Contact us

Every (strange) thing about the results

MonkeyJaw

juries used to be a good idea when their votes seemed to be genuinely non-political (even in 2011 where they wildly disagreed with the televote, even more so than this year) but right now they are just shady, not just from western countries that actively smite down perceived "diasporas" but also from eastern countries that desperately try to hang on to whatever's left of their block voting since the televoters don't do that job for them anymore (since, you know, other countries are just sending better songs and televoters aren't devious strategists).
That's a really interesting point. Maybe the contest just was shit in 2007 and -8. (Although I'm still gutted about Iceland 07!!) People would have voted for Norway and Germany in 2009 and 2010 anyway.

I still think that it's an injustice that juries put Poland (a song that has clearly a strong message and is thus a perfect example for "building bridges") on the last place ... especially in the Semi she lost ~70 points because of the juries.
I'm happy Poland got slaughtered by the juries, although I would have expected it score opposite - juries loving it; people hating it. It's the most boring song ever.
As for Albania, I cannot get my head around why you people who love it, can notice how horrific her performance was. It was the worst of the night, easily.

other than denmark-norway those are pretty high points that pretty much prove the block exists lol.

then this year russia was the only eastern country to actually get points from all of their allies, while the others basically ignored each other to give their points to sweden, belgium and italy (russia's top 3 point getters), while sweden got all the 12s from their block and norway still got a whole lot of points for a song that universally failed to make an impact on the televote.
Uh... if a horde of countries give 12 points to the eventual winner, are you surprised another 12 points came from a neighbouring country?

Brandt

Ridiculous, indeed. However, I'm almost sure that those two juries are not independent and have to follow their government's orders. They might have had problems if they didn't place their "enemy" at last place. Like I said last year, for this reason alone, those two countries should not be allowed to participate in ESC.

I also said the same thing on Eurovision's facebook page, under a news about Armenia. You can't even imagine the reaction over it. xfacepalm

Brandt

Absolutely! Sweden winning is no problem for me, I like everything about Sweden - the beautiful landscape, beautiful Stockholm, the friendly people, the music of course... I wouldn't criticise their victory so much if it was deserved and if they won with a really good song like the one from Mariette maybe... ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but just because you don't think Mans deserved to win, does it make him undeserved winner? I get all reactions under this thread but this one is just way too personally emotional and quite personal taste of music. I so dislike Mariette's song. So, if the winner was Mariette, does it make her undeserved winner, or deserved because you liked?

There is no song in the world that everyone loves, or everyone hates. It's all about taste and you can't just call a song "deserved" or "undeserved" based on only your personal taste.

Alaska49

Uh... if a horde of countries give 12 points to the eventual winner, are you surprised another 12 points came from a neighbouring country?
it's not that i'm surprised but mans didn't have this level of approval outside of the scandi voting block (relatively, of course, since he still did very well). most importantly, he was more successful inside his block then polina was in her own block. my point is that people can't just accuse eastern europe of diaspora and voting blocks and turn a blind eye to scandinavia.

Positions to Albania in semi final by jury from :

RUSSIA : 6 , 2, 4, 3, 7 total - 3
MOLDOVA : 4, 6, 3, 3, 5 total - 3

Positions to Albania in final by jury from :

RUSSIA : 21, 25, 23, 26, 15 total - 26
MOLDOVA : 12, 27, 20, 18, 14 total - 20

Yes it is very strange

tuorem

Why Slovenia so underrated by the televote? They always seem to be overlooked by people. :mad:

I'm glad that Latvia was ranked 2nd by the juries though, such a high position was unexpected imo. Too bad they didn't beat Australia in the end.

People loved Estonia more than juries :eek: They might have failed to reach the top 10 otherwise!

And Poland is killed by juries second time in a row :eek: Did I miss something? I thought "In The Name Of Love" was meant to please the juries...

And people liked the Czech entry :( too bad they were downgraded.

EscGeek

Veteran
Twin Twin and Tinkara Kovač performed as 14 & 17
The Makemakes and Ann Sophie performed as 14 & 17

Terence

Why Slovenia so underrated by the televote? They always seem to be overlooked by people. :mad:

Amen! People were predicting Slovenia to obtain their best ever result but I was skeptic as they seem to struggle on televote for some reason. Probably the draw? Or maybe the song was just fanwank? Whatever it was, they deserved better but somehow I saw it coming.

tuorem

Amen! People were predicting Slovenia to obtain their best ever result but I was skeptic as they seem to struggle on televote for some reason. Probably the draw? Or maybe the song was just fanwank? Whatever it was, they deserved better but somehow I saw it coming.

They performed 20th in 2011 and 17th in 2014, yet they were in the bottom 5 of the televote. I don't know what they should do to make people vote for them tbh xthink

Pawhlen

that :de: for the third time in a row came last when the contest is celebrating anniversary

1995 - last with 1 Point

2005 - last with 4 Points

2015 - last with 0 Points

MonkeyJaw

it's not that i'm surprised but mans didn't have this level of approval outside of the scandi voting block (relatively, of course, since he still did very well). most importantly, he was more successful inside his block then polina was in her own block. my point is that people can't just accuse eastern europe of diaspora and voting blocks and turn a blind eye to scandinavia.
I don't know if you were referring to me, but I've never professed to complaining about "eastern Europe" (very vague term) whilst turning a blind eye to Scandinavia. The Nordics (not just Scandinavia) are as bad as any bloc (except Greece-Cyprus).

Positions to Albania in semi final by jury from :

RUSSIA : 6 , 2, 4, 3, 7 total - 3
MOLDOVA : 4, 6, 3, 3, 5 total - 3

Positions to Albania in final by jury from :

RUSSIA : 21, 25, 23, 26, 15 total - 26
MOLDOVA : 12, 27, 20, 18, 14 total - 20

Yes it is very strange
It is not strange. The juries punished horrible singing. She didn't hit half the notes. Actually did worse than Blue did in 2011. Listen to the performance again. It's awful. Simple as that.

Probably starting position, but also that the staging wasn't very exciting. They were basically just standing there, singing. It's a good song, though. Really like it.

Alaska49

I don't know if you were referring to me, but I've never professed to complaining about "eastern Europe" (very vague term) whilst turning a blind eye to Scandinavia. The Nordics (not just Scandinavia) are as bad as any bloc (except Greece-Cyprus).
oh you didn't, but other people did and I was addressing that point of view~

also eastern europe isn't that vague when it comes to the prejudice of eurovision fans. both the balkan block and the soviet block get a lot more shit for things all the voting blocks do (specially the scandinavian block).

Pawhlen

Not just something for this year but still, that :ru: for the 4th time this millenium finish 2nd behind a nordic country (2000, 2006, 2012 and 2015)

niko

Banned
oh you didn't, but other people did and I was addressing that point of view~

also eastern europe isn't that vague when it comes to the prejudice of eurovision fans. both the balkan block and the soviet block get a lot more shit for things all the voting blocks do (specially the scandinavian block).

Yup, because we are Eastern and people hate us by default, 'cuz we're supposed to be commies and shit. :roll:

Top Bottom