11 8.5%

13 10.0%

10 7.7%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator

flag-800.png

Gwendal

ChaChaLand (without Ryan Gosling :( emoji sadboi)
COOLBET already uploaded its bets: Iceland, with now 31/1, is around 19th place. Other bookmakers will follow soon
COOLBET is now up to 41/1 and Betfair Exchange to 120/1. It's between 19th and 26th place for now.
Honestly, I'm not that mad about this choice, but I really didn't feel it coming (woo-hoo !). If Hera can manage an ultimate switch to Icelandic, that's for the best (and probably her only chance to get out of the semi)

0scar

Okay well I would have preferred that she participated with Við förum hærra instead of Scared of Heights, Icelandic is something else and the English version is just so inoffensive

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
All that aside, Heras song is not that good at all and there is 0 chance this makes it out of the semi. Bashar definitely had the better song, and iirc in my initial rank I had it higher than Hera. I don't have anything to add because I don't want to get launched into a big debate, but I guess it's a blessing in disguise that months of toxic debate has (potentially) been avoided. I'll give Hera a :4:

marty

Surprising choice. A lot of nostalgia this year in Malmö, but this one is bit too much and she is not a good singer. For sure we will not see Iceland in the final. Sorry for Iceland.

0scar

Oh last comment WHY Iceland did you let go of Fljúga burt that easily

SAYAY

Sadly enough for Iceland, I am old enough to remember when Hera represented them back in 2010 in my backyard with Je Ne Sais Quoi. I really really really loved that song, but Scared of Heights just doesn't do it for me. I am so sorry Iceland, but I really think (politics aside) that Wild West/Vestrid Villt would have been a better choice this time around. :3: xheart But its nice to see Hera again!

MopManMoss

Veteran
Will people now admit they only supported "Wild West" because the singer from Palestine? You can admit it now as he didnt win!
It was genuinely my second favourite of the ten after blankifurs English version, I'm not super pro Palestine or anything I just enjoyed the bass line alot but I don't doubt a good chunk of the support had nothing to do with the song

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
This superfinal being a complete mid off. Hera winning was such a surprise though. Oh well, let's see if she actually goes to ESC.

:5:

LakZaNokte

Good choice Iceland :)

This is the better option. For many reasons.

You don’t need others’ flags. You have your own.

0scar

Hera looks amazing by the way

Anyways, what is the general reaction in Iceland? I read that Hera was one of the few (only?) participant that confirmed she would participate in Eurovision if she won Söngvakeppnin (might be a reason why people voted for her so heavily). Are the full results of the show published? Are people calling for Hera not to go to Eurovision?
I have so many questions I realize now

SAYAY

Hera looks amazing by the way

Anyways, what is the general reaction in Iceland? I read that Hera was one of the few (only?) participant that confirmed she would participate in Eurovision if she won Söngvakeppnin (might be a reason why people voted for her so heavily). Are the full results of the show published? Are people calling for Hera not to go to Eurovision?
I have so many questions I realize now
I think she will go to Malmø

Top Bottom