Contact us

New Online Contest - Discuss

SRBIJA

Banned
As much as I think we do need another contest, I don't really support any of the ideas listed in first post. As someone already pointed out, they could make a good spin offs but I don't think any of these could run smoothly for a longer period as contest on its own. I hope someone else will come up with something interesting and refreshing. xshrug

SpZ

I do however support weird and wacky ideas as Anything/Film Contest

Ditto.

However, I somewhat see there an existing problem as well. NSC WaLi is decreasing, but it still has around 20 people. And at now, it is the esc low season. So i think it could be fine at now, but will get worse during the spring (as it always does)

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
More than a week since the last post in this thread, the discussion is dead. No rhyme intended This could probably be a hint towards the fact that the market is saturated by the contests we already have; people aren't too interested in creating a new one. Heck, the NSC WL is even shrinking, Worldvision has reduced the number of semis (afaik), so we really do not need another contest for the sake of it. :rolleyes: Imho. I'm just afraid of reaching the state of the-forum-which-must-not-be-named when it comes to underpopulated contests.

I do however support weird and wacky ideas as Anything/Film Contest :mrgreen:

Almost 150 posts indicate that there is definitely interest especially considering this is the slow season. Of course we don't just open new contests because one person suggested it.

The fact is that people are interested in a new contest, I get messages all the time but as mentioned before, having different variations or the existing ones are kinda silly and not really needed IMO.

A lot of good suggestions and input out there and TBH honest, I really like the idea of trying a different approach and do movies instead. So I am definitely leaning towards that. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but it is something completetly different and those who only worry or care about music obviously don't have to take part. As said, creating another contest should not drive people away from the existing ones and a Video contest would definitely stand on its own.

My concern was that having a quarterly contest may be too long of a wait but we can't expect people to watch a bunch of movies in a short period of time.

So having short films may be the way to go. At least we can give it a shot and see if it'll take off and if not then at least we can say that we tried something different and didn't just created another song contest.

dogmeat

Shouldn't this thread be moved to the new contests subforum? :p

Nothing has been posted here for a few months and I just suddenly felt enthusiastic about the film contest!
I see Matt likes the idea and if there are, say, 10-20 people interested, then we might start a more detailed discussion in a new thread?

Please say anything if you are interested.

Matt

Admin Schmadmin
Staff member
Feel free to do so. Once you have outlined the basic rules, I'll be more than happy to create a new Sub-Forum for the contest.

Carrie

I've always thought a yearly contest sounded fun, taking place like actual Eurovision. Makes it a bit more special.

Top Bottom