4 2.2%

5 2.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

elanyvx

This year, Slovenia has already confirmed that it will participate – will we choose our representative through EMA again?

- Yes, we are going with our national final, οnce again!

hijirio

Veteran
Actually EMA is a very strong NF but I don't know why they always end up with a mediocre entry. There should be a reform in the voting system.

elanyvx

Actually EMA is a very strong NF but I don't know why they always end up with a mediocre entry. There should be a reform in the voting system.
about LPS, the voting system is not guilty.
The band was first for televoting (then the Slovenian people complain about the failures in Europe), and in second place for the jury. The second place in the televoting was for BQL with a difference of 710 votes.
The voting system (jury + televoting) is also used in other countries, the problem is who is voted and not by whom or how.

hijirio

Veteran
about LPS, the voting system is not guilty.
The band was first for televoting (then the Slovenian people complain about the failures in Europe), and in second place for the jury. The second place in the televoting was for BQL with a difference of 710 votes.
The voting system (jury + televoting) is also used in other countries, the problem is who is voted and not by whom or how.
Then there should be a reform in Slovenian people's music taste
Open letter to Slovenia: Fix your taste sis

These two could have easily qualified in SF1 last year

elanyvx

The winner of Popevka 2022 is Mia Gucek (with televoting)

The expert jury chose the band Gedore

Last year's winner Raiven sings Volkovi with Gregor Štrasbergar

EscGeek

Veteran
Mia Guček finally got the respect she deserves.xyes
I loved her at EMA, loved her at MMS (Melodije morja in sonca) & I loved her at Popevka x12points

I wanted Amaya to win, but let's save that for a contest that really matters ;):mrgreen:

Mainshow

Veteran
I really enjoyed some of the Slovenian winners in recent years.
Unfortunately, "Disko" won all of a sudden and the absolutely dreadful and ridiculous "Amen" happened in 2021 but that's not a reason to cancel the whole national final, imo.

Anyway, if cancelling a national final leads to submitting a well-established artists with a competitive song, I can support it, for sure.

I'm curious to get to know their entry.

Apparently, they are about to record it in Hamburg, Germany.

Mainshow

Veteran

Slovenian national broadcaster RTV Slovenija has announced their pick for the Eurovision Song Contest taking place in Liverpool next year. Meet... ‘Joker Out’.
Loved by local critics and gig-goers alike, Joker Out (Bojan, Jure, Kris, Jan, and Nace) are extremely popular in Slovenia, dominating the charts for a number of years.

RTV Slovenija said the decision to opt for an internally selected act this year was not a hard one to make when presented with the opportunity of working with one of the most successful and exciting bands in Slovenia.

Joker Out's entry for the 67th Eurovision Song Contest will be presented to the public in a special show on Saturday 4 February next year.

Primarna.jpg

The boys see Eurovision as a big challenge and an exciting opportunity:
‘All members in the band are big fans of the Eurovision. It is our wish to perform there for some time now, but we were waiting for the right moment. Although we are young, the fast progress of our career has brought us loads of experience, motivation and creative energy: we are ready for this challenge. Regarding the style of music present at the Eurovision Song Contest – we need to say that it is well past being defined or limited to just one genre. We are staying true to our distinctive Joker Out sound, no matter where and when we perform.’

LivingOrganism

Well, it's nice to get more eurovision news this early, but I'm not too excited about this one. Heard this song from Joker Out (not their ESC song) and it kind of reminds me of last year's Bulgarian entry, which is far from a good thing.

Sammy

Veteran
Great choice from Slovenia! No - they‘re not at all like Maneskin and they‘re also not like Bulgaria last year. The mere fact that they are compared to both of them proves how wrong these comparisons are. :ROFLMAO:

Top Bottom