Maybe not tonight

Love is…
Love is…
Love is…

Love is on my side
Maybe not tonight​

Last edited by a moderator:

Jho

I enjoyed the FDC the most in all its length, and DMGP and EestI Laul not so much. But I am listening to their winners now. Sometimes it’s better to have a shitty lineup and one obvious winner than a great line up with one standout shitty song.
We get it, you hate the song :rolleyes:

Romeo

Why does Portugal hate music?

Ezio

Veteran

ekzuu

I actually like this. It's a decent entry, soothing and listenable for me. I can actually listen the full song and enjoy it, I like the instrumentation, voice and slow pace. Lyrics are a bit weak though. And it's too slow for Eurovision. But still, well done. I'm not gonna put it on, but if it's on I can listen to it. Prefer this to Denmark and Italy for example. 6 points from me.

Ezio

Veteran
Have I slept on it? I don’t know what that means
You have missed the best national selection in Eurovision history. Quality canceling each other out ultimately leads to tragic results.

ESC94

Well, what can I say about :pt: 2021?? :unsure:

I like it more than their entry 2020 and I kinda like his voice, but after one minute the song loses me. I think this entry is better suited as background music in a cocktail bar than for the big ESC stage. I also find it sad that :pt: sings in English for the first time after being loyal to their official language for such a long time.

Since it´s not bad I give them :5:, but I can´t see them qualifying for the final to be honest. :(

rasmuslights

Veteran
It's a shame that literally my last place one, that being said this is still quality and I do respect it. Won't be among my favourites tho and I doubt it will qualify, it's very not eurovision, but not in the right way as Hooverphonic or Maneskin, but in a way that it's going to flop:(

hawadharma

LOL this year is funny :ROFLMAO:

I expect strange results in upcoming NFs as well

John1

omg yeah ok i don't like on my second relisten and i hate the fact that :pt: sent a song fully in english breaking this ~56-year-long tradition of native language. i'm so sorry sweetie, but it ain't going anywhere

FilipeGolias

I also find it sad that :pt: sings in English for the first time after being loyal to their official language for such a long time.
One can say that it's the exception that confirms the rule.

We'll still send way more entries in Portuguese than not, but I think it was important to break that glass ceiling and kinda show to national artists making music in English that they have a real chance. That despite what was believed, neither the jury nor the voting public frown upon English-sung songs, if they have quality in their composition and performance (tastes aside).

Granted, I would've preferred to break that tradition with an outstanding song, but alas...

i anixi

The only sad thing are people like you whose only contribution to a discussion is attacking people for not sharing your opinions or whatever... do you call this response constructive? xshrug I don't understand your need to jump on me in different threads like what did I do to you personally really? I have the right to express my thoughts in here like everyone else, no need to make it personal... it's a discussion forum right? My opinions matters as much as anyone else's... if you can't take it just ignore it, there's an ignore button for that if you feel I repeat myself and it hurts poor you... I suggest you'll use it ...
You seem to have swallowed some recorded sentences on two or three subjects in infancy and come here year after year to vomit them without ever managing to get rid of them. Your own countries (Sweden and Denmark if I'm correct) go English every single year, but Portugal has to be the sacrificial lamb and be stuck with its native language for ever...
I'm all for native languages myself, always have been, but hey, we've won in our own tongue now, we proved it still possible, we are entitled to some freedom right now and do just as we please just like everybody else, don't we?
It so happened that the two best songs in the selection were in English, so what?
I'm very proud of my country being able to get rid of its cobwebs and for once get away from senseless prejudices.
I'm sure we'll go back to Portuguese soon enough and when it's properly justified, don't you worry.
I know the song is not being so well received as I'd like, but I'm glad anyway that we are not sending a whispering song based on murmurs all over again.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
After watching all the performances on the Festival da Cancao's youtube channel, I got to say almost of them sound really good. There isn't a bad performer. Well done Portugal!

Having said that, this is my ranking based on the last night's performances:

1 - NEEV - Dancing in the Stars: I really like the staging. It's so simple, love how they play with the lights. Definitely elevate the song for me.
2 - Joana Alegre - Joana do Mar: I really like the song, my favourite from the NF. The staging improved more but not enough.
3 - Karetus & Romeu Bairos - Saudade: My second favourite song from the the NF. A solid performance.
4 - Sara Afonso - Contramão: I was surprised how much I like it. The staging definitely created the atmosphere that captured the mood of the song. Love the play of the lightings. I don't know why I can't even remember this song from the semi. but last night's performance elevated it for me.
5 - Pedro Gonçalves - Não Vou Ficar: I like the song because of the synths influences too. But he is the weakest vocalist of the night unfortunately though I still enjoy the performance.
6 - The Black Mamba - Love is on my Side: While I don't really like the song, but the staging is really well done and the performer did a good job. So I can see why it managed to edge out as the winner.
7 - Valéria - No Mais Profundo Saudade: Personally, the best vocalist of the night. But too bad the song is not doing anything at all.
8 - EU.CLIDES - Volte-Face: I really like the song in studio form, but the non-existent staging pretty much is the best form of self-sabotage.
9 - Carolina Deslandes - Por um Triz: Don't get the hype of the song at all.
10 - Fabia Maia - Dia Lindo: There isn't going much and the song is just meh.

And also, can I say, Elisa sounded great! I hope she will try again next time.

Top Bottom