20 10.1%

15 7.5%

16 8.0%

15 7.5%

48 24.1%

• Total voters

blue00eyes

Re: RUSSIA 2018

Russia was forbidden to break Ukraines Law so they refused to broadcast ESC. Thats pure Politics, like everything Russia did to this years contest.
They didn't broadcast because their singer was out, that's not political, it is just the lack of interest to broadcast the contest with no Russian singer performing. Many countries don't show ESC when they got no representative, like Italy in the past or Slovakia now..

randajad

Veteran

Whoever it is, just let it be a good song and good performance, and le me is happy.

Chorizo

How do you prove the reason was politics?
No contestant, no interest, just like :pl: 2012, 2013

Honestly, I would be okay with any kind of rule that keeps Russia away. I would approve a rule that says "Every country in the European Broadcasting Area is allowed to participate unless that country's name is Russia". :D

blue00eyes

Honestly, I would be okay with any kind of rule that keeps Russia away. I would approve a rule that says "Every country in the European Broadcasting Area is allowed to participate unless that country's name is Russia". :D
That's russophobia lol

RomanFromRussia

LOL at experts who posts here that Russia is the only country that brings politics to ESC.

1944 was a song without political background?
Jurors from eastern Europe really disliked YATOO much enough to place it 25th? Okay with one of them, but when every juror from the country?
What about Armenia and Azerbaijan bitching about each other?

And yeah, quality control? What is quality? Tell me more...

At least Russia is one of some countries made performances that can bring songs to a new level. Russia is one of the countries that cares about the results. (Hello Spain and Germany)

Realest

LOL at experts who posts here that Russia is the only country that brings politics to ESC.

1944 was a song without political background?
Jurors from eastern Europe really disliked YATOO much enough to place it 25th? Okay with one of them, but when every juror from the country?
What about Armenia and Azerbaijan bitching about each other?

At least Russia is one of some countries made performances that can bring songs to a new level. Russia is one of the countries that cares about the results. (Hello Spain and Germany)

Noone said that Russia is the only Country who brings Politics in the Contest. I think here weve complained enough about Armenia ans Azerbaijans Political Juryvotes.
And Jamalas Song was a historical One, thats the Truth. But the russian press claimed it to be political to have an excuse for their loss and to see their Country as a victim of a political Voting what has neven been. According to that Logic for example the 5 Juries from Germany who put Cyprus on 25th voted politically against Cyprus because it is impossible for 5/5 Juries from the same Country to hate the same song.

And only because other Countries bring politics into the Contest, it doesnt Justify to do the same for Russia. What Russia and only Russia and not Ukraine did this year was a new Level and probably the most disgusting even worse than the Flagincident from Iveta or the pointannouncement from Sirusho 2009 for example. How C1 damaged the Brand Eurovision with their political game lead to a loss of reputation of the tournament, a loss of 20 Mio Viewers because People got sick of the political reporting of their local Media, a loss of 200K Euros for UA:pBC for being unable to influence ukrainian Law and not being pleased but resist this dirty game and so on.

And about quality..."Shine" is definitely no Quality that Justifies Belarussian and Azeri Juries to put in on first place, but of course those Juries voted only for the songs and not for the Country lol. And nearly every year Russia gets better position than it deserves because of benefiting by their friends and Diaspora so they dont have to complain if some countries dont like their songs and dont give them points.

RomanFromRussia

Noone said that Russia is the only Country who brings Politics in the Contest. I think here weve complained enough about Armenia ans Azerbaijans Political Juryvotes.
And Jamalas Song was a historical One, thats the Truth. But the russian press claimed it to be political to have an excuse for their loss and to see their Country as a victim of a political Voting what has neven been. According to that Logic for example the 5 Juries from Germany who put Cyprus on 25th voted politically against Cyprus because it is impossible for 5/5 Juries from the same Country to hate the same song.

And only because other Countries bring politics into the Contest, it doesnt Justify to do the same for Russia. What Russia and only Russia and not Ukraine did this year was a new Level and probably the most disgusting even worse than the Flagincident from Iveta or the pointannouncement from Sirusho 2009 for example. How C1 damaged the Brand Eurovision with their political game lead to a loss of reputation of the tournament, a loss of 20 Mio Viewers because People got sick of the political reporting of their local Media, a loss of 200K Euros for UA:pBC for being unable to influence ukrainian Law and not being pleased but resist this dirty game and so on.

And about quality..."Shine" is definitely no Quality that Justifies Belarussian and Azeri Juries to put in on first place, but of course those Juries voted only for the songs and not for the Country lol. And nearly every year Russia gets better position than it deserves because of benefiting by their friends and Diaspora so they dont have to complain if some countries dont like their songs and dont give them points.

Btw im not against Russia, but very neutral.

First of all, in 2015 one latvian juror said that placed Russia 25th due to political reasons. Of course there is such background among russian mass-media. It would be less fuss like that if juries could give points from 1 to 12, not to place every song from the 1st to 25th.

Secondly, there is no any proof that Russia did it in order for this incident. (I also believe in that). But it is also the consequence of controversity of song 1944. Song about Crimea is being sent to ESC after Crimea was annexed by Russia. Oh, really? I like the song itself, but it was on a borderline (like with Armenia in 2015).

As for the quality, send shit - do shit.

Realest

First of all, in 2015 one latvian juror said that placed Russia 25th due to political reasons. Of course there is such background among russian mass-media. It would be less fuss like that if juries could give points from 1 to 12, not to place every song from the 1st to 25th.

Secondly, there is no any proof that Russia did it in order for this incident. (I also believe in that). But it is also the consequence of controversity of song 1944. Song about Crimea is being sent to ESC after Crimea was annexed by Russia. Oh, really? I like the song itself, but it was on a borderline (like with Armenia in 2015).

As for the quality, send shit - do shit.

That one Jury doesnt change the fact, that Jamala won based on Music. And thats what the russian Press didnt want to accept so they started with political Conspiracys. Polina got high Points from many Western Juries (f.e. 7 from our) while Sergey got 0 from the Same 1 Year Later because of his Average Song (He was 18th here).

And the Fact that the Russian Delegation didnt appear to any Delegation-Meeting beforce the Contest and the Fact that they didnt book a hotel months ago in the opposite to other delegations is proof enough. And only because Russia as only Country doesnt accept 1944 to be historical, it doesnt justify to ensure Consequences.

RomanFromRussia

That one Jury doesnt change the fact, that Jamala won based on Music. And thats what the russian Press didnt want to accept so they started with political Conspiracys. Polina got high Points from many Western Juries (f.e. 7 from our) while Sergey got 0 from the Same 1 Year Later because of his Average Song (He was 18th here).

And the Fact that the Russian Delegation didnt appear to any Delegation-Meeting beforce the Contest and the Fact that they didnt book a hotel months ago in the opposite to other delegations is proof enough. And only because Russia as only Country doesnt accept 1944 to be historical, it doesnt justify to ensure Consequences.

Oh well, people can accept something as historical, not the countries. A lot of people were happy with Ukraine winning and Russia being placed in top-3, but even though song was historical, choice of 1944 was already a conservative move. From the start it was clear that mass media were going to discuss this song as a song with a political background just because it was sent in 2016, not in 2013 or any different times from the events we all know.

Chorizo

You think Russia brings quality to Eurovision? They usually send unbearable outdated trash pop or sickening phony peace songs meant to distract from Russian politics. What they did this year should be reason enough to ban Russia for at least ten years. They are just allowed to participate because the EBU is after the Russian money. Otherwise Russia would have already been banned like its little buddy Serbia, which had to sit out a few years due to war crimes. When you have money, the EBU doesn't care about such things, of course.

At least I can agree on Russia bringing things to a new level. Too bad that level is deep in the underground.

RomanFromRussia

You think Russia brings quality to Eurovision? They usually send unbearable outdated trash pop or sickening phony peace songs meant to distract from Russian politics. What they did this year should be reason enough to ban Russia for at least ten years. They are just allowed to participate because the EBU is after the Russian money. Otherwise Russia would have already been banned like its little buddy Serbia, which had to sit out a few years due to war crimes. When you have money, the EBU doesn't care about such things, of course.

At least I can agree on Russia bringing things to a new level. Too bad that level is deep in the underground.

Or in other words I dislike Russian entries :rolleyes:

LalehForWD

I usually like the Russian entries, enjoying the considerable effort put down in every aspect of their act (Dima Bilan being the big awful exception). They're simply in it to win (just like we are) which I think earns both respect and support. What it pins down to regarding Russia's ESC participation, is the obvious connection to Putin and the risk of degrading ESC to a propaganda spectacle in case of a Russian win. Whether they like it or not themselves, the Russian act become a symbol for the Russian regime in a much higher degree than anyone else. That really is disqualification to win due to political reasons. Are the Russian delegation are aware of that? I think they are. I also don't think this situation will change in the foreseeable future. So what to do about it? One thing would be to have a national contest with public votes to select the act. Another perhaps a ESC delegation which have clear distance from the Russian government.

Chorizo

Or in other words I dislike Russian entries :rolleyes:

I liked the entry from 2010 but it's hard to find people who agree with me on this. In 2012, it was at least funny. So I'm not saying I dislike the Russian entries every year.
The rest of the decade looks pretty dire, though.

RomanFromRussia

I liked the entry from 2010 but it's hard to find people who agree with me on this. In 2012, it was at least funny. So I'm not saying I dislike the Russian entries every year.
The rest of the decade looks pretty dire, though.

I really want russian broadcaster to stop sending safe-entries and start to send something unique like this

But people there are living in the past.

Chorizo

I really want russian broadcaster to stop sending safe-entries and start to send something unique like this

But people there are living in the past.

I'd be happy if Russia sent a song like this. I cannot comment on the lyrics but the song sounds fine to me.
The problem with the Russian entries is that they tend to be unbearably cheesy ballads or pop songs combined with cheesy staging and often an ulterior political motive. Furthermore the Russian Eurovision entries usually don't have anything to do with genuine Russian music. These songs are only produced for Eurovision in a style of music that (at least most) people don't really listen to in real life.
I don't doubt that there are many talented artists in Russia. They just don't appear at Eurovision because Russia rather sends someone who sings about peace - or worse, like this year.

I already said in the past that I liked Lost and Forgotten because it's not in the typical Russian Eurovision style. I'm actually surprised it's hated so much. :D

RomanFromRussia

I'd be happy if Russia sent a song like this. I cannot comment on the lyrics but the song sounds fine to me.
The problem with the Russian entries is that they tend to be unbearably cheesy ballads or pop songs combined with cheesy staging and often an ulterior political motive. Furthermore the Russian Eurovision entries usually don't have anything to do with genuine Russian music. These songs are only produced for Eurovision in a style of music that (at least most) people don't really listen to in real life.
I don't doubt that there are many talented artists in Russia. They just don't appear at Eurovision because Russia rather sends someone who sings about peace - or worse, like this year.

I already said in the past that I liked Lost and Forgotten because it's not in the typical Russian Eurovision style. I'm actually surprised it's hated so much. :D

Russia acts like a scorewhore at ESC, I hope victories of Salvador and Jamala will change their minds at least about language at ESC.

Chorizo

Russia acts like a scorewhore at ESC, I hope victories of Salvador and Jamala will change their minds at least about language at ESC.

I'd welcome it if Russia sent modern and cool songs in Russian instead of the usual old cheese. Better proper Russian than bad English with a "message".

RomanFromRussia

JZTHeaxqz28.jpg

At September 25 Olga Buzova releases her new single "Not enough for me", who knows maybe we'll see her at ESC and she will slay us all xheat xheart

Top Bottom