12 5.0%

4 1.7%

2 0.8%

4 1.7%

15 6.3%

• Total voters

Franco

Re: GREECE 2018

A second chance for Demy, hopefully? I wouldn't mind seeing her again.

AlekS

Veteran

She sings traditional songs, and plays a rare musical instrument (santuri).
I already like her :lol:

It's more familiar as dulcimer/dulcemele (W. Europe).
Or cimbalom/tsymbaly (Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Slovakia, Belarus), there are different variants of it - this is one of our most prominent folk instruments btw, thought that you call it in the same way like in ancient Greece. Belarus wasted such beautiful instrument on their disastrous entry on ESC 2011.

imo Ukraine would definitely give points to her if she gets chosen.

GRE

I already like her :lol:

It's more familiar as dulcimer/dulcemele (W. Europe).
Or cimbalom/tsymbaly (Hungary, Romania, Moldova, Ukraine, Slovakia, Belarus), there are different variants of it - this is one of our most prominent folk instruments btw, thought that you call it in the same way like in ancient Greece. Belarus wasted such beautiful instrument on their disastrous entry on ESC 2011.

imo Ukraine would definitely give points to her if she gets chosen.

She is 28 years old, but we know her since she was 10, because the most popular male greek singer (George Dalaras) promoted her as a young talented musician.
Initially she used to play mostly this instrument, and less singing.
She doesn't have "hits" but all greeks know her. :)
It would be an ideal entry for Greece, but I am not so hopeful.

Nicholas123

https://oikotimes.com/greece-2018-she-deserves-to-go-to-eurovision-says-areti-ketimes-producer/

Oikotimes are having a meltdown at the idea of Areti Ketime representing us in the upcoming ESC :lol: They even published a picture of her with the caption "Feel my ego", lol!

Basically, her producer, Dimitris Karas, confirms Areti's bid for eurovision and he states that the song will be bilingual with intense folk elements! (http://www.toxwni.gr/more/170380-i-...rei-sto-xoni-o-paragogos-tis,-dimitris-karras) :mrgreen:

JonnyWest

https://oikotimes.com/greece-2018-she-deserves-to-go-to-eurovision-says-areti-ketimes-producer/

Oikotimes are having a meltdown at the idea of Areti Ketime representing us in the upcoming ESC :lol: They even published a picture of her with the caption "Feel my ego", lol!

Basically, her producer, Dimitris Karas, confirms Areti's bid for eurovision and he states that the song will be bilingual with intense folk elements! (http://www.toxwni.gr/more/170380-i-...rei-sto-xoni-o-paragogos-tis,-dimitris-karras) :mrgreen:

Why does Oikotimes hate quality so much? :lol:

DanielLuis

Oh wow, I totally missed this! Is the rumour still strong? I really would like to see her in Lisbon!

Nicholas123

Oh wow, I totally missed this! Is the rumour still strong? I really would like to see her in Lisbon!

I guess it is. I mean, they have a song and they have already submitted it to ERT (or they will soon, dunno). Dimitris Karras, Areti's producer has been posting a lot on his FB account about ESC and Areti has been sharing his posts. :mrgreen: My only concern is whether they are interested in participating in a NF or they were just hoping to be selected internally *chuckles* I hope they will participate, anyway. :D I would like to see this girl on the stage of Eurovision, singing a classy folk ballad in greek language, while playing the santuri *90's vibes xheart*

Btw, for Marina Satti's fans (she is quite popular in the whishlist thread :lol:) she said that she does not feel ready for ESC yet, but she does not reject the possibilty to represent us in the future! :D http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...emerging-star-who_us_59b92a62e4b02c642e4a12c8

Nicholas123

NickWilde

It makes us pleasure that Greece will sing in their national langage. Visibly, since Portugal won, it looks like 2008 where some countries sang in national langage (Turkey, Croatia, Finland...). It changes of English

Nicholas123

A bit of an update.

According to information, provided by oikotimes, infegreece and ogaegreece, we already know 3 singers who have submitted their songs to ERT.

1. Areti Ketime (Spicy Records). Her song is described as a mix of balkan and oriental sound. So, we should perhaps expect something like this? xthink

2. Panayotis Tsakalakos (Satellite Records). He was the winner of "Greek Idol", back in 2011. He has not done much since then, although he is still active, by singing in small stages.

Some of his songs

3. Vassiliki Stefanou (Polymusic) The 24 yo singer is relatively unknown to the greek audience. She mostly performs modern folk songs. You can see her here

Her entry is described as "contemporary, with a traditional touch and it's composed by the also relatively unknown composer, Yorgos Kyriakos. Some of his songs :

Let's hope that more artists will join! xcheer

Sammy

Veteran

My impressions:
I would absolutely love something in the style Areti Ketime. Great song you posted!
After having listened to the songs of Panayotis, I'd say: great voice, I like the first song more than the second one, it has got more power. Something like this - I'd vote for it also.
Vassiliki Stefanou: also has this folky touch, but I prefer the one of Areti. The song you posted seems a bit outdated for me, but that doesn't necessarily mean, it's bad.
As for th composer, the songs you posted do not really convince me... bit boring.

But it's quite a promising start for the greek selection.

ZoboCamel

Seems like a decent start so far! I'm not a big fan of the video you linked for #1, but I like the idea of mixing Balkan & Oriental sounds in general, so it could be good if done differently; for #2, I really like his voice, so it depends on what song he gets; #3 has a rather nice vibe to it, so I'd be happy to hear something like that in the NF. Though really, in my books, anything would be a step up from Greece's entry this year :rolleyes:

Nicholas123

http://infegreece.gr/oi-stereo-soul...-gia-ton-elliniko-teliko-tis-eurovision-2018/

Stereo Soul (a male pop duo that was formed 2 years ago in XFactor Greece) are the fourth artists to submit their song to ERT. #brrrrrrrrr

Their entry is composed by DJ Koncept (:?) and is described as a "mid-/uptempo electronic pop ballad"

Under the current term of our broadcaster that all submitted songs must be in folk/ethnic style, i am not sure if Stereo Soul's entry is going to be accepted, but with ERT one can never be sure. :eek:

Here is their latest release. A (terrible if u ask me) cover of an 80's greek classic.

edit ; http://infegreece.gr/apokleistiko-p...loun-protasi-stin-ert-gia-ti-eurovision-2018/

It seems like Panik Records is going to to submit a song, with Christina Salti

Just when we thought that we got off to a good start....:lol:

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member

ohhh I'm excited by the fact they want some more ethnic style music, rather than just basic pop that sounds like it is from anywhere (Not that basic pop is bad, just in ESC I like to see countries show something that is more 'them' rather than Swedish or British sounding). It seems the Serbian and Macedonian flops and Portuguese success has said volumes to some countries.

FYI, that Stereo Soul song sucks completely, but that Christina Salti sounds super great I love it. If their ESC song is anything like that then i'd be very happy.

Nicholas123

More news. Final Touch Records is probably going to submit a song with Kyriaki Derempei. First time i hear of her, but her newly released song seems interesting.

Plus, it is composed by one of my fave greek composers, Stefanos Korkolis. If he is gonna be the one who will make her ESC song, we might listen to something good! :eek:

GRE

ERT received 16 songs.
Now a special jury, will select some of them for the national final.

Top Bottom