Solomon Islands
South Korea
Vanuatu

Leydan

Worldvision Mod
Staff member
No Pitcairn Island thread, am disappointed. :(

12Points

Don't really like the name. Should've been like Asiapacificvision (maybe Aspavision :lol:) Song Contest or taking back the "Our Sound" name

Guilep

Let's hope the participation fee will be lower than Eurovision ones, otherwise many countries won't be able to take part

lavieenrose

Albania Superstar

John1

Don't really like the name. Should've been like Asiapacificvision (maybe Aspavision :lol:) Song Contest or taking back the "Our Sound" name

I do thoroughly agree with you. It's such a shame that the name of "Eurovision" will be spread across Asia (and maybe America or whatsoever). It'll lack innovation regarding the name of the whole contest, even if they didn't aim at it at first sight...

DanielLuis

I do thoroughly agree with you. It's such a shame that the name of "Eurovision" will be spread across Asia (and maybe America or whatsoever). It'll lack innovation regarding the name of the whole contest, even if they didn't aim at it at first sight...

The whole idea is for Eurovision to be a brand

DanielLuis

If you looked at the name of this "brand" a bit more properly, there's a part of this word which includes "European" or "Europe". xcookie

Eurovision doesn't refer to Europe my dear, it refers to the Eurovision group belonging to the EBU. xcookie

Clearly their goal is to make Eurovision a brand, that's why they are hosting the contest with the Eurovision Asia name. No need to be patronizing like that.

John1

Eurovision doesn't refer to Europe my dear, it refers to the Eurovision group belonging to the EBU. xcookie

Clearly their goal is to make Eurovision a brand, that's why they are hosting the contest with the Eurovision Asia name. No need to be patronizing like that.

What's the purpose on talking about the difference between the EBU and the Eurovision? Eurovision and the EBU will always be attached to the European culture and economics, no matter the way they're using this brand's name. To what would "Eurovision" relate then? Antarctica?? xcookie

Anyway, no sooner had I found out that they would include "vision" in the name of this new contest, believed I they should have called it "Asiavision" instead and thus help the ABU found a brand new broadcasting network in the same way as the EBU did a long time ago. The Eurovision network and the Eurovision Song contest are both different, though having something to do with this continent.

This is pretty unclear though (and not so viable) when they're stating that this is a collaboration between the ABU and the EBU regarding the name of the contest. It sounds like the EBU is taking over everything... :lol:

This is my state of mind, and I'm truly complaining about these decisions of trying to make the Eurovision much more popular than ever. :?

MyHeartIsYours

I hate the "Eurovision Asia" name, should be "Asiavision". I will defo watch this, I think it'll be really good and very intriguing :p

Guess I will support ;)
:au: :nz:

Hopefully more countries will join though. I would love it if India could make it :D

tuorem

Are you guys sure Eurovision Asia will kick off in 2018? :lol: Just wondering because the concept took ages to take shape, and apart from a name and a web page, there isn't much about it yet.

hawadharma

Are you guys sure Eurovision Asia will kick off in 2018? :lol: Just wondering because the concept took ages to take shape, and apart from a name and a web page, there isn't much about it yet.

As far as :my: is concerned, news of Eurovision Asia is almost unheard of here.. :lol:

Eulaliya

As far as :my: is concerned, news of Eurovision Asia is almost unheard of here.. :lol:

Same for :ph: sadly :( They're too busy focusing on other stuff :lol:
For us, the word "Eurovision" is a mere alien word that we tend often to overlook. The local singing contests and concerts are our main focus but seldom on the international scene nowadays...

Top Bottom