Contact us

THE FINAL. DISCUSSION

FallenAngelII

And he has a better voice than Azerbaijan voices.
That's because he had is backing singers cover him for large parts of the song.

Azerbaijan had an easy song to sing and was not good vocals while Eric had the best show, he was dancing on an uptempo song and not easy to sing a song like Popular.
Actually, "Popular" is easier to sing. And Saade was off-tune even when he was standing still.

AlekS

Veteran
a bit low for Ukraine! Do you know how many people watched Eurovision in previous years there? what about Russia?
If you say that it's low for Ukraine then you have not a single idea about our channels, shares and ratings :)

JackBauer

Ah eurovision!

I haven't check this thread since the big night but i didn't need to do it to know i would see post about bought votes and the winning song being a copy of a cheap boys/girls band song like every year.Grow up kids, i know the winning song isn't very original but it was well staged and nicely sung by the guy and okayish by the girl and it's not worst than half of the winning songs

And lol at the Danish singer eating that cute black guy face! He looks gay but half of the singers, models, even dudes in the street look gay these days so my gaydar is kind of broken when i just see someone on tv:D
When do guys & fashion designers are going to learn they are more sexy with a costumes or real men clothes rather than with a girly t shirt and a strange haircut?

I know it has nothing to eurovision but we have one year to go to talk haven't we?

PS
Oh i almost forgot that with the result of the Estonian Jury that Azerbaijan got 10 points from televote or maybe 12 or 8 & given that out of the 3 previous Azeri entries Estonia only gave 7 points to the 2009 entry i think you can also dropped the 'but i'm sure Azerbaijan didn't won the televote theory' you already use for Germany last year. But i assure you will be free to use it with the stolen songs & votes theory just after France (wishful thinking i know) or more likely Lithuania will win the next esc final!:D

Centrix

That's because he had is backing singers cover him for large parts of the song.

Actually, "Popular" is easier to sing. And Saade was off-tune even when he was standing still.

That's your opinion and I can accept anyone with his opinion, but I still think that he could have been a better winner. I don't compare his voice with Raphael, Mika or Maya voices, these ones are really great voices, but I compare him with the winners and I prefer Eric and his backing vocals. ;)

Scooby

I think that ranking in Serbia was about 3 millions, but its not official

Joyride

I just read that the ESC was watched by ~ 14 Million (13.83 to be precise) people in Germany ( ~ 50% market share).

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator
My top 10 from the final

1. France
2. Sweden
3. Italy
4. Bosnia
5. Greece
6. Serbia
7. Ukraine
8. Iceland
9. Georgia
10. Germany

AlekS

Veteran
It was watched by 13 million people in the UK while Russia just like Ukraine had the 2nd worst rating ever.
But if Ukraine aired 2 huge TV events in the same time with ESC, in Russia it's hard to explain such figures.

Woohoo

^lack of interest maybe? The Russian singer is not well-known in Russia and his song flopped on airplay chart..

Why should you say about our ratings without knowing the subject? :?
:?

So i'm not allowed to express my opinion here? :?

FallenAngelII

That's your opinion and I can accept anyone with his opinion, but I still think that he could have been a better winner. I don't compare his voice with Raphael, Mika or Maya voices, these ones are really great voices, but I compare him with the winners and I prefer Eric and his backing vocals. ;)
There's a difference between opinion and fact.

Opinion = "I prefer"
Fact = "X singer is better than Y singer"

In the 2nd example, you're making a statement which can be quantified by how in-tune they are, how adept they are at switching between octaves and by their timbre, etc. Eric Saade is, hands down, inferior to Ell & Nikki, even if Nikki was shaky at times.

AlekS

Veteran
^lack of interest maybe? The Russian singer is not well-known in Russia and his song flopped on airplay chart..

:?

So i'm not allowed to express my opinion here? :?
If it's about bringing down someone's country - no, you're not allowed :mrgreen: :p
Why do you say things (meaning them as a fact) about our ratings without knowing the subject? :?

wolf

Does someone know what song was played during the review of all the songs after all the performances were finished? It really was a great song, but I can't find the song's name... It would be great if someone here knows which song it was..

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Does someone know what song was played during the review of all the songs after all the performances were finished? It really was a great song, but I can't find the song's name... It would be great if someone here knows which song it was..

If you meant the one with all of the postcards:

Must say fantastic choice on the EBU's part. Really suited the video well and it's even boosted this songs popularity as you can see in the comments. Great song xheart

Last edited:

Centrix

There's a difference between opinion and fact.

Opinion = "I prefer"
Fact = "X singer is better than Y singer"

In the 2nd example, you're making a statement which can be quantified by how in-tune they are, how adept they are at switching between octaves and by their timbre, etc. Eric Saade is, hands down, inferior to Ell & Nikki, even if Nikki was shaky at times.

The fact is reality and the reality is relative. A forum is for opinions and I just said my opinion, my objuective opinion. Maybe Eric is inferior to Ell & Nikki... maybe, but I can't see Ell or Nikki or both of them singing better than Eric the song Popular. I don't know your reason to hate and to judge your representant in this way, I say again that I liked him and for me it could have been a much better winner.

AlekS

Veteran
Yes, in my opinion this year's tv ratings in Ukraine are kinda low considering the population and how big Eurovision is there. Besides, you admitted yourself that they were the 2nd worst Eurovision tv ratings there. ;)
6 million people isn't rerally low rating for Ukraine considering the population and how big ESC is there.
Yes, it was the 2nd worst ESC rating (considering that 3 biggest shows of the year were aired in the same day -> not a big deal) still in general it's pretty high rating ;)

Sabiondo

6 million people isn't rerally low rating for Ukraine considering the population and how big ESC is there.
Yes, it was the 2nd worst ESC rating (considering that 3 biggest shows of the year were aired in the same day -> not a big deal) still in general it's pretty high rating ;)

Spain also had an raking of 6 millons of pepole who was watching the ESC final and had almost the same population of Ukraine and isn't had worst raiting.

Top Bottom