7 4.9%

16 11.2%

• Total voters

Sean

Admin
Staff member
26. LATVIA - Laura Rizzotto - Funny Girl

26-LATVIA-850x491.png

Read the "Expert" Panel reviews and vote in the poll here!

Do #YOU agree with our views on Latvia? What's your opinion? Share your review of the Latvian entry below and we'll feature the best across the main site!​

Iker

Veteran
Re: LATVIA 2018

Ugh, really? IOTAP The amazing Madara third and that horrendous song first? :? I would have been happy with Sudden Lights or Ritvars, but of course the worst song won. 0 points. I haven't liked a :lv: entry since Cake To Bake. #MakeLatviaGreatAgain

Congrats on having no musical taste whatsoever. :? xhelp

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
Re: LATVIA 2018

Congrats on having no musical taste whatsoever. :? xhelp
Congrats on not seeming to understand the concept of taste being entirely subjective and that there is no such thing as a universally good or bad song. ;) Cake To Bake is hardly a masterpiece, wouldn't even say I love it... but it's the last Latvian entry I even remotely liked. xshrug

Kairit

She is a really, really great and confident performer. Her performances are my favourite out of all the contestants, really, even if the song isn't my favourite. She can create a really compelling and convincing atmosphere along with the song, so I think this has a fair shot to qualify.

Alaska49

i haven't liked a single latvian entry between their victory and cake to bake lmao i guess tsste really is subjective if people thought all of that garbage they used to send was good

Geborgenheit

26. LATVIA - Laura Rizzotto - Funny Girl

The last 26th place ? Oh dear, I hope at least for 12 points from Portugal. And some points from Italy, if Laura will manage to persuade Italians that she is part Italian. :)

mauve

Veteran
Quite in the beginning, Latvia was even in my top 10. But step by step, it fell out of it because there were just other songs with more individuality that kept my heart. She is not bad, just the competition is too big this year.

aef

I really don't know how exactly this happened but yesterday this smashed out of the nowhere right into my top 10! :lol: :lol: xshrug

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
DONA DO MEU CORAÇÃO i hope the empty staging is not affecting her performance negatively, she knows how to deliver

mauve

Veteran
I really liked her in the beginning, but the song unfortunately faded very soon. It's not bad, but they are stronger entries this year.

megzpegz

It's a nice inoffensive song, I just don't think it stands out enough to do really well.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Here are our initial thoughts and impressions from the Latvian rehearsal, take a look!

aef

I absolutely LOVE her vocals, she truly deserves a qualification! (like basically 80% of all songs this year haha)

Milos-BC

Not as good as some of the other (and more recent) Latvian entries but it's still interesting in it's own. She is spot-on vocally as well. I would love to see her in the final.

5 points.

Lietuvis

I wanted Madara to represent Latvia, but what's done is done. Good luck braliukai! I hope all three Baltic states can meet in the final! :)

Top Bottom