11 5.4%

44 21.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Iker

Veteran
Everyone has different taste. No judgement on you hating it from me. I think this song will be one of those rare ones that makes people go "woah" or "I love it" or just "this is noise". But it will have a 50/50 split. So some will love it and some hate it. Which could be a good thing

Well ... I for once love a lot of music that for others would be just ''noise'' and I do listen literally to a genre called noise too. Gnaw Their Tongues was the most extreme artist I've listened to from those. I can't say it was ... a pleasure to listen but it definitely left a big impression on me.

Sabrewulf238

Ireland in Top 10 in the odds now! xfaint

It's interesting to me how we're Top 10 in the odds to win the whole thing but only 9th in the odds to qualify out of the semi. You'd think there'd be at least a little bit of a correlation...

By the way Bambie Thug was just on the Late Late Show and they did a slower ballad version of Doomsday Blue on the piano, it was really beautiful.

Cathan

It's interesting to me how we're Top 10 in the odds to win the whole thing but only 9th in the odds to qualify out of the semi. You'd think there'd be at least a little bit of a correlation...

By the way Bambie Thug was just on the Late Late Show and they did a slower ballad version of Doomsday Blue on the piano, it was really beautiful.
Because the bookies stupidly put Ireland at 2.2 to qualify initially (about 40%) which had Ireland below Australia and Azerbaijan, let that sink in for a second, which has meant Ireland had a mountain to climb for their odds to reach anywhere near where their winning odds are. Since then their odds have increased to 67% and still shortening. The issue is there isnt much money in the market at this point so it's going to be difficult for Ireland's odds to correlate with their winning odds with such a handicap to start with but I suspect come rehearsals when much more money is in the market there will be more correlation in the Q odds.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
Interesting enough for all those who think this wont get jury support.

Based on Eurojury so far, if the juries were voting in the SF and those jury results are a reflection of Eurojury then Ireland would finish top 3 in the SF behind only Croatia & Serbia :ROFLMAO:

I mean, it's not really a relative transition though. Last Year France, UK & Norway were all top 5 with the eurojury but ended up right side with the juries at Eurovision, and Estonia the reverse. Just examples but i wouldn't get too carried away.

I don't think this will get big jury support, history would show that. Doesn't mean it would get nothing though, there will be some juries that will be into this. I know a lot of people are convinced this is easily qualifying and it would be great if you guys did, but given how poor RTE are at staging and their love of self sabotage i'm not convinced myself. Just have to hope Bambie is able to insist on her own vision and get it how she wants.

Sabrewulf238

I just read someone saying on Reddit that an artist called Qbanaa pulled out of this years Eurosong at the last minute, this was their song apparently:

It seems Next In Line was a last minute replacement for them. Did anyone else hear about this?

Cathan

I mean, it's not really a relative transition though. Last Year France, UK & Norway were all top 5 with the eurojury but ended up right side with the juries at Eurovision, and Estonia the reverse. Just examples but i wouldn't get too carried away.

I don't think this will get big jury support, history would show that. Doesn't mean it would get nothing though, there will be some juries that will be into this. I know a lot of people are convinced this is easily qualifying and it would be great if you guys did, but given how poor RTE are at staging and their love of self sabotage i'm not convinced myself. Just have to hope Bambie is able to insist on her own vision and get it how she wants.

It's okay to say this wont get big jury support. What you cant say though is that it's based on any evidence.

Contrary to popular belief but in recent year's Ireland haven't really had much issues with their staging, bar probably 2021, the issue has been that they've sent garbage to the contest, It is easily qualifying.

ClassifiedCat

I just read someone saying on Reddit that an artist called Qbanaa pulled out of this years Eurosong at the last minute, this was their song apparently:

It seems Next In Line was a last minute replacement for them. Did anyone else hear about this?
The first part is true. Next In Line was not the replacement, they most certainly were fast-tracked. I don't know which but one of Isabella/JYellowL were the replacement, I think it may have been JYellowL?

Cathan

Apparently it was due to either the death or diagnosis of a loved one. NIL were fast tracked so the replacement was either Yellow or Isabella, I suspect it was the former as the way Isabella spoke in her interview she doesnt sound like someone that was added last minute.

MopManMoss

Veteran

I remember this rumour doing the rounds around the time of eurosong, hope it's not true there's nothing even vaguely Irish about the entry

ClassifiedCat

I remember this rumour doing the rounds around the time of eurosong, hope it's not true there's nothing even vaguely Irish about the entry
It is true, I can confirm it as it is on the panel. I couldn't give a toss about whether an entry needs to be "vaguely Irish" or not, I care about a good song, and for me I really enjoyed this one. I personally don't even really care if the artist is Irish, but she's Irish. High quality artist.

She performed a version of the song on Other Voices, can't find the full clip but there was this:

MopManMoss

Veteran
It is true, I can confirm it as it is on the panel. I couldn't give a toss about whether an entry needs to be "vaguely Irish" or not, I care about a good song, and for me I really enjoyed this one. I personally don't even really care if the artist is Irish, but she's Irish. High quality artist.

She performed a version of the song on Other Voices, can't find the full clip but there was this:
I care deeply, Irish culture is important and Eurovision is one of if not the greatest platform for showcasing cultures, we have sent nothing but bland identify less music for a long time I'm not begging for tin whistles and fiddle de dee bullshit

Irish culture was put down and shamed for centuries it should be promoted, nothing is Irish about Latin sounds

Top Bottom