4 1.7%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

15 6.3%

• Total voters

Mrm

Veteran
Re: GREECE 2018

I really hope Greece will send smth really quality and somebody with good vocals, contrary to Cyprus..

Mrm

Veteran

[MENTION=9441]RainyWoods[/MENTION]

Is Areti Ketime promising to you?

Nicholas123

http://infegreece.gr/eurovision-ert-autoi-einai-oi-oroi-simmetoxis-ston-elliniko-teliko/

Things are getting complicated about the greek entry this year. ERT's appointement with the managers of the selected artsts' record labels is scheduled for tomorrow morning. According to INFE's information, our broadcaster will ask for letters of guarantee of 80.000 euros from all 3 of them! :eek: In case of a negative response by any of them, ERT's going to disqualify them, so by use of common sense, there's not gonna be a NF at all...:lol:
So, what's gonna happen in this case? As INFE reports, there is a plan B, namely a fourth artist, who is very interested in waving the greek flag in Lisbon and in case the NF is indeed cancelled, (s)he is gonna be the one who wil save ERT's lame ass. His/her name is kept secret for now.

A-lister

Veteran

http://infegreece.gr/eurovision-ert-autoi-einai-oi-oroi-simmetoxis-ston-elliniko-teliko/

Things are getting complicated about the greek entry this year. ERT's appointement with the managers of the selected artsts' record labels is scheduled for tomorrow morning. According to INFE's information, our broadcaster will ask for letters of guarantee of 80.000 euros from all 3 of them! :eek: In case of a negative response by any of them, ERT's going to disqualify them, so by use of common sense, there's not gonna be a NF at all...:lol:
So, what's gonna happen in this case? As INFE reports, there is a plan B, namely a fourth artist, who is very interested in waving the greek flag in Lisbon and in case the NF is indeed cancelled, (s)he is gonna be the one who wil save ERT's lame ass. His/her name is kept secret for now.

:eek::eek:

Nicholas123

What a mess! How can the broadcaster demand such an high amount of money from small labels? ERT needs jesus :?

I highly doubt that Jesus is interested in ERT though. :( The official reason for this is that ERT does not wish to be targeted by greek people or press for spending public money.

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Well they just look like bigger idiots by wasting time going through all this process. Even the BBC does a better job than what they have done this year, and that says something. If spending public money is such a faux pas then they should have saved the stress and time and just internally selected. It seems Cyprus is the country who has it together in esc now, between these two countries. xcrazy

Nicholas123

Well they just look like bigger idiots by wasting time going through all this process. Even the BBC does a better job than what they have done this year, and that says something. If spending public money is such a faux pas then they should have saved the stress and time and just internally selected. It seems Cyprus is the country who has it together in esc now, between these two countries. xcrazy

It's not about the cost of the NF, but rather about all the other expenses (tickets, accomodation etc) of our delegation, plus the salaries of other people invloved (stage director, make up artists, stylists).

Well, i never thought i'd say this, but seeing this mess now, i wish ERT had picked Foureira and "Vasilissa" internally in September. If anything, i am a fair person and i give credit where it's due. At least, she and her team had worked and found themselves everything : The song, the choreographer, the backing vocalists, and above everything, the sponsor.

If ERT did not wish to pay a single penny for our representation and if they are lazy ass bitches and don't want to work hard on the ESC project, then Foureira's suggestion would be a reasonable choice. Better with a song like this, than this mess we are dealing with now... :?

znajta

It's ERT what to you expected? ERT is the most clueless broadcaster ever. ERT is so clueless who they will prefer to select Vasilije & Sasha Bognibov internally than Eleni Foureira. Also sadly Eurovision has a bad reputation in Greece in the last years and i guess that's why ERT thinks Eurovision is a waste of money. The reputation is so bad who the most comments about the rumours for Eleni Foureira to represent Cyprus are negative. YES NEGATIVE. And not because she will represent another country but because of the contest & the singer! And the Greek diaspora doesn't give a single damn about the contest & they will not vote for Greece in Eurovision even if we send a masterpiece. I don't think we will send good songs in the next years. We became Ireland 2001-today. I feel ashamed.

JamieBrown

And I just hoped for Ketime to have finally released her slaying entry...

ESCREGION

Most important things after the new meeting today in ERT:
National final moved to 22 february.Also all vocals and all performances will be live and not pre recorded...
Televote 100% and finally thank God it seems that ERT decided to reveal 3 songs on 12 February 10 days before the NF....
About the revelation it's an information that only oikotimes seems to know...none of others sites talks about revelation....We have to wait to know if it's truth or not....
https://oikotimes.com/greece-2018-%f0%9f%87%ac%f0%9f%87%b7-new-date-for-national-final/
UPDATE:There is another blog of a greek eurovision fan who looks sure that songs will be revealed in 12 February...

Nicholas123

Nicholas123

https://www.newsit.gr/melasblog/

The mess of the greek selection continues.
335073193.gif
Negotiations between ERT and the record labels are still on, with the biggest "thorn" being-what else?-the financial issues. ERT has only received two of the 3 songs in their final versions and it's doutbful that the nf will take place on the 22nd of February. Needless to say that we are not gonna listen to the songs this week either, as it was unofficially reported by INFE :(

Areti Ketime posted this on her FB account two days ago :"We, the participants will be lucky if we manage to make the NF happen on the 22nd of this month. Do you guys beleive it's not gonna be a NF? That would be a pity!" (bonus ; the mild bashing of Fotis from Oikotimes to Areti under her comment xrofl2).

I am posting this and take it with a grain of salt (because this information comes from a member on a greek forum). The only entry that is in jeopardy right now is indeed Ketime's because Spicy Records seems reluctant to pay those 20.000 euros needed. The reason is that there is a big tension between the label and the composer of Areti's song.

However, Spider Music's manager, Evanthia Magni (she represents "Chorostalites"), who has been very active by posting on INFE's and OGAE's pages, wrote yesterday that greek NF will definitely take place with all 3 finalists and there is no plan b about another artist who is gonna be sent to Lisbon internally. :mrgreen:

Meanwhile, all artists continue with their rehearsals. Here is an interview of the 3rd finalist of our NF, Yianna Terzi. She has been the most "quiet" one, all this time, but she finally decided to take action and promote her song. Everyone can watch it as there are english subs.

A-lister

Veteran

EscGeek

Veteran

can't you just internally select one of NF losers? Many of them,(their managers or whatever) have money xpopcorn

Mrm

Veteran

can't you just internally select one of NF losers? Many of them,(their managers or whatever) have money xpopcorn

Yes, fantastic idea. xlove xheart

Pick Charla K from Norway, Gerli Padar & Elis Parna from Estonia, Madara from Latvia or Indigo from Slovenia if they loose in their NFs..

:mrgreen:

Top Bottom