last year's semis.
We always valued sport higher than Eurovison.

As for France and the UK. Probably the rest 2 shows (which are they, btw?) weren't so important for them ;)
I'm wondering if the UK had the royal wedding in the same time with ESC would it influenced the ratings? I'm sure it would. So it's not "it doesn't mean anything".

GOSH i won't imagine how will be the TV Ranking if Ukraine wins ESC once again O.O
During the hosting year it can kick all records. Esp if it's hosted by Donbass Arena.

ps. I see our interest for the next NF is already high. This is awesome how people whined about their faves, went against Mika and NTU and now the same people say "Mika is awesome, next year we will win. Can't wait for the next NF " :lol:

Woohoo

Unfortunately for your guessing people weren't disappointed SO much - both semis had the same ratings with the last year's semis.
We always valued sport higher than Eurovison.

People were disappointed :lol: have u forgotten about the scandal (according to Ukrainian participants?). Plus, her song is not a hit.

As for France and the UK. Probably the rest 2 shows (which are they, btw?) weren't so important for them ;)
I'm wondering if the UK had the royal wedding in the same time with ESC would it influenced the ratings? I'm sure it would. So it's not "it doesn't mean anything".

"Britain's Got Talent" , "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", "ITV News", "FA Cup final highlights" etc had lower tv ratings than Eurovision. Eurovision final was the most watched show that night.

lol @ royal wedding, that's irrelevant.:mrgreen: just accept the fact that UK cared more for Eurovision this year than Ukraine.:cool:

In France, Eurovision was the most watched show as well, beating the football match.

Michelangelo

Well, what can I say. Congratulations Azerbaijan! It's always nice to see someone win for the first time, although I held my fingers crossed for my own country - who was really close this year: Sweden. Eric Saade was brilliant on stage! Running Scared wasn't one of my favourites, they were probably the songs from Iceland, Denmark and Austria (yes, she impressed me alot with her powerful voice). But it's afterall a decent song. And with so many swedish people involved around it, I guess it's a small victory for Sweden as well. ;)

So... it's Baku next year then. I must admit that I don't know very much about the city - or Azerbaijan for that matter. But it will be interesting to get to know more, and of course to see how the contest will be there. Another interesting thing to point out: the contest has never been staged this far east before. I think Russia and Moscow held the record before.

AlekS

Veteran
People were disappointed :lol: have u forgotten about the scandal (according to Ukrainian participants?). Plus, her song is not a hit.

"Britain's Got Talent" , "Piers Morgan's Life Stories", "ITV News", "FA Cup final highlights" etc had lower tv ratings than Eurovision. Eurovision final was the most watched show that night.

lol @ royal wedding, that's irrelevant.:mrgreen: just accept the fact that UK cared more for Eurovision this year than Ukraine.:cool:

In France, Eurovision was the most watched show as well, beating the football match.
Her song is a hit according to European televoters and jurors ))) We aren't gonna watch ESC just because our song is not a hit according to someone. We are gonna watch it because it's Ukraine.
Only fans which cheered for other entries were disappointed but it's a lame reason to skip the show.

Just accept the fact? Stop ordering me what to do ;)

Also I didn't say that Ukrainians were more interested in ESC than the UK.

But I can't name all those TV shows which you named really important.
No, royal wedding is not irrelevant it just contraddicts your little theory :p
What I call irrelevant is comparing just a "footbal match" with such huge events like ours.

Jukica

(Retired) Admin
Forgot to comment here (blame it on my operation :lol:) ... nice final and nice winner (it wasn't my fave, but I liked it :D), still glad that Slovenia was finally in the final again xcheer but it was underrated on televoting :(

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
70 million people watched the final
24,8 million people watched Semi 1
19,7 million people watched Semi 2
804,000 watch the online stream (8% increase from last year)

This is an increase of 9 million viewers, so that's good news!

Yamarus

Dana International's banana LOL

ParadiseES

Well, I'll comment about the final for the first time:

1st- Azerbaijan: It was a nice song and a very good performance, but as a winner???? wtf! I think they won because juries and televoting didn't agree (neither juries or televoting from different countries) and because the faves miserably failed, except for Sweden, that was just punished by juries.

2nd- Italy: I'm glad it was saved by the juries. This was quality and one of the best performances, but 2nd is way overrated IMO.

3rd- Sweden: It was amazing and his singing was not that horrible during the final (remember Lena ;)). I think Sweden should've won better than Azerbaijan or Italy.

4th- Ukraine: Very good. I don't think I would put Ukraine THAT HIGH, but it was one of the best, no doubt.

5th- Denmark: Very happy with them as well. One of the best songs this year. BTW it was predictable this song was going to be suported by juries...

6th- Bosnia & Herzegovina: I love the song, but I was so disappointed with his vocals. This was one of the worst vocal performances of the night and I'm not surprised the juries didn't put Dino so high.

7th- Greece: Just amazing. I even wanted to send a sms for Greece! I don't get why juries didn't like this if Loukas sang perfect and the overall performance was flawless. They deserved the 3th place they got with televoting!

8th- Ireland: I'm just angry with this. This was the biggest sh***t I've seen in a while. It's thanks to these "songs" that ESC fans have so bad fame in some countries. Song is rubbish, they can't sing, their clothes are beyond horrible and they are hyperactive, annoying and with no manners, but people say: heeeey this is modern stuff!! WHAT THE F*CK!!! I was so angry when this qualified instead of other good songs like Cyprus, Bulgaria or Slovakia. I bet people who believe in music and this contest were sad that night.... :cry:

9th- Georgia: Wonder what's doing here Georgia again...... They qualified, okay, I can accept it, cause the performance was good, but I think anything better than a 15th for this noisy song (the rapper WTF) is too much...

10th- Germany: naaah the performance was quite interesting, but the song is a big meh and she still can't sing. At least he wasn't so high...

11th- United Kingdom: I think they got what they deserved. They were not as bad as in some rehearsals, but a vocal performance like this simply can't win. Dunno though why the juries punished them so much, cause the song was good (and this is a song contest HELLO?). But anyway they were overrated in televoting and underated in juries, so in the end they got what they deserved ;)

12th- Moldova: I think the same as I think about Ireland... Juries are supposed to be here (as well as to avoid neighbour voting) to increase and value quality. And they allowed that Ireland and Moldova were in the final (and in good places). Nothing more to say...

13th- Slovenia: THE BEST!!!!! Maja was so lovely and her performance was flawless. To me it was a clear winner and I think it would clearly be if this song was presented by Russia or some others. This was cruely underrated with the televoting and I'm glad juries valued this masterpiece. I think this will be one of the very few songs that will remain on my playing list after a while. It's not a song for a night, it's a song for a live! Thank you, Slovenia! :D

And I will go on in any other moment cause I have to go :lol:

ParadiseES

14th- Serbia: I didn't like the song at all and I still don't like, but the performance was perfect for the song, so no problem for me.

15th- France: I've never been a fan of this song I knew this would fail and couldn't be a winner. It should have even come worse, because this was the worst performance of the night. Such performance is unacceptable for a supposed professional artist.

16th- Russia: It's the same situation like with the UK. Maybe it wasn't the worst of the night to come last with the juries, but no way this deserved to be in top-10 or something similar. Overall the result was fair for Russia this year.

17th- Romania: Overrated. I find nothing in this song and even if the singer sang kinda well, many better song did worse...

18th- Austria: WOW what a voice and what a performance. Undoubtedly one of the best of the night and should have come much higher. At least juries gave Nadine the place she deserved but televoters....hello??? what were they thinking about to ignore such a performance?

19th- Lithuania: This wouldn't be in the final according to my ranking, cause the song was pretty weak, but she gave a perfect performance, so it was kinda deserved. Thank god this didn't do so well in the final, especially with the juries (1st place of semi 1, WTF???)

20th- Iceland: I reckon they sang very well, but I still don't get what this song was doing in the final. IMO this was a pure nothingness. One of the most forgettable acts.

21st- Finland: Again, he sang well in the final, but that's IMO not a reason to qualify such a boring song. Thank god it got what it deserved in the final.

22nd- Hungary: This song was quite overrated by ESC fans I think.... But it could've done better, if the performance hadn't ruined everything. So unentuthiastic, just the opposite this song needed. Deserved flop.

23rd- Spain: ohhh poor Lucía. I know our song wasn't wonderful, but it was happy and optimistic, and not that bad after all to get such a place.... Again juries killed us after getting an acceptable amount of televoters. She sang very well and gave a wonderful performance. What do we need to do so that juries won't kill our chances????

24th- Estonia: I can't get what happened with this one. It was perfect: fresh and modern like no one this edition. I thought this was a perfect winner. Don't understand what Europe missed on this..... :(

25th- Switzerland: One of the most cruel injustices I've never seen on this contest. She was perfect, so sweet and it was one of the best songs and also a modern one. But for some reason juries prefered some old-fashioned or trashy songs instead of this joy. Please, someone explain me cause I can't find a single reason for this...

Sabiondo

16th- Russia: It's the same situation like with the UK. Maybe it wasn't the worst of the night to come last with the juries, but no way this deserved to be in top-10 or something similar. Overall the result was fair for Russia this year.

Sorry but i don't agree with this amigo... You must remember that Sweden & Russia had the same type of songs, but Eric was sing so baddly and Alex sing much more better than him, so its not fair that they was sunk Russia only cause was the worst song cause they don't, i thing that him deversed at least an Top 10 at least, as Sweden did as TOP 3 :mrgreen:, and i don't tell me that Eric was do better than Alex cause wasn't.

Just that if the role of the jury is to boycott Armenia, Turkey, Russia, etc.. regardless of their song, then it's an ill-posed jury. Why not Lost & Fogotten was last the last year..?? the Justice was worng this time.

MyHeartIsYours

^ You mustnt forget however that Sweden's entry was performed much more energetically and it was a real Eurovision song. Eric overperformed the song and that's good imo, Alex underperformed his song however. Also I think among those who are fans of Eurovision, Eric Saade was much more popular, Alex's attitude certainly put me off voting for him and Im sure it was the same for others too!
In terms of the Juries, it's obvious they dont have any bias, I used to believe that they did slightly but after giving us 23rd place that's completely changed my views!

Sabiondo

^ You mustnt forget however that Sweden's entry was performed much more energetically and it was a real Eurovision song. Eric overperformed the song and that's good imo, Alex underperformed his song however. Also I think among those who are fans of Eurovision, Eric Saade was much more popular, Alex's attitude certainly put me off voting for him and Im sure it was the same for others too!
In terms of the Juries, it's obvious they dont have any bias, I used to believe that they did slightly but after giving us 23rd place that's completely changed my views!

C'mon this just its about SONG CONTEST not Actitude... and Eric wasn't energic at all, just he was gave an Great Act than an good performance who we see many times in the Euro just like did Alex and how the Jury include him on the TOP 10 and Alex in the last place..?? Some countries were undeservedly thrown by the jury to the bottom places, the other countries were undeservedly taken up.

Blue was ending here just becuz, Blue just was gave an aweak performance and they had the Lucky to get many points from the Televoting just cause its fame, otherwise would have finished worse.

Alex did the opposite to Blue (O.K we know that the actitude wasn't the best, but neighter worse) and still making him an injustice ovoius... WTF is this...???

Last edited:

ParadiseES

I don't think Russia and Sweden were so similar. Alex tried to be some sort of Sakis, while Eric took the role of a Britney boy or a boy band style, but singing alone. The song was more POPULAR :lol: and more appealing for the first time
I don't think juries are here to kill Russia, because they were not killed in previous years when they were soooooo overrated, neither Armenia cause that song deserved even a worse punishment or Turkey (there wasn't a big difference between juries and televoting on this one, they just were caught by some songs that were favoured by televoting or juries while they were average in both).
Ukraine did much better with juries last year, so no.

Top Bottom