13 10.0%

10 7.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Mainshow

Veteran
No they said they would discuss it with the artist who won.

That's what I've read as well - but honestly, it would be such a horrible move to not participate/let Hera fly to Malmö since she explicitly mentioned that she would like to represent Iceland this year.

If :is: still decide to not take part or send someone else instead, they shouldn't be coming back next year either, imo.

Rocket man

Well done Iceland for resisting the temptation of playing politics to get your first win at Eurovison. Iceland has produced some great music especially for a country of their size, they don't need to possibly win Eurovision like that.

Anyway, that aside, their winning entry this year is really bad. Potentially the most dated, old-fashioned entry in this years contest so far.

Sammy

Veteran
And as always in these discussions we see the basic simplification throughout social networks:

someone wanted Bashar to win (for whatever reason) - look an anti-semitic
someone wanted somebody else to win (for whatever reason) - look a xenophobe

is it so difficult to understand that the world is not black and white?

so tyring tbh….

han-g

That's what I've read as well - but honestly, it would be such a horrible move to not participate/let Hera fly to Malmö since she explicitly mentioned that she would like to represent Iceland this year.

If :is: still decide to not take part or send someone else instead, they shouldn't be coming back next year either, imo.
I'm not sure they should be banned, but they should definetley have to pay a fine and internally select Hera next year.

crashworld

Veteran
Wait I am confused with this line
"RUV will decide if this spng will represent Iceland in Malmo in the next upcoming days"

I thought they said they would leave it to the artist(s) on what they would wish to do? Have I missed something here?

I think it's just semantics? Regardless whether Hera decides she wants to go, RUV is ultimately going to relay the official confirmation to EBU on Iceland's representation for this year. I can only hope RUV is not going do anything funny behind-the-scenes.
It will be good if Hera decides to go, so we have 2 mature women in the contest (with Spain).

Last edited:

Ajeje Brazorf

RÚV Is being really hypocritical this year: we will not participate if Israel Is in, we will participate even if Israel Is in the lineup, we will decide this with the selected artist, we will decide on our own... Just be clear on your position, dear RÙV: you are in or you are out!

If they step back now I will feel sorry for Hera even if her song is not "Je ne sais quoi".

MopManMoss

Veteran

RUV are investigating the claims of some Icelandic people that they couldn't vote for Bashar during the superfinal

They have said that if there was a problem that the scale of the issue wouldn't have made a difference to the result however

crashworld

Veteran

RUV are investigating the claims of some Icelandic people that they couldn't vote for Bashar during the superfinal

They have said that if there was a problem that the scale of the issue wouldn't have made a difference to the result however

I am sure some nutters will say Mossad was behind this.

SpiritofKeiino

I had questioned a few pages back whether Bashar Murad would really win - with a small voting population, well known local names competing and the fact he was parachuted in, I wasn't convinced he'd win. I do think his song was better than Hera's, but still mediocre.

Judas

FSC Mod
Staff member
Hera Björk was among my favorites back in 2010. It is nice to see her back but she needs a revamp for a qualification.

0scar

I kinda feel for Hera. I mean, people are suggesting lots of different things why she won instead of Bashar, and I feel like she cannot enjoy her victory properly, while she seemed eager to actually go to Malmö. And now it is being discussed in consultation with her if Iceland participates, if she participates, and I sincerely hope she can cope with the pressure of all the forces she undoubtedly has to endure.

None of it is her fault, she entered Söngvakeppnin because she wanted to represent Iceland again, she won for whatever reason but still she won, and now she's stuck in limbo.

SAYAY

I kinda feel for Hera. I mean, people are suggesting lots of different things why she won instead of Bashar, and I feel like she cannot enjoy her victory properly, while she seemed eager to actually go to Malmö. And now it is being discussed in consultation with her if Iceland participates, if she participates, and I sincerely hope she can cope with the pressure of all the forces she undoubtedly has to endure.

None of it is her fault, she entered Söngvakeppnin because she wanted to represent Iceland again, she won for whatever reason but still she won, and now she's stuck in limbo.
I may be one of those who wanted Bashar to win, but I agree with this.

Top Bottom