10 4.4%

12 5.3%

53 23.2%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

aef

I still think this will be a NQ. But hey, prove me wrong. The odds for this are totally useless either way, it won’t come top 10, let’s be real for a second.

Pencissy

I've no idea what Ireland's place will be in final, but in semi no way this is not gonna be top3 for real.
Lets do a sanity check: is there any positive possibility Finland to be end up higher in semis than Ireland? No way.

Zeus

This will ether flop extremely hard or finish top 5 in the semi and get a nice televote score in the final.
So, the positive scenario it is. I predict top 3 in the semi and 130+ points from the televotes in the final. Juries won't give it much love though.

Objectively, :az: & :pt: were the best songs for me this year, but I'm ready to jump on the :ie: hype train if that live performance goes as hard as the rehearsal snippet promises us.

Paco Roca

Ireland's journey surprised me. Bambie Thug in the studio audio version was strong, in the NF it was close to amateur, in the video interesting but a little shaky, in the preparties it was solid and now... In the rehersal Bambie Thug brought to the stage what I had hoped for since first day! He brought darkness and evil to the stage! :love: Seeing this staging I see everything that "Fulenn" wanted to give but he couldn't. I don't think Ireland will win because it's a very divisive song (so Swedish fans will sleep easy) but I think a top 10 can be mathematical. When Ireland abandons Coca Cola adverts or bad copies of U2 songs it may surprise us!

MopManMoss

Veteran
I find the whole crown the witch thing very self indulgent but having seen the whole performance leaked on twitter I am absolutely blown the fuck away, to think it is only a year ago that I was at semi 1 pretending not to be irish because of how embarrassed I was by the golden cameltoe Morrisons roast performance

Jupiter

Only press I followed so far is german news site ESCKompakt, and 4 out of 4 people had Ireland as a fave after the first dress rehearsal. Only country to be loved by everyone xheart

Cathan

The tv feed was leaked on twitter and all I'll say is

Holy f**king sh!t, still have to remind myself that this is IRELAND were are talking about.

I would be shocked if Ireland isnt NOT top 3 in the SF at this stage.

HarryUK

Veteran
Does it actually say ‘crown the witch’ on the LED at the end? Seems a bit odd if so…

Rocket man

The tv feed was leaked on twitter and all I'll say is

Holy f**king sh!t, still have to remind myself that this is IRELAND were are talking about.

I would be shocked if Ireland isnt NOT top 3 in the SF at this stage.

I've seen it too. Holy fuck. Bambie Thug is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The artistry, the camera shots, just everything.

0scar

With the risk of being Negative Nancy haha
This is amazingly staged, especially the first minute. It got good camera angles, it's paced properly, it has a clear artistic view, it is a moment. I would be surprised if this fails to qualify, it is qualifying for sure. Best Irish effort in years, honestly.

But towards the end it gets too much for me. Too weird, too quick, too much happening, too extreme, too intense. The song still isn't for me so I guess that has something to do with it but yeah I was lost after the 2 minute mark.

Still: kudos to Bambie!!! It is really, really well thought through, and visually stunning, and it is qualifying for sure. Maybe even top 3 this semi?

Flamenkax

In the swimming pool, always stayin' cool
Saw the leak in Twitter, and yeah this staging is spectacular, especially when you keep in mind last year's golden bulge lukewarm water-music. Their place in GF is undeniable. Thus said, i wouldn't be THAT sure about qualification. It can rise up high and have a path like Go_A's in 2021 (the song that people worries about not making the cut but being THE sensation during rehearsals and then finish quite high thanks to a better televote than expected before), or fall down like Blanca Paloma last year (the song loved by fandom and preceeded by a real hype but too weird, too scary, too risky or arty)...

Let's be honest, i'm much more expecting the first story, but you never know.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
My opinion on the song aside, this staging looks absolutely phenomenal. Easily the best from Ireland i've seen in all my years following Eurovision, by a long long distance. I dare say RTE played little to no part in this and this all the work of Bambie and her team. I don't think it's even in question they deserve a spot in the final.

theditz83

Veteran
My opinion on the song aside, this staging looks absolutely phenomenal. Easily the best from Ireland i've seen in all my years following Eurovision, by a long long distance. I dare say RTE played little to no part in this and this all the work of Bambie and her team. I don't think it's even in question they deserve a spot in the final.
Agreed. Bravo :ie: - you deserve your spot for this vision xup

I also cannot wait to see my mum's WTF face tomorrow when this performance goes off :lol:

Top Bottom