Contact us

Every (strange) thing about the results

FilipFromSweden

What makes me furious is that whenever EBU gets the question about Azerbaijan and Armenia putting each other last and no consequences being made, EBU's argument is that it's something complicated and hard to change and that you can't force a country to vote for another country.

It could also be that the jury members are scared of their own broadcasters. I think a jury member could end up in a lot of trouble if he/she ranked Azerbaijan/Armenia first

Dante

Italy gave Romania 10 points, yet the jury ranks it 26. I know it's diaspora, but this is too much.

Armenia in general, the jury in most case tried to put it down.

In Hungary, Italy is first in televoting, but ranked 20 by the jury. Yet, Cyprus 8-jury and 20-televoting.

aef

The most shocking thing was the Greece-Cyprus thing for me! :eek:

It's also interesting that Potugal isn't giving its 12 points to Spain automatically anymore since last year!

In fact I was quite bored by the voting yesterday because I expected a really close one but then nearly every country gave the top points to :se: :ru: and :it: (+ sometimes :be: :lv: and :au: but that's it..) It was like last year when it was always :at: :nl: and :se:... :?

southernstars

These results were basically 200 people spitting in faces of millions of voters that declared Italy their winner. I really don't like the song. But the way juries voted is strange to me, because Heroes isn't the most quality song there is... ESPECIALLY not the best.

I agree with you. I don't really like the Italian entry THAT much, however the public loved them and boy, can they sing! I love the Swedish song, but it's not the 'best' song (Belgium is actually my favourite! His entry was so creative, love it).

Australia was 6th in televoting and 4th by jury (if I'm reading those graphs right), makes sense to be 5th overall. But yeah... the Italy thing is a puzzle.

I was surprised at Ireland giving 12 to Latvia, actually!
Not surprised at UK giving 10 to us, though, we have obvious ties to the UK. But I do wonder how many Aussie expats in the UK were voting for Guy... I laughed that we didn't reciprocate :p

On my Twitter, there were lots of comments about the new and unexpected relationship between Sweden and Australia, whom gave each other 12 points lol... I noticed Guy and Måns (coincidentally Guy was sitting in front of him) pointing at each other and smiling when that happened.
Someone on Twitter wrote, for example: "Intelligence agencies around the world scratching their heads over the recently discovered #SWE #AUS link" XD

Knubelznarm

I think these results defy a lot of stereotypes regarding the juries. They're not just ballad loving middle-aged losers stuck in 1998 :eek:

Televoters on the other hand, are as neighbor-friendly and tasteless as ever.

I didn't want any song in top 3 to win, but at least the juries made sure we didn't have an outdated Italian popera song or an über-cheesy peace ballad as poster song for Eurovision. Sweden's song was mediocre, but at least it will put Eurovision in a more up-to-date direction. I hope.

aef

It's quite interesting that we almost had 3 countries with more than 300 points yesterday! And as a fact of that 44 points meant 13th place yesterday whereas Estonia was on 24th place with 44 points in 2011! :)

FilipFromSweden

tuorem

I didn't want any song in top 3 to win, but at least the juries made sure we didn't have an outdated Italian popera song or an über-cheesy peace ballad as poster song for Eurovision. Sweden's song was mediocre, but at least it will put Eurovision in a more up-to-date direction. I hope.

Belgium and Latvia were up-to-date, Sweden is same old same old stuff. I don't understand how they ranked "Heroes" just over "Love Injected" by the way, which are completely opposite from an artistic/quality perspective... From so-called professionals, I can't believe "Heroes" was the song they liked best.

Did anyone notice that, while the viewers ranked Austria dead last, these juries ranked them 13th, yet they got a big fat zero last night. xthink

Knubelznarm

Belgium and Latvia were up-to-date, Sweden is same old same old stuff. I don't understand how they ranked "Heroes" just over "Love Injected" by the way, which are completely opposite from an artistic/quality perspective... From so-called professionals, I can't believe "Heroes" was the song they liked best.

Me neither, and I completely agree. I actually voted for :be: and :lv:, but it was clear from the beginning that this was between :se: :ru: and :it: and out of those three songs :se: was the most up-to-date imo, even if it sucks.

alca

aef

Could somebody please explain to me why :am: likes the songs from :me:? (12 points last year, a few points this year) Is there any special reason for this or do they just really like the songs??

Terence

It's quite interesting that we almost had 3 countries with more than 300 points yesterday! And as a fact of that 44 points meant 13th place yesterday whereas Estonia was on 24th place with 44 points in 2011! :)

That's definitely interesting... although you can interpret it that 8-10 songs were highly rated compared to the others, unlike in past years.

Top Bottom