5 2.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

rasmuslights

Veteran

I'd be very surprised if they aren't at EMA next year.

they're easily the most popular band in slovenia rn and will win easily. + the lead singer has been EMA host this year and was in esc jury in 2021.

Mainshow

Veteran
I hate to read about them debating weather to compete in Eurovision or withdraw from the competition.

I mean.... Slovenia submitted "Hallelujah" and "Disko"...what did they expect?

I hope they will go back to submitting something unique and fresh to Eurovision like Hvala ne and Sebi.

Looren

Veteran
I bet on Omar Naber trying to come back, he always represents Slovenia after a Ukraine win :lol:

Well I loved his last entry, it was a massive pile of cheese xheart

rasmuslights

Veteran
I honestly think we might go internal this.

EMA was not confirmed and usually, it would be by now.

+ the announcement of ema always came together with the announcement of participation, this year this was not the case..

if it comes to an internal selection:

i think either amaya/july jones/joker out/mrfy/raiven will be selected.

elanyvx

I honestly think we might go internal this.

EMA was not confirmed and usually, it would be by now.

+ the announcement of ema always came together with the announcement of participation, this year this was not the case..

if it comes to an internal selection:

i think either amaya/july jones/joker out/mrfy/raiven will be selected.

It could be an internal selection as you say, also because for EMA Fres you have to start much first with the applications and then there are the various steps to get to the "young" finalists.

Option 1: national selection without semi-finals but only final
Option 2: internal selection (with artist and song)
Option 3: no EMA Fres, two semi-finals and a final show

rasmuslights

Veteran
It could be an internal selection as you say, also because for EMA Fres you have to start much first with the applications and then there are the various steps to get to the "young" finalists.

Option 1: national selection without semi-finals but only final
Option 2: internal selection (with artist and song)
Option 3: no EMA Fres, two semi-finals and a final show

yeah ema fres is gone for sure.

EscGeek

Veteran
I wouldn't rule out internal selection, but only because there are some political tensions within RTVSLO at the moment.

I don't know what exactly is going on, but the news reporters want more freedom and independence. It all started when our previous government gained power. Now full grown adults who are coworkers can't get over their political differences because of a few party poopers with big egos.

I guess that's also why withdrawal was on the table, although i'd really like to believe it was triggered by sheer embarrassment of our latest entry, but i doubt it.

Imagine Amaya back though.. xlovexbow

elanyvx

I looking for dates from last year, when the Slovenian broadcaster opened registrations for EMA Fres and EMA 2022.
From 8 October to 22 November, so theoretically it is still early. But last year RTVSLO confirmed its participation in Eurovision immediately, together with the EMA 2022 selection, this time only the participation at ESC 2023.

Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

Honestly I liked Disko, but as always when Slovenia has a song I like they mess up the staging... As I stated earlier on this Forum, the only time RTVSLO matched perfectly song, singer and staging in Eurovision was in... JESC 2015 and, guess what, they came third with Lina in that JESC... After that 7 years of "good song, bad staging" or "bad song with good staging" in ESC... This is why Slovenia falls down the order every single f*****g year.

Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

I looking for dates from last year, when the Slovenian broadcaster opened registrations for EMA Fres and EMA 2022.
From 8 October to 22 November, so theoretically it is still early. But last year RTVSLO confirmed its participation in Eurovision immediately, together with the EMA 2022 selection, this time only the participation at ESC 2023.

Maybe they will send Klemen Slakonja with a Medley song... 😅😅😅 That man is hilarious (and he will be a great Eurovision host, too... But isn't gonna happen because, come on! We are talking about Slovenia! One of the biggest underachievers of all time in the competition...)

elanyvx

In the latest article published by RTVSLO on the Liverpool issue, the conclusion is this:

"Slovenia will also have its own representative in Liverpool. It is not yet known who and how it will be chosen".

Top Bottom