20 10.1%

15 7.5%

16 8.0%

15 7.5%

48 24.1%

• Total voters

blue00eyes

Re: RUSSIA 2018

The Day is almost over and nothing has been announced yet..
He is going to release new songs :p

Anyway I would love Russia to send rock entry, I am impressed by Nargiz or Daria Stavrovich, Nargiz is first on my wishlist from :ru:, second is Nyusha.. :ru: 2005 was underrated

Realest

:ru: 2005 was underrated

I Think Russia got a deserved Position. The Problem is that :am: :az: and :ge: didnt participate which means a Loss of about 28-32 Points. The fact that even their Diaspora in Israel and Germany didnt vote and the only Points came from their Neighbours including Moldova reflects the Quality of this entry :D :D

John1

tuorem

Don't mind my post, it's highly unlikely but:

I still dream of Alsou returning with an ethno-inspired ballad in tatar similar to her "Tugan Tel" album. "Solo" didn't reflect her enormous talent and amazing voice imo.

Give me a piece of that and Russia gets my twelve points!

I'm aware that Russian comebacks are nonexistent (except Dima Bilan), but the fact she's been involved in Eurovision several times (as participant, host, spokesperson and jury) makes me hope she'll be given a chance to beat her second placing in 2000. As they've recently sent big stars like Gagarina and Lazarev, they could consider her profile as well.

Give her a soulful ballad (not "A Million Voices", thanks) that's either in Tatar or Russian, then let me get ready for the slayage xheat

Chorizo

What, no Yulia? :eek: Certainly a trustworthy and respected country like Russia wouldn't just blatantly lie about sending her... xrofl3

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Relax please, it's only July/August, no broadcaster thinks about ESC during the summer.

Realest

Russia didnt broadcast ESC17 so they should sit out an other year.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Russia didnt broadcast ESC17 so they should sit out an other year.

That rule has been abolished many years ago.

QwaarJet

ESC Moderator

Anyone who thought she was actually going is so gullible, that I bet they believe e-mails from Nigerian businessmen.

Russia had a plan, and it played to perfection. She had her use, now she is done with. Disgusting, but not unexpected.

John1

Some rumours are being spread by Wiwibloggs regarding a comeback from Sergey.

esc87fan

I'd rather not have Sergey again, once was enough. I couldn't stand him nor the hype over his song last year!

ScarlettGirl

Wait, I thought Yulia was going to represent Russia in Portugal?? I am so confused xstars
(I would not mind a comeback from Sergey though, but maybe with a song that is more like "7 Wonders"? Idk, I think he has a really good voice nevertheless :) )

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

Time to bring it back!

No, it would not make any sense now, because it would be anachronistic.. It made sense in the 90s, when a lot of countries wanted to participate in ESC, but since there weren't semifinals and only about 25 countries were accepted to compete, there had to be some sort of "selection" among the potential participants, so broadcasting the previous year's edition was a good requirement (together with the actual results obtained in the years before) for those countries that wished to participate. But now, with the semifinals every country is able to take part in ESC and there's room for everybody, so I don't see why broadcasting the previous year's edition should be again a requirement to compete.

Chorizo

No, it would not make any sense now, because it would be anachronistic.. It made sense in the 90s, when a lot of countries wanted to participate in ESC, but since there weren't semifinals and only about 25 countries were accepted to compete, there had to be some sort of "selection" among the potential participants, so broadcasting the previous year's edition was a good requirement (together with the actual results obtained in the years before) for those countries that wished to participate. But now, with the semifinals every country is able to take part in ESC and there's room for everybody, so I don't see why broadcasting the previous year's edition should be again a requirement to compete.

Wasn't the rule only dropped to allow Italy to return to the contest in 2011?

If a country decided not to broadcast the contest for political reasons, like Russia this year, the rule would punish the broadcaster by forcing it to stay out for another year. The rule would encourage the broadcasters to participate every year. Sounds fine to me.

GianlucaTomoe

Banned

1) Wasn't the rule only dropped to allow Italy to return to the contest in 2011?

2) If a country decided not to broadcast the contest for political reasons, like Russia this year, the rule would punish the broadcaster by forcing it to stay out for another year. The rule would encourage the broadcasters to participate every year. Sounds fine to me.

1) No, other countries before 2011 were able to withdraw and then return to ESC without broadcasting any of the previous years' editions, like Monaco, Slovakia and Hungary.

2) But why? The countries have to be free to do whatever they want with their participation.

blue00eyes

If a country decided not to broadcast the contest for political reasons, like Russia this year, the rule would punish the broadcaster by forcing it to stay out for another year. The rule would encourage the broadcasters to participate every year. Sounds fine to me.
How do you prove the reason was politics?
No contestant, no interest, just like :pl: 2012, 2013

Realest

How do you prove the reason was politics?

Russia was forbidden to break Ukraines Law so they refused to broadcast ESC. Thats pure Politics, like everything Russia did to this years contest.

Top Bottom