13 10.0%

10 7.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

SAYAY

where is that information coming from?

https://twitter.com/isrbreaksrules/status/1764394348278661402?s=46&t=hrUZWnlgXAN63uvJbIKT4A (there has been several videos/photos posted like this on twitter apparently, but since I dont have an account there myself I had to take this link that someone shared on reddit in this thread)

https://twitter.com/denzeldimare/status/1764632046373126324?s=46 (latest "update")

MopManMoss

Veteran

First Round

1. Bashar Murad - Wild West: 47,663
  2. Hera Björk – Scared of Heights: 32,067
  3. Sigga Ózk – Into the Atmosphere: 30,709
  4. VÆB – Bíómynd: 29,383
  5. ANITA – Downfall: 24,600
Superfinal
  1. Hera Björk – Scared of Heights: 68,768
  2. Bashar Murad – Wild West: 49,832

MopManMoss

Veteran
3340 votes is pretty rough would probably be easier to take by Bashar if it wasnt so close, if there were genuine irregularities then this margin is going to cause RUV issues

crashworld

Veteran
Blame the system, don't blame Hera for winning.

I don't follow Iceland's NF closely, but isn't this the format all along, where 2 songs are in the super final?
I don't recall people making so much noise about the supposed anti-voting in the past editions.

MopManMoss

Veteran

I don't follow Iceland's NF, but isn't this the format all along, where 2 songs are in the super final?
I don't recall people making so much noise about the supposed anti-voting in the past editions.
I mean people have been complaining about superfinals across various Eurovision NFs for years and years but if you want to pretend otherwise go ahead

Hera won, the people of Iceland made their choice. I have always found superfinals odd but especially for Iceland because there are so few songs in the final to begin with, I think it is merely a fairly transparent revenue source for RUV rather than serving any real function.

crashworld

Veteran
I mean people have been complaining about superfinals across various Eurovision NFs for years and years but if you want to pretend otherwise go ahead

Hera won, the people of Iceland made their choice. I have always found superfinals odd but especially for Iceland because there are so few songs in the final to begin with, I think it is merely a fairly transparent revenue source for RUV rather than serving any real function.

I am aware people were complaining about superfinals. But was there discussion specifically for anti-voting, I genuinely don't recall or perhaps I just didn't bother because I don't follow NF that closely. All I can recall is there were conversations on how pointless it is and it's just a quick money-grab for the broadcasters, since the performers don't even perform a second time for these "superfinals".

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
It's always the case in super finals that a chunk of people end up voting against a song rather than for one they prefer. This case is nothing unique to Eurovision. Sometimes it changes the end result, sometimes not.

MopManMoss

Veteran
I am aware people were complaining about superfinals. But was there discussion specifically for anti-voting, I genuinely don't recall or perhaps I just didn't bother because I don't follow NF that closely. All I can recall is there were conversations on how pointless it is and it's just a quick money-grab for the broadcasters, since the performers don't even perform a second time for these "superfinals".
Anti voting has always been the core issue for most people with superfinals, for me its always just been broadcaster greed/financial desperation and the fact they are generally just quite pointless.
Does the superfinal exist for any reason other than to provide ETV with another source of money

Stina

I don't follow Iceland's NF closely, but isn't this the format all along, where 2 songs are in the super final?

We do here. This happens all the time. Like when Reykjavikurdætur clearly had the public like Bashar does in the first round but then lost to Systur in the final two. Or the year we ended up sending Ari Olafsson.

But the anti vote also isn't black and white. I do know this time some people absolutely voted for Hera as a straight up anti vote. But you can't ignore also that it looks like the votes for the 3 acts that didn't make the final ALL went to Hera. And to be fair four of the five songs in this final were very similar in so many ways.

But I was surprised that it was only about 3000 votes between the two in the final considering how confident they were that the app issue didn't play a role. BUT it's also clear that the majority of voters, in the end, wanted to send a generic Icelandic entry that wasn't going to qualify to the final. And it's not the first time we do that.

crashworld

Veteran
But to be fair though, the broadcasters would need to find ways to fund their delegation for the competition. I can see why they decided to do a superfinal (as pointless as it is) just so they can have additional funding in case the grants they got from the government may not be enough. And this is one of the easiest way to get additional funding.

Is it detrimental for the results, perhaps? But seeing that this isn't going away, I guess the only way Iceland could do is to up the numbers of superfinalists so they can minimize the anti-voting.

empo21

Veteran
For every anti-vote there was a pro-palestine vote so in the end, it balanced out. RUV is claiming that the number of people affected by the issue wouldn't have made a difference had their voting worked. Since the margin is only ~3K votes then the affected devices must have been quite a low amount.

crashworld

Veteran
For every anti-vote there was a pro-palestine vote so in the end, it balanced out. RUV is claiming that the number of people affected by the issue wouldn't have made a difference had their voting worked. Since the margin is only ~3K votes then the affected devices must have been quite a low amount.

We will never know since I doubt RUV can truly identify how many devices were impacted.

And also, how many votes can one person vote on per device though?
Imagine if it's 10 votes per device, that would translate like 300 odd devices, which aren't that many.

han-g

We will never know since I doubt RUV can truly identify how many devices were impacted.

And also, how many votes can one person vote on per device though?
Imagine if it's 10 votes per device, that would translate like 300 odd devices, which aren't that many.
20 times so 150ish devices💀. Iceland clearly wants all the nf attention on them this year.

Top Bottom