12 8.4%

10 7.0%

6 4.2%

9 6.3%

7 4.9%

16 11.2%

• Total voters

Fluke

I get what they were trying to do and they didn't really get it. This is what happens when someone who doesn't understand jazz music tries to write a "jazzy song", it relies on a cliche set of chord changes with no proper development which is very fundamental to "real" jazz music. Of course they're trying to imitate the jazz-influenced trip hop of Portishead and whoever, but even as that it comes out below the mark. Great singer though, but she seems lost in this song.

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
Laura reminds me of Janine and the Mixtape. Her performance has that vibe. 7 points for now, maybe it will grow. I would've prefered Esamiba to be honest. This feels more generic than that and I'm not entirely sure on Latvia's qualifying chances.

Ezio

Veteran
Isnt this from the latest Fifty shades of Grey soundtrack? Honestly, not bad. 6 points

Alaska49

i have now recognized that the reason i love it so much might be because both the lyrics and her delivery of them both hit very close to home

i mean, guy looks at a girl while i am right there (wondering if he was into guys or not)? literally happened tonight. what was i thinking? the same as laura, clearly.

Sean

Admin
Staff member
Wqzio0F.jpg

New life achievement: Made it onto Latvian television

Geborgenheit

Latvian journalists have found out that Laura Rizzotto is a grandgranddaughter of Herberts Cukurs:

Herberts Cukurs (17 May 1900 in Liepāja, Russian Empire – 23 February 1965 in Shangrilá, Uruguay) was a Latvian aviator. He was a member of the Arajs Kommando, which was involved in the mass murder of Latvian Jews as part of the Holocaust. He never stood trial, however, though there are eyewitness accounts linking Cukurs to war crimes. He was assassinated by operatives of the Israeli intelligence service (Mossad) in 1965. The Mossad agent "Künzle", who killed Cukurs, and the journalist Gad Shimron wrote a book, The Execution of the Hangman of Riga in which they called Cukurs the "Butcher of Riga", and the term was later picked up by several sources..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herberts_Cukurs

Kairit

Well I accept Esamiba losing, because I do like Funny Girl. It's not one of the more special entries, but it's one of the stronger entries. It's effective at least, dramatic and has a nice instrumental, even though I don't think the melody is that great or memorable, especially the chorus which could've been a lot better, and personally I don't really connect with it. It's also all kind of reminiscent of Aminata with the red theme and the darker atmosphere (albeit doesn't reach her level) and it could turn to that even more, depends on what they'll do at Eurovision. Nevertheless this has potential for really killer staging, but I hope it'll differ from 2015 enough. However I doubt it could do anywhere near as well as Aminata.

Dodiih

Re: LATVIA 2018

She was my 3rd choice actually. Didn't mind it, very 50 Shades of Grey to me, but... but... Madara... Sudden Lights... I cri evritim :(

Though it was my winner, I did get 50 Shades vibes when I first listened to the song. I thought I was the only one :)

Chorizo

It's an okay song but not that special. I give it 6 points.

hawadharma

This song reminds me of....... "That drip drop, drip drop, Drip drop, drip drop" - but with more soul..
And the phrase "Funny Girl" is very relatable.. 8 points for you dear :lv:

MyHeartIsYours

Really quite like this, sounds a bit Bond-ish to me :cool: No need for the bit waving your head about tho hun.

12 points to Latvia, not listened to all the songs yet but could quite possibly be my favourite at this stage! :D

marcumo

What an amazing pick, Latvia!

She's clear, knows how to perform really well and has a bit off James Bond vibe in the background. This is my Top 5 this year.

Ana Raquel

OM Mod
Staff member
29792630_10208718073349427_3918611183141126144_n.jpg

A brazilian newspaper wrote about Laura and said she's representing latvia in the finals

europe please don't let it turn into fake news

aef

I somehow started liking the chorus... but I still hate the whole song! I see a small chance of qualifying though

Top Bottom