Set me free
Set me free
Harmony
Don’t let me down
Just set me free​

Last edited by a moderator:

RainyWoods

Croak-kay
The song that to most of us felt dead on arrival, still dead after its revamp and that actually needed the jury wildcard to reach the top 3 in the first place is suddenly the overwhelming public favourite with 71.3% of the votes 🙌 It's a Hanukkah miracle, Baruch HaShem.

C235D8F86C1188812315760664576_35abe167bb9.1.5.9941596976519546077.mp4.jpg

HayashiM

Veteran
The song that to most of us felt dead on arrival, still dead after its revamp and that actually needed the jury wildcard to reach the top 3 in the first place is suddenly the overwhelming public favourite with 71.3% of the votes 🙌 It's a Hanukkah miracle, Baruch HaShem.

I guess it could be explained by a lot less people voting in the first round, when this was not on tv yet?

opinionsigotem

This isn't setting anyone's world alight but Ue La La made my ears bleed (literally the worst song of the season) and I don't remember the other one so can't say I'm super bothered.

4 points and struggling for the final

crashworld

Veteran
Set Me Free and La La Love are on Spotify now.
Added Set Me Free to my Spotify playlist. It's still the same version, so I'm hoping a revamp version will come soon.

Last edited:

empo21

Veteran
lol at these results

As a big Ue La La defender, I actually kinda want to believe these results. I feel like they'd give us closer %s if they were rigged (or KAN got too carried away spam voting for Set Me Free).

Also the fact that there were barely 43k votes cast for an online voting is surprising. Seems like both Israel public and Eurovision bubble had no interest and maybe majority of the votes came from NF viewers.

grazy2266

Oh I expected more than this really, I don't know why I feel underwhelmed by this song, I think a revamp is needed.

crashworld

Veteran

From what I have read, "Set Me Free" was the no. 3 song in the televote results for the selection of the final 3 songs, so it's not like it doesn't have fans. It just happened to be also a jury-picked song.

Plus, the viewers voted based on the 9 demos. "Set Me Free" got the most "drastic" revamp out of the 3, coupled with Eden's recording and music video (which seems like a lot of people thought it's the best one out of the 3), which explains why it managed to edge out the other 2 in the final round?

But I do agree the final televoting results are really surprising. Perhaps the online community & international fans are very vocal about their preferences for the other 2 songs and the Israeli viewers do actually prefer "Set Me Free".

To all those dismissing Israel's chance of qualification:

I have managed to view whatever youtubers' reaction videos for the songs. It seems like those who have only seen "Set Me Free" on its own and didn't listen to the other 2 songs really think the song is good enough. So I do believe the song has a greater accessibility to the public as the general comments on the song is that it's catchy and very contemporary. Therefore, an ordinary ESC viewer will see "Set Me Free" on its own and not have the other 2 songs to compared to.

In addition, while I do agree that the song could be generic/basic (or whatever you all want to call it), but let's not forget Eden is a great performer/vocalist. And we have yet to see the staging and what songs her competitors are bringing to the game.

And also, there are many times where basic/average pop songs did well in the competition eventually even when the initial reaction is lukewarm. Prime example is Cyprus 2019. "Fuego" is just as basic as it comes. Did anyone actually expect Eleni is going to be a hot favourite to win the competition when the studio cut was released? It was only apparent after the actual 'live' rehearsal/performance that people went crazy for it after the staging and Eleni's performance elevated the song. Therefore, I do believe "Set Me Free" does stands a chance to do well if the staging is done right and if Eden is able to bring her energy to the song (which I know she will). A little revamp to the song may help too. So I wouldn't write off Israel's qualification chances.

Last edited:

crashworld

Veteran
After a week, Israel had slid to the bottom of the odds. For sure a revamp is urgent

The odds are just showing who is likely to win the contest. And we all know this song is never going to win. While we haven't even got the remaining 39 songs, I don't think there is much to worry. They just need to focus to get the staging right. A good revamp won't hurt, but I lowkey don't want to become Czech Republic 2020 while the revamped version is worse than the original one.

ESCREGION

Ok it wasn't my favourite song among the 3 but it doesn't mean that its' not a good song!! :8: well done :il:

Neo

This is quite good. Fitting parts (so difficult), great production, interesting details and decent singing.

It just doesn't grab me the same way last year's Feker Libi did. :7:

Top Bottom