Nee, nee, nee, nee
Jou niet laten gaan

Hier in de diepte hoor ik steeds maar weer je naam
Oh mijn lief wat moet ik nou
Ik zit diep en ik wil jou niet laten gaan​

Last edited by a moderator:

Ezio

Veteran
There is a lot of handwriting (riggory) visible from the Head of Production, a Dutch with an unpronounceable name.

Netherlands getting the best possible draw in its half and getting the big announcement as last qualifier. I mean, really queen? Out of all countries, the Netherlands as 10th? That was kinda anti-climatic and a vanity move.

A-lister

Veteran
Congratulations on qualifying, my second overall fav (after Ukraine) this year and one of the strongest Dutch entries from the last decades xcheer

Ezio

Veteran
I'm so proud, literally cried and was captivated by the performance. I'm still shook. Thank you so much S10! xheart

Can I say that 10 years ago, when we got our 8th NQ in a row, I never ever expected to have 7 qualifications, including one victory and one 2nd place, 1 year of hosting and just 1 NQ in the next 9 contests, that's amazing
And you won the Head of Production.

0scar

And you won the Head of Production.

xshrugI agree that S10 got a favourable starting position, I didn't like that a Dutchman could decide on the Dutch starting position either, but De Diepte would have qualified anyway would be my guess. I don't get what the Netherlands being announced last has anything to do with "riggory".

I feel proud of our entry, for the first time in 20+ years there is Dutch in the grand final. Please, let us be happy about that without these comments that taste a little bit salty tbh

Ezio

Veteran
xshrugI agree that S10 got a favourable starting position, I didn't like that a Dutchman could decide on the Dutch starting position either, but De Diepte would have qualified anyway would be my guess. I don't get what the Netherlands being announced last has anything to do with "riggory".

I feel proud of our entry, for the first time in 20+ years there is Dutch in the grand final. Please, let us be happy about that without these comments that taste a little bit salty tbh
You should be proud of course. Netherlands is consistently overperforming, but they are now also a country in power behind the scenes. It's the Head of Production who decides running order and qualifier announcement order. NL and SWE can now rely on their executive backbone.

I think the host country should have more executiive power. I feel like RAI doesn*t have a lot to say despite being a Big 5. I am already bored by the graphics. They just exchanged the background colour for once.

ArmpitOfEurope

Im a bit dissapointed by this. Indifferent staging and she lowered the tone?
She moved me when she got emotional but this could have been a contender for the trophy, its my fav song this year.

And she drawed 1st half :mad:

Last edited:

akoz

I was sceptical about performance after rehearsals and was ready to much worse but she did her best tonight and it was pretty good. Studio version is my first place and only song with winner vibes this year, live version is slighty worse but I think 5-10 place in the final is achievable.

Franzilein

I love how simplistic her entire performance is. Not only the backdrop and her movements on stage, it even reflects in her outfit. Minimal make-up, plain hairstyle, no high heels, but white sneakers, all black clothes... I am a fan. You go girl xlove

midnightsun

Veteran
This songs was my siblings' favourite yesterday (along with Ukraine). None of them listened to any of the songs before. I'm happy that she was received so well in my family. It was of course my favourite too yesterday. She will fight for my #1 in the GF, given that Ochman qualifies.

It wasn’t her best performance but I think she can even do better in the final now that her tension will decrease. I don’t share the belief she got a preferred spot because a.) in my opinion there is no preferred spot and even if there was, why should this be #8? 8 is just as good as 7 or 9. And b.) since she had such a simple staging there was no need to put her in a certain spot which requires time for preparing the props. Most of the spots were pretty much determined by this.

Calling her last was also logical because it was an odds favourite vs. a fan favourite. A very calm song vs. a very loud song. Who should have been announced last instead?

Bobjan FR

Idk why, but Laura Pausini shout "AU......" just before, i was thinking "ups, she wanted to say "austria, no" ? (no)

I'm a bit disappointed with the live, and someone i know that saw this told me the same thing. So i had a doubt for her after the 9 first qualifiers were announced.

Shadowfuxcs

This won me over during during the semi and eventually it was probably my favourite act despite the staging being non-existent. I've been living in the Netherlands for a few years now and I've literally never seen a Caucasian Dutch person letting out emotions like this.

Last edited:

Laepo1

The studio version is great, my favourite this year and I listened to it on repeat for days. The live version was unfortunately not so good.. but I'm still ecstatic that it went through.

crashworld

Veteran
The ESC staging does no favour to the song to be honest. It didn't enhance it. But thank God it also didn't destroy its chances. Imagine if they have done what they did with the lasers from that TV show performance. It would be sublimed. I was so nervous for her, at one point, I really thought she is going to NQ. Thank God she didn't. She is my number 2 this year.

Top Bottom