Contact us

Eurovision Asia Song Contest 2018 - General Discussion

Romeo

I am really impatient... I want to know host country and dates asap haha

tuorem

Veteran
As far as :my: is concerned, news of Eurovision Asia is almost unheard of here.. :lol:
Same for :ph: sadly :( They're too busy focusing on other stuff :lol:
For us, the word "Eurovision" is a mere alien word that we tend often to overlook. The local singing contests and concerts are our main focus but seldom on the international scene nowadays...

Well, I assume it'll take years and years of organisation and promotion before the new contest gets a decent reputation in Asia. It's a concept that should be explained to people, indeed popularity won't come magically as the majority don't know about the Eurovision brand.

The first edition will be key, if it's well produced, the positive feedback and novelty factor will attract viewers. There's a lot of work to do to make this contest big, it'll represent a unique opportunity to showcase Asian music in its diversity to the world, hence why I hope the production will be great.

Alaska49

i HAAAAATE the name eurovision asia. HAAAAAAAATE. i don't care that it's supposed to be a brand or whatever, euro makes people think of europe and this ain't europe!!!!! i get that asiavision is a claimed name but ugh do "aspavision" kike someone said or even just "asia-pacific song contest"

A-lister

Veteran
i HAAAAATE the name eurovision asia. HAAAAAAAATE. i don't care that it's supposed to be a brand or whatever, euro makes people think of europe and this ain't europe!!!!! i get that asiavision is a claimed name but ugh do "aspavision" kike someone said or even just "asia-pacific song contest"

Agree, I know it's a brand name but it's just odd...

DenizESC

Banned
Plus it makes it sound like its some very cheap, unimportant spin-off version of Eurovision. Personally I would have called it 'KawaiiVision'.

Romeo

PAPUA NEW GUINEA

10th country (possibly)

randajad

Veteran
Well look at this, it failed without even being able to fail. Also I find the brand name ok, but I’d like it better if it was called Eurovision Song Contest: Asia xqueenbitch

Realest

As long as this Tournament doesnt delete the "Euro" from "Eurovision", I dont want it to happen.

AdelAdel

Is this contest really going to happen? I mean it's scheduled for this year, but there's still no host. Doesn't it take time to prepare such an event? I'm afraid that even if it does happen, the number of competing countries will be very low due to many of them being poor and/or their culture conflicting with an idea of a contest like this.

Brandt

Is this contest really going to happen? I mean it's scheduled for this year, but there's still no host. Doesn't it take time to prepare such an event? I'm afraid that even if it does happen, the number of competing countries will be very low due to many of them being poor and/or their culture conflicting with an idea of a contest like this.

It's been only 18 days since we are in 2018. It is way too early to come to conclusion and worry about the time being enough to prepare or not. Also Eurovision began with only 8 participants. Junior Eurovision has been only slightly better. I don't see why one would expect better/promising participation for Eurovision Asia at this point.

Romeo

Is this contest really going to happen? I mean it's scheduled for this year, but there's still no host. Doesn't it take time to prepare such an event?

Well according to Jon Ola Sand you need 13 months to prepare for JESC so.... haha

hawadharma

If Malaysia decides to join Asiavision 2018 (if it ever will be materialised), then this year's 32nd edition Anugerah Juara Lagu will determine who will be representing Malaysia.

12 songs will compete in the finals for the coveted title of Juara Lagu (Song Champion) of Malaysia.

1. Wani Hasrita - "Menahan Rindu" (Genre: Ballad)
2. Khai Bahar - "Bayang" (Genre: Ballad)
3. Azmi - "Sejati" (Genre: Pop Rock)
4. Hael Husaini - "Jampi" (Genre: Pop)
5. Dayang Nurfaizah - "Separuh Matiku Bercinta" (Genre: Ballad)
6. Haqiem Rusli - "Tergantung Sepi" (Genre: Ballad)
7. Altimet - "Amboi" (Genre: Rap/Hip-Hop)
8. Syamel - "Lebih Sempurna" (Genre: Ballad)
9. Hazama - "Aku Yang Sebenar" (Genre: Rock)
10. Syamel & Ernie Zakri - "Aku Cinta" (Genre: Ballad)
11. Salma - "Akhirnya Cinta" (Genre: Ballad)
12. Ara - "Warkah Untukku" (Genre: Pop Rock)

Compilation of snippets of the 12 finalists:

12 finalists songs in Acapella style:

Promotional ad for AJL32:

Romeo

my favourite and lest favourite...

I liked the rap song
Wasn't a fan of the first girl with the cloth on her head

hawadharma

Romeo

Coincidentally, the girl whose song you dislike the most, is the worst performer of the night.

I think I should become a judge on that show haha. Maybe I should move to Malaysia If I can predict things like that haha

Top Bottom