4 1.7%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

15 6.3%

• Total voters

ESCREGION

Nicholas123

Re: GREECE 2018

Ketime is singing about the sun, whereas Kyriaki Derempei about the "red moons". Tsk tsk.

Anyway, according to mediafree.gr,(http://www.mediamagazine.gr/%CE%B1%...-%CF%83%CE%BA%CE%B1%CF%8A-%CF%83%CF%84%CE%B7/ ) FeelGood Records will participate in the greek NF with the 20 yo Tania Breazou. She competed in X-Factor 2016 and placed 4th, right behind Stero Soul.

So, the 16 finalists are :

Areti Ketime
Panagiotis Tsakalakos
Vasiliki Stephanou
Stereo Soul ft dj Concept
Chorostalites
Tony Vlachos
Duo Fina
Yannis Moraitis
Dimitris Kiklis
Decho
Giannis Dimitras
Christina Salti
Gianna Terzi
Kyriaki Derempei ft Lava
Vangelis Panatos
Tania Breazou

Now we have to wait for the verdict of our jury, in order to know how many of them will be in the final line-up. Good luck to everyone. Even to Vangelis Panatos, lol!

Nicholas123

Nicholas123

The five finalists selected by our jury are

Areti Ketime (Spicy music) - Min ksehnas ton ilio (Do not forget the sun)
Gianna Terzi (Panik records) - T' oniro mou (My dream)
Chorostalites(Spider music) - Apo tin Kriti os tin Thraki (From Crete to Thrace)
Tony Vlachos (Spider music) - Baila jazz
Duo Fina ( Records on Top) - Idio tempo (Same tempo)

So basically both artists of spider music made it to the final line up. Same with the tenors duo, Duo Fina, who have bonds to Ert (they used to phave their own show in ERT some years ago). Hm... xhmmm

http://infegreece.gr/eurovision-ert-autoi-einai-oi-pente-finalist-tou-ellinikou-telikou/

DanielLuis

I'm really hoping Areti Ketime has a great song! "Baila jazz" is quite a strange intriguing name though :lol:
Do you have any idea when the songs will be released?

Nicholas123

I'm really hoping Areti Ketime has a great song! "Baila jazz" is quite a strange intriguing name though :lol:
Do you have any idea when the songs will be released?

Ok, i have to apologize, as i missed a very important detail. (This is what happens when you don't read the original article of the "God" Grigoris. Melas :lol: :oops:)

It seems that this is only a shortlist of some kind. :? ERT will discuss with the record labels of the selected artists, in order to secure that they are willing to cover all the expenses of our delegation in Lisbon. I wonder why those "discussions" have not taken place at a previous stage, and what's gonna happen if the answers of some labels are negative. Will their artists be replaced by the runners-up (if there are any)? Geez, it does not look that good.

Meanwhile, the frustration of the greek fans on infe's and OGAE's pages is gargantuan. :mrgreen: Some of them are talking about a fixed NF for Ketime to win, by ERT's decision to place her among weak artists and songs, so that she can easily beat them all, while some others are accusing ERT for letting some artists who are in a way related to it, to compete. *cough*DUO FINA*cough*.

And to answer to your question, i have no idea when the songs will be released. Actually we don't even know, if those 5 songs will be the final ones :shock:

For now, i'm posting some interviews that "Eurovision Buddies" have made with some of the contestants.

1. Areti Ketime

2. Chorostalites

3. Tony Vlachos

Nicholas123

Artists, who have not been selected,started to reveal their entries. :O

Here is Dimitris Kiklis' submission. Cute, melodic song with a retro vibe in it, i kinda like it. Not sure if it would leave a strong impression on ESC televoters. though.

GRE

These are the 3 finalists:

Areti Ketime (Spicy music) - Min ksehnas ton ilio (Do not forget the sun)
Gianna Terzi (Panik records) - T' oniro mou (My dream)
Chorostalites(Spider music) - Apo tin Kriti os tin Thraki (From Crete to Thrace)

Sammy

Veteran

What a stupid decision to disqualify 2 acts because of "non greek-music-style". More choice - more fun!

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

What a stupid decision to disqualify 2 acts because of "non greek-music-style". More choice - more fun!

True, but if the rules they set out are for Greek style songs only, then it defeats the entire purpose to accept anyone else with a non-greek style song - no matter how stupid it may sound. Really they shouldn't have even been shortlisted with this criteria.

Sammy

Veteran

True, but if the rules they set out are for Greek style songs only, then it defeats the entire purpose to accept anyone else with a non-greek style song - no matter how stupid it may sound. Really they shouldn't have even been shortlisted with this criteria.
Good point!
Let me rephrase my first posting: stupid RULE to insist on greek style music (which seems to be a very clear criteria at first glance but may also be questioned. What exactly does that term mean? Cliché sirtaki - which btw is not even originally greek -, rembetiko? greek pop? .... )

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

Ok Greece, I just found your next ESC entry. Ignore the NF and everyone in it. This fits the criteria you want and totally slays. xbow

Nicholas123

How much will i hurt your feelings if i tell you that this song is rumored to be Foureira's submission to ERT last September? :eek: Too bad she wanted to be sent to ESC internally. :mrgreen:
But hey, do not lose hope! She still has the time to submit it to the :sm: NF xcheer xrofl3

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

How much will i hurt your feelings if i tell you that this song is rumored to be Foureira's submission to ERT last September? :eek: Too bas she wanted to be sent to ESC internally. :mrgreen:
But hey, do not lose hope! She still has the time to submit it to the :sm: NF xcheer xrofl3

:'D ERT clearly wouldn't know a good thing if it slapped them in the face. How could they possibly reject this to carry on with a NF. oOX It would be be absolutely epic at ESC. Greece' loss is a gain for San Marino. ;)

Nicholas123

Parts of the songs' lyrics are out :eek:

http://infegreece.gr/i-stixoi-ton-triwn-tragoudion-gia-ton-elliniko-teliko/

With my extremely poor translation skills-this is just to give you a small idea.

ESCREGION

Nicholas123

Greek national broadcaster just announced that the national final for the country will take place on February 16th via ERT1. The three participating songs will be presented in video performances. ERT and the record labels are ready to finalise all legal details of the national final next week.

https://oikotimes.com/greece-2018-🇬🇷-national-final-date-decided/

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

A 3 song NF. xlove Bless Greece never ever going full MF on us.

Top Bottom