9 7.4%

14 11.6%

• Total voters

ESC United Mod Team

Super Moderator
flag-800.png

Last edited by a moderator:

ArmpitOfEurope

Whats going on is very sad, and to think that we all thought Greece was back on the right track. What an absolute fiasco.

Nicholas123

Melissa has filed the case officially and asked ERT to pay her 10k € and stop all ESC-related procedures as a precaution.

thumb_ispotan-attention-whore-makeae-i-spot-an-attention-whore-50903264.png

She and her team act in a revengeful way. They know they are not earning shit with these lawsuits, they just wanna cause damage to the greek entry and judging by the flop of Victor in the odds they have achieved their goals.

HL1r7Rz.png

At least i'm glad she won't be loved or famous in Greece after all this drama she tried to create.​

ArmpitOfEurope

She and her team act in a revengeful way. They know they are not earning shit with these lawsuits, they just wanna cause damage to the greek entry and judging by the flop of Victor in the odds they have achieved their goals.

HL1r7Rz.png

At least i'm glad she won't be loved or famous in Greece after all this drama she tried to create.​

Im pretty sure that even without this drama Victor would have flopped on the odds anyway, theres not a single soul that finds that snippet competitive, let alone a potential winner. The big drop started when the snippet was released and not when this lawsuit drama started off. Unfortunately, its not that everyone in the esc betting world cares about Melissa's lawsuit, its that nobody cares about that snippet.

Last edited:

Nicholas123

The fall in the odds started when ALL the top 3 songs were leaked, as none of them was top 10 material even (let's not fool ourselves, Liar is terrible as well). The judicial drama about our entry, making international fans insecure about betting, as they are not even sure if Greece will be able to participate was the final nail to the coffin that made Greece being placed 34th in the odds.

ArmpitOfEurope

The fall in the odds started when ALL the top 3 songs were leaked, as none of them was top 10 material even (let's not fool ourselves, Liar is terrible as well). The judicial drama about our entry, making international fans insecure about betting, as they are not even sure if Greece will be able to participate was the final nail to the coffin that made Greece being placed 34th in the odds.

Liar sounded only Ok to me, but far more competitive than What they say, we would be around 15~22 in the odds with it. Victor has the flattest offering out of the countless male and male band entries we are getting this year, you are telling me that people would have been betting on that snippet without the lawsuit drama? Nah.

Nicholas123

Imo the songs of the greek selection which are either leaked or officially released (like Klavdia's "Holy Water") as for now are all weak-ish so i couldn't care less about which one of them would make our entry for this year. What i'm trying to say is that i'm definitely not supporting Melissa's (or to be more precise the people's who are behind her) legal actions against ERT. Their agenda is pretty obvious to me and it's not about justice at all.

ArmpitOfEurope

I agree about all the entries being weak, and I am not team Melissa, but thats why I am not joining the " hate Melissa coz she may cancel our entry " party either. Im just not invested in this, just sitting back and watching it all being an absolute fiasco

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
I mean... Melissa is getting nothing real out of this lawsuit, other than the fact she's never ever gonna go to ESC - Not from ERT anyway. I don't think she's necessarily in the wrong though to pursue legal action. ERT are the flop here, lets be honest. They're the ones who have railroaded the process to get their preferred outcome with whatever they did. They're the reason the shits hit the fan and now everyone is covered in it. If they kept it a clean and fair process then no one would be kicking off right now because the loss would be fair. I don't get why broadcasters put in place these entry selection procedures, and then manipulate it. Seriously, just pick the person/group you want directly and cut out all the time wasting. All of this is a product of ERTs own making, I don't blame Melissa for taking legal action over it. It's only a shame Victor has all this overshadowing his Eurovision journey.

Deleted member 12761

Melissa may be in the right but if I was an artist I would not start a fight like this with a major broadcaster. Does she not care about her career? They will probably blacklist her after this and probably not just from Eurovision related things. If I was her (or Aidan) I would just work on a better song and try it again in the next year.

empo21

Veteran
Melissa is fighting a losing battle here. Is she doing it for publicity or $$$? Does she expect ERT to select her? Does she think that ERT will magically cooperate with her smoothly for 3 months after all this?

Why is it always the pop-girlies with the guilty pleasure bops that do this 😔

simori95

True, Melissa likely will not be very successful with her lawsuit, but quite frankly I am glad she is doing it (given she is in the right, which is very likely to me but since it's not proven I obv. can't know). ERT brought this upon itself and is also the one that could very easily clear it up. Melissa is not to blame here. Broadcasters do sketchy thinfs occasionally and they ALWAYS get away with it, so I am glad that for once one of them gets a taste of their own medicine. And since Victor (allegedly) wouldn't even have won, I don't think it's fair to say that it's "unfair for his sake" either, because he literally would have lost the selection if Melissa's allegations are correct.

Sammy

Veteran
First time Cyprus won't get Greece's 12 points?
Actually…
1981: Cyprus gave 12 points to Ireland and 6 points to Greece.

1983: Greece gave 12 points to Luxemburg and 0 points to Cyprus.

1985: Greece gave 12 points to France and 8 points to Cyprus, while Cyprus gave 12 points to Germany and 8 points to Greece.

1989: Greece gave 12 points to Austria and 7 points to Cyprus.

1990: Greece gave 12 points to Switzerland and 6 points to Cyprus, while Cyprus gave 12 points to Italy and 6 points to Greece.

1991: Cyprus gave 12 points to Spain and 10 points to Greece.

1992: Greece gave 12 points to Ireland and 10 points to Cyprus.

1993: Greece gave 12 points to Norway and 10 points to Cyprus.

1995: Greece gave 12 points to Norway and 8 points to Cyprus.

1996: Cyprus gave 12 points to Portugal and 10 points to Greece.

2015: Greece gave 12 points to Italy and 10 points to Cyprus, while Cyprus gave 12 points to Italy and 8 points to Greece.

(source: https://eurovisionary.com/frustrations-greece-cyprus-not-exchanging-usual12points/amp/)

grazy2266

Had higher hopes, if that snippett is anything to go by, I reserve my judgement until I hear the full version.

ArmpitOfEurope

Actually…
1981: Cyprus gave 12 points to Ireland and 6 points to Greece.

1983: Greece gave 12 points to Luxemburg and 0 points to Cyprus.

1985: Greece gave 12 points to France and 8 points to Cyprus, while Cyprus gave 12 points to Germany and 8 points to Greece.

1989: Greece gave 12 points to Austria and 7 points to Cyprus.

1990: Greece gave 12 points to Switzerland and 6 points to Cyprus, while Cyprus gave 12 points to Italy and 6 points to Greece.

1991: Cyprus gave 12 points to Spain and 10 points to Greece.

1992: Greece gave 12 points to Ireland and 10 points to Cyprus.

1993: Greece gave 12 points to Norway and 10 points to Cyprus.

1995: Greece gave 12 points to Norway and 8 points to Cyprus.

1996: Cyprus gave 12 points to Portugal and 10 points to Greece.

2015: Greece gave 12 points to Italy and 10 points to Cyprus, while Cyprus gave 12 points to Italy and 8 points to Greece.

(source: https://eurovisionary.com/frustrations-greece-cyprus-not-exchanging-usual12points/amp/)

+ last year, Cyprus's 12 televote points went to Ukraine.

Top Bottom