Contact us

Every (strange) thing about the results

Bench

I thought a separate thread to discuss this years results would be good.
If you saw something special or unusual in the voting results please let it know.

I thinks there are some really strange voting things, like for example Moldovan jury all gives their first place to Romania, really?
And also Azerbaijan and Armenian jury members all put the other country last. Come one this is ridiculous.

And what about Macedonia. Only televoting counted there, what happened with the jury does anyone now?

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
The good old Armenia-Azerbaijan thing :lol: Yet both love Georgia xrofl2

And the Moldova-Romania problem is now only Moldova's. We didn't give them only #1, like last year.

carl1

Televoting if rightly calculated:
Italy 356
Russia 286
Sweden 272
This is scandalous, fucking juries

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
The end of Greece and Cyprus 12 point swap. I almost died.

EvNickGR

Yeah, this is so a scandal. Juries and Bjorkman owns Eurovision and they do everything they want. ( I want to say that Sweden was a deserved winner, no offence)!

Bench

Yeah indeed, didn't except that. And with a big gap.

But juries are absolutely necessary imo.

FoxOfShadows

After calculating the televote results, here's what I got for Semi 2 (San Marino, Montenegro and Azerbaijan only used juries)

1. Sweden - 171
2. Israel - 140
3. Poland - 114
4. Latvia - 100
5. Norway - 90
6. Lithuania - 88 (Including 12 from UK and Ireland )
7. Cyprus - 78
8. Slovenia - 70
9. Montenegro - 48
10. Czech Republic - 46

11. Azerbaijan - 30
12. Portugal - 17 (Including 12 from Switzerland)
13. Iceland - 16
14. Malta - 15
15. San Marino - 11 (Including 10 from Italy)
16. Switzerland - 5 (From 3 countries)
17. Ireland - 5 (From 1 country)

So exactly the same qualifiers bar Czech Republic and Azerbaijan

Jury qualifiers are like this

1. Sweden - 201
2. Latvia - 155
3. Norway - 144
4. Israel - 114
5. Slovenia - 84 (From 17 countries, two 12s)
6. Ireland - 84 (From 17 countries)
7. Malta - 84 (From 15 countries)
8. Cyprus - 76
9. Azerbaijan - 67
10. Lithuania - 52

11. Montenegro - 47
12. Czech Republic - 34
13. Portugal - 23
14. Iceland - 22
15. Switzerland - 15
16. Poland - 10
17. San Marino - 6

ParadiseES

WAIT WAIT so :cz: was televoting top-10 but juries killed them???????????????????? WHAAAAAT???????????

ParadiseES

It's funny how we brought juries back because the voting was unfair mostly for the Western countries (except for the Nordics), but the one who has qualified because of this in 2014 and this year is Azerbaijan instead of Portugal and Czech Republic :rolleyes:

paddyirl

One Irish juror put Israel #1 in Semi but #27 in the final??? WTF?

Juror A, Raymond Smith. Unless the graphic is wrong.

Tinchey

These results were basically 200 people spitting in faces of millions of voters that declared Italy their winner. I really don't like the song. But the way juries voted is strange to me, because Heroes isn't the most quality song there is... ESPECIALLY not the best.

paddyirl

Thats what I can't fathom either, its very bland and basic nothing special or unique enough to justify such a change from the jury.

Uvaro

someone needs to look into the azeri jury, their votes are basically the same again. :?

It's funny how we brought juries back because the voting was unfair mostly for the Western countries (except for the Nordics), but the one who has qualified because of this in 2014 and this year is Azerbaijan instead of Portugal and Czech Republic :rolleyes:

Yeah...

But at the same time, now we've tried it, observed it didn't work, it was flawed, so now it's about to try something else. To get the results we want.. :p

Gera11

WorldVision Mod
Staff member
These results were basically 200 people spitting in faces of millions of voters that declared Italy their winner. I really don't like the song. But the way juries voted is strange to me, because Heroes isn't the most quality song there is... ESPECIALLY not the best.

> juries are people like us
> obviously they are extremely subjective, like us
> juries don't know how people will vote, because they vote with 1 day before
> because you consider it's not the best IT DOESN'T mean for some people it can't be the best
> for me for example Italy was meh, nothing really wow song-wise, but the voices and the performance were great; it just happened that the 200 people to agreeing more with my taste rather than the Italy fans.

Yet we gave the power to those 200 people and we are complaining now. I personally thought they will vote like mad for Italy, because of 1) opera style 2) they loved so much Italy in 2011 even though was meh 3) It's Il Volo. Some members, like the televote in some countries, get wet when they hear about them.

AdelAdel

And also Azerbaijan and Armenian jury members all put the other country last. Come one this is ridiculous.

Ridiculous, indeed. However, I'm almost sure that those two juries are not independent and have to follow their government's orders. They might have had problems if they didn't place their "enemy" at last place. Like I said last year, for this reason alone, those two countries should not be allowed to participate in ESC.

Top Bottom