Set me free
Set me free
Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

Etanna

I love this song - it's fun and cheerful, there are ethnic elements, yet it sounds contemporary and Eden's voice is just amazing.

The only thing I wasn't fond of at first was that it felt a bit disjointed. It feels like every few seconds the song completely changes. I've gotten used to it now and I like it as it is but I worry viewers might find it difficult to get into it at first.

It's a good song, though, and I'm excited to see Eden perform it in May xheartxheya

Fluke

So-so, i loved "Feker Libi" and this is just less distinctive, more "normal" and contemporary, but a upper half placement seems possible, a really good performance might lift it.

tuorem

"Set Me Free" is... okay? I didn't know what to expect after reading the outcome of the selection was like a cold shower. I haven't heard the other options though, so maybe that's why...

With that being said, being okay is - more often than not - not enough at Eurovision. Eden will have to put on a hell of show to make up for it imo: as a standalone, it sounds pleasant enough but once the entire semi one is known, I highly doubt it will leave a permanent trace on people's minds among the other anticipated uptempo acts.

Even if I had issues with Feker Libi (especially that europop chorus), it seemed less generic to me. The beat is cute, Eden's voice works great, it's catchy for what it is... But I personally expected more. The business-as-usual high note and the key change are kinda cringe and unnecessary, too bad the song ends on that note because it doesn't do the climax justice and it leaves a lazy/half-baked aftertaste.

Good luck to Eden, I look forward to her pretty face giving us a feel-good performance. That she can do, cause it's no winner, and unlikely to be a favourite of mine either.

I'll give Israel 6 points for now.

Stargazer

Mod of All Things
Staff member
There's nothing likeable about this for me, I'm afraid. Boring melody, song sounds like every other song of this style (which I don't like to begin with). I'm sure there will be worse songs this year, though so that's saving it from getting a zero.

LontraCanadensis

Welp, I don't think we're likely seeing Israel make it to the final this year. Heck, even last year I was really unsure of "Feker lebi"'s chances, but that at least had some sort of flavor going on. Easily the biggest downgrade in quality out of any of the selections this year. It really does just feel like a 3rd placer from You Decide. Nothing about it stands out other than the fact that it's lucky enough to have Eden at the helm to maybe save it. It makes me feel nothing but disappointment to listen to something so bland and nondescript, especially since Eden had something much more fun, bombastic and interesting last year (even if it amounted to just saying "I Love You" x 100). But ,yeah, disappointment is the most anything this entry can inspire. :/ :3: points

Il conte di Montecristo

Song that has a Middle Eastern flavor. I liked it. It is fresh and cheerful. The downside is that it's nothing new. For the moment, without thinking about making comparisons and ranking, I would give it a 7.

0scar

Nothing compared to Feker Libi but I like Set Me Free as well, probably my favourite at the moment. I didn't really get the hype around 'Ue La La' honestly, Set Me Free was the best option between the three

Il conte di Montecristo

Welcome! I read "Il conte di Montecristo" when I was younger! Fantastic book! :D
Thanks for the welcome, Mauve. You are very kind. If I could, I would have responded with a reverent hand kiss.

Alexandre Dumas is one of the most talented writers that exist. Not only his works but also his life is no less: he was the son of General Thomas Alexandre Davy de La Pailleterie "the black devil" and father of the homonymous Alexandre Dumas, who wrote "La Dame aux camélias". I am glad that you have had the opportunity to compare yourself with the works of Dumas.

crashworld

Veteran
You guys (not just here but the overall fandom) are being really hard on and critical of "Set Me Free" while the same basic songs from Croatia and Cyprus got the love. This is like the minuscule version of Tix winning. The favourites didn't win so let's "hate" on the winning entry.

I can't wait to see Eden and Israel proving every detractor wrong and get a great results for this song.

Anthony Tesla

This is competent, but bland.

I loved last years' song SO MUCH, it was a top 5 for me. And I feel so bad given all that happened since last year. But... man, this feels beat, tired and ordinary. I just forget about it the second it finishes.

4/12.

midnightsun

Veteran
Feker Libi was playing with all kinds of styles and genres, had unexpected moments and a lot of energy.

Set me free is basically... nothing. It’s probably the most middle of the road standard US pop song I‘ve ever listened to in Eurovision. Early Britney and Christina vibes, hello 2000s. It would have had a small chance in ESC 2013-15 maybe but this year it feels really out of place within the variety of songs we already have.

What a pity. I liked Feker Libi.

hzalfa

I get some of the criticism, but I think people are being WAY too harsh on this. It's currently my 5th place and my second-favourite female bop of the year so far after Cyprus. I don't think it's going to do amazingly, but it's very much a possible qualifier.

Top Bottom